I'm gonna say it...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
SteezyEndo said:
This is a typical jumping on the bandwagon thread...RG3 is garbage...I mean who were the suspects which he was complaining about that play to rough? :lmao:

Are you really a Rams fan?
This kind of comment is unnecessary at ROD. We are all Rams fans.

If you must attack, attack the post, not the poster. There are very few forbidden subjects here. You don't like the opinion, fine. Make your point with tact and move on.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ram Quixote said:
SteezyEndo said:
This is a typical jumping on the bandwagon thread...RG3 is garbage...I mean who were the suspects which he was complaining about that play to rough? :lmao:

Are you really a Rams fan?
This kind of comment is unnecessary at ROD. We are all Rams fans.

If you must attack, attack the post, not the poster. There are very few forbidden subjects here. You don't like the opinion, fine. Make your point with tact and move on.
I thought that was a perfect example of ''attacking'' a poster.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I truly believe that if they put those extra picks to use next year, it will help Bradford immensely. Don't think they'll find the great WR they need in the draft, but some help for the line and a nice FA acquisition and will prop up #8. The guy can make the throws, honestly the only mistake he makes consistently is holding the ball waiting for someone to get open.

I can't knock Griffin either. Saw him throw a rocket across his body in that game last night and my jaw dropped. He's flat out good. I'm just putting a lot of faith in Bradford.

stan

Rookie
For the money it looks like the Rams were screwed which is nothing new.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
IF IF IF...
I get real tired of all the "what if we would've drafted so and so instead of this guy" bullshit.
Two reasons;
First, it didn't go down that way, so we as fans gotta deal w/ it.
Second, when a topic like this gets started, "fans" start attacking each other and it starts to sound like fucking Rams talk. That's why I'm here to get away from that worthless waste of my time.
RGIII is probably gonna have a good career. He's got skills, no doubt about it.
Sam Bradford is the one wearing the horns. That should end all inquisitions right there.
Sorry. I need to roll another one.

GO RAMS!!!!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
rickrawk said:
IF IF IF...
I get real tired of all the "what if we would've drafted so and so instead of this guy" bullshit.
Two reasons;
First, it didn't go down that way, so we as fans gotta deal w/ it.
Second, when a topic like this gets started, "fans" start attacking each other and it starts to sound like fucking Rams talk. That's why I'm here to get away from that worthless waste of my time.
RGIII is probably gonna have a good career. He's got skills, no doubt about it.
Sam Bradford is the one wearing the horns. That should end all inquisitions right there.
Sorry. I need to roll another one.

GO RAMS!!!!
:cheers:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
stan said:
For the money it looks like the Rams were screwed which is nothing new.

the rams are far from screwed. bradford is progressing nicely in his third offense in 3 years and will be so much better next season. man alot of people are impatient.

last year they were whining about how well cam played, what's he doing now? this year it's rg3 and luck. guess what. same thing is gonna happen once d coaches have an offseason to scheme against them.

and then there's this little tidbit

It marks the sixth top 10 defense Bradford and the Rams have faced this season. In comparison, Luck and the Colts have faced one.

and as far as i can tell the redskins have lost the same amount of games as the rams. that's with the rams d failing to create a turnover in 5 games. plus the rams have been screwed a couple of times by the refs.

again, far from screwed.

stan

Rookie
All the excuses aside, for the record MONEY paid looks like a screwing.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
stan said:

what, the 4 year $51m contract? that's $12.75m per year. that's the going rate for an average qb. the big boys are getting $20m per year.

come the end of next season the guarenteed money runs out. we'll see what the rams think of sam then. i'm betting he has a great season next year and the rams not only keep him around but start talking extension.

you can keep wallowing about some billionare's money.

stan

Rookie
kurtfaulk said:
stan said:

what, the 4 year $51m contract? that's $12.75m per year. that's the going rate for an average qb. the big boys are getting $20m per year.

come the end of next season the guarenteed money runs out. we'll see what the rams think of sam then. i'm betting he has a great season next year and the rams not only keep him around but start talking extension.

What I've read is 6 years at $78 million of which $50 million ($24M signing bonus and $26M first year salary) was guaranteed. $50M for dink and dunk (for whatever reasons) that is a screwing. Self inflicted by the Rams to be sure. About that billionaires money he got it and will continue to get more of it from the fans. Fans pay, not Kroenke.

diggity

Rookie
Honestly...
Sam needs players that can make things happen with the ball. No doubt.
But, Sam has also missed many opportunities to make plays. Either by bad decision making and or by simply not making the plays.
RGIII...Ds will figure him out. Haven't yet though. So, I wouldn't jump on the RGIII cart just yet.
Too soon to really worry about Sam. But, he does have to improve in his own play though. Accuracy, throwing the ball away, deciding to run...all parts of being a QB. And, it seems Sam still does have a little trouble at times making those decisions.
J.M.H.O.
GO RAMS!!!!!!

stan

Rookie
diggity said:
Honestly...
Sam needs players that can make things happen with the ball. No doubt.
But, Sam has also missed many opportunities to make plays. Either by bad decision making and or by simply not making the plays.
RGIII...Ds will figure him out. Haven't yet though. So, I wouldn't jump on the RGIII cart just yet.
Too soon to really worry about Sam. But, he does have to improve in his own play though. Accuracy, throwing the ball away, deciding to run...all parts of being a QB. And, it seems Sam still does have a little trouble at times making those decisions.
J.M.H.O.
GO RAMS!!!!!!

I agree.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I don't make the mistake of worrying about how much the Rams spend on a player (especially in the situation of Bradford when the Rams didn't have a rookie cap to spare them), so long as they can field a competitive team. Except for 1 game this season, they have been. All I care about is that the Rams win more games than they lose, or at least make the games close. And that they have a plan to get there.

Btw, most of the money that gets spent is TV money, which indirectly arrives through all consumers that are targeted by advertising. I don't make the distinction between what I've spent and what others have, so long as I can afford it.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
First, the trade was and still is in the Rams best interest (imo)

2nd, yeah it's true that Bob has put up some lofty numbers here, he definitely is a playmaker, but my first paragraph makes all else moot.

Good question but....no

This will be a good debate 3-4 years from now, hoping my answer's the same.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm still getting over drafting Eddie Kennison over Marvin Harrison, so ... yeah. Gimme time.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
stan said:
kurtfaulk said:
stan said:

What I've read is 6 years at $78 million of which $50 million ($24M signing bonus and $26M first year salary) was guaranteed. $50M for dink and dunk (for whatever reasons) that is a screwing. Self inflicted by the Rams to be sure. About that billionaires money he got it and will continue to get more of it from the fans. Fans pay, not Kroenke.

You must have read incorrectly. All that matters is the guarenteed money. 4 years, $51m. Chicken feed for a qb. The last thing the rams are worried about is the money.

The fans don't pay for player salaries, the tv money takes care of that. Whatever the fans pay is just gravy. Not sure why you're so worked up by a salary the rams had no choice but to pay.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Unless he changes his approach, RG3 is going to have a short career. He's already been concussed once and his aggressive running style is not conducive to staying on the field.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
ScotsRam said:
Unless he changes his approach, RG3 is going to have a short career. He's already been concussed once and his aggressive running style is not conducive to staying on the field.

There you go. The NFL is NOT a running QB league,no matter how many times you put one back there. They just don't last more than three effective years before they start to decline. Vick is about done. Newton had an amazing rookie year then came back to earth as the hits and DCs started to take their toll. RGIII will follow the same path if he doesn't change his style of play which is what makes him so good right now. The "prototype NFL QB" came about for a reason, it works. Sam Bradford fits the mold. He will develop into a winner in this league or he too will fade away. He has the rest of this season and next season before the jury will decide it for him, regardless of his supporting cast. By the end of next season, if the Rams are not fully satisfied with Sam's performance, they will use one of those 1st round picks on a QB. That's what my little crystal ball is showing me. :|

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ramhusker said:
ScotsRam said:

There you go. The NFL is NOT a running QB league,no matter how many times you put one back there. They just don't last more than three effective years before they start to decline. Vick is about done. Newton had an amazing rookie year then came back to earth as the hits and DCs started to take their toll. RGIII will follow the same path if he doesn't change his style of play which is what makes him so good right now. The "prototype NFL QB" came about for a reason, it works. Sam Bradford fits the mold. He will develop into a winner in this league or he too will fade away. He has the rest of this season and next season before the jury will decide it for him, regardless of his supporting cast. By the end of next season, if the Rams are not fully satisfied with Sam's performance, they will use one of those 1st round picks on a QB. That's what my little crystal ball is showing me. :|
There's always the chance, (albeit slim) that Newton and Griffin will develop into pocket passers with the ability to get out of trouble when need be. Kinda like Randall Cunningham. But you're right. OC's are now using these QBs as runningbacks by design, and they're just not built to take that kinda punishment - except for Newton of course. He's pretty stout. Point being, that kinda gimmicky play can't last very long and rarely works out in the long-term.

stan

Rookie
I see room to play contrarian here. The rules have been changed to the point that it is easier to be a rushing QB. The shotgun frequently lends itself to exploitation by a rushing QB. So too with the rolling pocket. He's a QB not a RB so the career ending argument is no more so than any QB scrambling at any time. For all those that claim a QB can't rely upon rushing when necessary and have a long and highly productive career.....better review the career of Fran Tarkenton. He was productive rushing throughout his career and at a time when the QB was treated as just another guy by the rules.