I'm Buying Into the Hype (Quick and Britt)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nah, I think it was on Justin Gilbert, Joe Haden didn't play.

Speaking of which, Gilbert was just terribad. I think we got almost all of our big plays on him.

It depends on the 3rd and long. The one to Britt was on Leon McFadden, I believe.

Gilbert was terrible. Got torched by every WR on this roster it seemed. The ball that was poked out of Bailey's hands on the TD was by Gilbert too after Bailey burnt him.

That 3rd and long was on Haden :cool:

Haden didn't play.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It wasn't that long ago that we depended on Danny Amendola for a sure catch....It seemed like almost all of our WR were playing physical and came away with the ball. Before Preseason, I quietly lamented that Bailey, our seemingly best WR on the team was going to be out for 4 games...Now, It seems that Bailey will be fighting for opportunities on the field when he comes back after 4 games..If Bradford or Hill get used to those big targets, Bailey will suffer..Too bad for him, but doesn't affect the Rams as much as I thought his absence would...

FRO

Legend
You watch Quick in college you saw swagger and confidence. We saw a confused downtrodden player Quick's first 2 years. We are now seeing someone who is confident. I'm so excited to watch him really blossom this year and I will more than gladly eat all the crow coming to me if he does. I have been critical of Quick in the past, and for good reason.

As far as Britt, he has been great for our WRs. Who thought Britt would come in here and be a positive leader for the WR group? We were all told how big of a knucklehead he was. Guy has very good talent and he seems motivated.

Limey

Rookie
Why is Pettis still in the picture?.

I've been wondering this as well. I think they kept him as he is pretty reliable at catching the ball, and with his size is a decent red zone target. With the WR troubles we have had in previous seasons, his reliability was valuable. If Quick and Britt are not a mirage, I could see him being cut when Bailey comes back. Givens has generally been disappointing as well, but his speed gives more variety.

FRO

Legend
I've been wondering this as well. I think they kept him as he is pretty reliable at catching the ball, and with his size is a decent red zone target. With the WR troubles we have had in previous seasons, his reliability was valuable. If Quick and Britt are not a mirage, I could see him being cut when Bailey comes back. Givens has generally been disappointing as well, but his speed gives more variety.
Well injuries do happen as we found out tonight and it's good to have depth with Pettis who can play every WR position.

Ramathon

Nah, I think it was on Justin Gilbert, Joe Haden didn't play.

Speaking of which, Gilbert was just terribad. I think we got almost all of our big plays on him.

While that's true, did anyone notice that the darn near ran down Givens on the TD play?

I don't recall any discussion of Gilbert being super fast during the pre-draft hype season.....though I may well have missed it as I wasn't expecting the Rams to take a CB as early as he was projected to go. Is he a burner, or is Givens maybe just not as fast as advertised?

While that's true, did anyone notice that the darn near ran down Givens on the TD play?

I don't recall any discussion of Gilbert being super fast during the pre-draft hype season.....though I may well have missed it as I wasn't expecting the Rams to take a CB as early as he was projected to go. Is he a burner, or is Givens maybe just not as fast as advertised?

He ran a 4.35 40, Tavon Austin ran a 4.34 40 for comparison.

Ramathon

What variety does speed provide if the player has been 'generally disappointing'. If we the fans think he's disappointing, how we can expect opposing teams to be overly concerned about him? I'd MUCH rather keep a reliable, if unspectacular, player.

The trouble with Givens is he's a Tail of Two Seasons. IF you look at just his rookie season, it wouldn't be hard to imagine him being a Pro Bowl caliber player at some point. But if you ignore his rookie year and look ONLY last year, he'd be sitting on one precarious bubble right now.

IMO, way too many Rams' fans are wearing blinders with Givens and only seeing that 1 five game stretch in his rookie season. If you take that streak out of his resume, it's a pretty darn thin resume.

Limey

Rookie
What variety does speed provide if the player has been 'generally disappointing'. .

I guess we got a glimpse of that last night. If they miss a tackle on Pettis, he gets another few yards before he is caught from behind. TBH, I wouldn't be too bothered if they cut Givens, either, and expect them to get another mid round receiver to replace him next year, but for the time being I think he gives the roster more balance than Pettis.

Philly5

Rookie
Agree on Quick and Britt. It seems really odd to have WRs fighting for and winning contested balls. Bradford has proven he can throw into those situations when he has capable WRs.

Ramathon

As far as Britt, he has been great for our WRs. Who thought Britt would come in here and be a positive leader for the WR group? We were all told how big of a knucklehead he was. Guy has very good talent and he seems motivated.

Well, there was the matter of more than a little police blotter evidence to support the idea. And within a month of signing with the Rams a sex tape shows up on his Instagram acct. So, it's not like the reputation wasn't deserved.

NO question about the talent though. And if he's going to pull a Cris Carter (another bona fide knucklehead early in his career), and has put his unseemly past behind him, terrific. More power to him.

I think his 'leadership' of the WR corps is highly overrated thus far. What's that based on...the fact that he comes in chirping at DB's on his own team in practice? I think it's just as likely Quick has just matured and taken his coaching well. And that would have happened with or without Britt.

fancents86

Starter
Givens and Pettis will have their time to show their worth while Bailey is out. I'm a Givens fan and would love to see him make this team and continue what he did his rookie season. givens started hot, and had a sophomore slump. Quick started out disappointing and now is getting hot. To me the verdict is still out for either of them bc they both have had their ups and downs, just in ass backwards order. We'll see though, soon enough.

Robert

Rookie
And people thought we should of drafted Watkins or Evans with our first pick. If these guys play like they did last night during the season Bradford is going to be one happy man.

FRO

Legend
And people thought we should of drafted Watkins or Evans with our first pick. If these guys play like they did last night during the season Bradford is going to be one happy man.
In all fairness to us that wanted Watkins/Evans, Quick showed little to nothing and Britt was coming off of a terrible year with the Titians.

Robert

Rookie
In all fairness to us that wanted Watkins/Evans, Quick showed little to nothing and Britt was coming off of a terrible year with the Titians.
Don't worry I was hoping we took Watkins with our first pick also, but if these guys keep playing like they did last night I will admit it was a smart move to go with Robinson

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Haden didn't play.

Yeah, I just rewatched the game. Could've swore I saw 23 out there last night hmmm. I blame the 900 inch tv I watched it on at the bar last night. Not big enough. Should prob call and complain.

jap

Legend
Yeah, I just rewatched the game. Could've swore I saw 23 out there last night hmmm. I blame the 900 inch tv I watched it on at the bar last night. Not big enough. Should prob call and complain.

Are you sure you shouldn't be blaming the torrential flood of alcohol gushing through your blood vessels?:ROFLMAO:

iced

Haden didn't play, but Gilbert did start and is their other starter

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Are you sure you shouldn't be blaming the torrential flood of alcohol gushing through your blood vessels?:ROFLMAO:

It was only hotwings at the time. I honestly went home after the first quarter because I didn't want to start drinking after Sam went down. Would've probably been hospitalized in a coma and missed the season opener.

Someone sent me Schefters tweet in a text and it was at least enough to stop me from dedicating my night/life to developing the first bionic knee out of materials from my tool bench. My family and friends are probably grateful. Maybe the neighbors too. Btw, does anyone know any surgical sale reps? I need some antibiotic cement, and a robot. Considering the newer model of terminators but the old T-800 would probably work.