I'm Buying Into the Hype (Quick and Britt)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've remained skeptical of it all but I'm starting to buy into the hype here. Yes, the CBs we played today were not the Browns starters. That all said, it wasn't about the CBs as much as it was about the WRs. Quick and Britt were making contested catches on well thrown balls. Quick was getting open and fighting for yardage. And Quick seemed confident. Britt seemed fiery.

The most important thing I saw tonight, and I'll reiterate, they caught the ball well in traffic.

I know it's the preseason but I'm seeing the right signs that those two will carry good play over into the regular season. Bradford seems to trust both. Lets just hope he's healthy. I'm not predicting 1000+ yards and 10+ TDs for both guys but I think they can give us two solid options on the outside. And Quick might just have himself a nice year as he seems to be emerging as a bit of a go to guy for Bradford (although Sam has always preferred to spread the ball).

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Quick, Britt, Austin, Bailey, Pettis & Givens (he showed again what his speed can do w/ a simple screen / short pass) -- I like this WR corps more than anything we've had in recent memory.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I agree! We are finally seeing some game catches from Quick and Britt is looking like he is for real as well.
We just need to worry about Bradford's knee and our secondary.

jjab360

Legend
Me too jrry, Quick looks like a whole new player, and Britt looks like a guy you can throw it up into in almost any situation and he'll just come down with it. That 3rd down conversion he made was crazy, almost Megatron-like.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I hope they carry this into the regular season. I was amazed that Bradford targeted Quick so early and often and trusted him so much. Really impressed with Britt highpointing balls and being more physical than the corners he was up against.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Britt still body catches alot, but I sure hope he can stay healthy this year.

He does at times but he also made that really nice catch high-pointing it in traffic. I think more than anything, he's just done a nice job of helping Quick out.

I don't foresee Britt being amazing or anything. I think there's potential for Quick, though, to be develop into a go to guy.

jjab360

Legend
tempAP648609518515--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

BKBISTRO

UDFA
Hoping Quick, Britt, and Bradford become fantasy-relevant. Any of them could be a nice stash in the 15th round.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I agree.

I think Quick is better but I don't like his hands.
I feel our WR corps has developed rather nicely they all complement each other well. As they get more experience they will hit their ceiling!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Why is Pettis still in the picture?

At this point, I'd rather they go 5 WRs and 5 TEs, especially since they want to go heavy run sets and then potentially send two TEs into pass patterns. It's not like defenses would have an easy time defending both Cook and Kendricks at the same time if they go heavy to defend a 3 TE set...

At this point, it seems it's Pettis or Justice Cunningham. And as much as he drops passes, he blocks like a champ. I think I prefer Cunningham.

RamzFanz

Damnit

At this point, I'd rather they go 5 WRs and 5 TEs, especially since they want to go heavy run sets and then potentially send two TEs into pass patterns. It's not like defenses would have an easy time defending both Cook and Kendricks at the same time if they go heavy to defend a 3 TE set...

At this point, it seems it's Pettis or Justice Cunningham. And as much as he drops passes, he blocks like a champ. I think I prefer Cunningham.

Pettis is the odd man out it seems.

With Quick and Britt emerging, Tavon Austin is in a prime position to just steal games!

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky

Bayer for me.One out of three catches isn't going to cut it for Cunningham. We have Harkey for the heavy work.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I'd rather have Pettis. Bradford loves him in the red-zone, Pettis can play any WR position, and he plays special teams. He may not be special talent but he is a reliable role player.

Cunningham can be put on the practice squad if we want to keep him. IMO, 4 TEs is plenty.

ViperLjs

Rookie
Quick looks like a new player this year; the biggest difference is his consistent physicality. We've seen flashes of it in the past, like when he pushed the 49's DB over to get open in his rookie season, or against Carolina last year. So far I'm seeing it on almost all his routes. He used to get bullied out there, but he is starting to realize he has the size to be the bully.

He has the talent to be a beast.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Britt still body catches alot, but I sure hope he can stay healthy this year.
i agree with you, however, the key word in your sentence is "catches". there's a word rams fans havent used with any regularity in the past few seasons.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I've remained skeptical of it all but I'm starting to buy into the hype here. Yes, the CBs we played today were not the Browns starters. That all said, it wasn't about the CBs as much as it was about the WRs. Quick and Britt were making contested catches on well thrown balls. Quick was getting open and fighting for yardage. And Quick seemed confident. Britt seemed fiery.

The most important thing I saw tonight, and I'll reiterate, they caught the ball well in traffic.

I know it's the preseason but I'm seeing the right signs that those two will carry good play over into the regular season. Bradford seems to trust both. Lets just hope he's healthy. I'm not predicting 1000+ yards and 10+ TDs for both guys but I think they can give us two solid options on the outside. And Quick might just have himself a nice year as he seems to be emerging as a bit of a go to guy for Bradford (although Sam has always preferred to spread the ball).

That 3rd and long was on Haden :cool: