Illegal Contact Penalty Against Gaines

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I'm so sick of offenses getting bailed out on third down and long, many times completely away from the play. Not just against the Rams, but in every game I watch.
The rules suck and the officials suck.
I have definitely considered not watching the NFL anymore, and at some point that could very well happen. The competitive balance between offense and defense has been thrown off and in my mind it is ruining this great game.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
I understand your dislike for Goodell, but you're way off base.

By the way rules changes to benefit the passing game have been going on since the 80's. Most of the rules changes have revolved around two main issues. Player safety and making things easier for the offense.

This might help.......you can see much of what you are unhappy about was in place long before Goodell was on the scene. And still, rules are different than crappy refs. The two are different.

http://www.sportsattic.com/araig/NflRulesHistory.htm
I understand the tide is slowly shifting but dude if you look at the number of flags thrown for those certain types of penalties it's almost doubled in a lot of categories from last year and years prior. they even showed those numbers during the Chiefs game. more flags thrown is gonna statistically mean more blown calls that's just how it goes. but having the same veteran refs year after year and simply saying they're getting worse at their job doesn't make much sense IMO

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
2 offensive pass interference call against the Rams in diferent games have cost them points and or field position that bit the Rams in the ass big time! Not helping the offense be more productive is it? :mad: At the wsame time phantom defensive calls against the Rams have sure help their opponent! Seems discretionary to me! Also a bunch of bs!