I'll take a win that feels like a loss

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
We beat the bucs we beatthe refs and we beat the injuries how is the world loss even mentioned

RamzFanz

Damnit
Dude... what?

Every inch of that game was EARNED and many that were EARNED were taken away by the Refs. That score does not reflect the heart and plays that went into that game.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I could care less... A win is a win, albeit may not have been perfect. So, I'll take 14 more of them thank you!

EDIT: We have a bunch of things we can/will improve on. It's going to get better.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
How did THAT feel like a loss?
because we're suppose to be ground and pound and we couldn't run against a backup D-line. Because we are suppose to have the best front 7 in football that couldn't tackle or stop the run or get the expected sacks. i love the air attack but if THIS is how we are winning games then we're fucked playing against the division.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Probably a better word was it was an ugly win. We earned it....but it wasn't pretty.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
because we're suppose to be ground and pound and we couldn't run against a backup D-line. Because we are suppose to have the best front 7 in football that couldn't tackle or stop the run or get the expected sacks. i love the air attack but if THIS is how we are winning games then we're fucked playing against the division.
Baby steps. Just because we drafted Donald and signed Williams doesn't mean everything the media said was prophecy. Some of us questioned the excessive pumping up of this defense before the season started and knew there were about 20 guys who were learning a new defense while plugging in a rookie DT. Take the win and look at is something to build on.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
It's good to win but we didn't look as strong as we should against a banged up bucs team. Heck weren't they missing most of their d-line starters?

I would have preferred a bit more convincing win but I'll take it. Good team effort to help out our starting qb in his first game.

P.S. - quick is looking good.

We didn't look stronger than anybody last week. This is a good win, we had to prove we cold do anything, let alone that we'd be handling anyone.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Baby steps. Just because we drafted Donald and signed Williams doesn't mean everything the media said was prophecy. Some of us questioned the excessive pumping up of this defense before the season started and knew there were about 20 guys who were learning a new defense while plugging in a rookie DT. Take the win and look at is something to build on.
im more concerned about the offensive line tho. they got that much pressure and run stop with backups

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
How did THAT feel like a loss?
Because we still did dumb things, 2 horsecollars and a rule for a 10-second runoff . . .just saying we were not sharp against a pretty weak team, gave up like 130 yards to that back. That's all.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
im more concerned about the offensive line tho. they got that much pressure and run stop with backups
Better than last week. I agree there's some stuff to work on, but at this point all I'm looking for is steady improvement.
The rest will take care of itself.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Our dline needs to be better and stop the run. When we get run over it pisses me off. Man, people are sensitive today.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
You expected universal agreement to that OP?

C'mon...
I didn't expect universal agreement. I didn't expect the . . . what's the word . . . the complaints. There happen to be games where we lose and it felt like a win because things were accomplished against a vastly superior team, etc and there are times when we should have simply done better. As well as the QB played, and as many people as they had out, we should have been better. I don't even think it's debateable. When we have the talent we have on the front 7 to let that back get 130 yards? To let that QB run for 2 TDS? To rush 3 and let a ball be caught in FG range with 10 seconds left?

Sorry, I take the win, but the dline needs to stop reading their press clippings.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Can we change the title to "A win that feels like a shitty blowjob?"