If we lose does Goff start the next week?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Will Goff start the week directly after a loss?

• Yes

Votes: 21 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 24 45.3%
  • In Keenum we trust STFU

Votes: 8 15.1%

• Total voters

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Really hard to say like others have pointed out a loss doesn't mean Keenum was bad and a win doesn't mean Keenum was good. Trying to guess what Fisher is going to do will only drive you to either drink even more than you already do or you'll end up getting one of those nice white jackets and a cool padded room.

my jacket has BUTTONS!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't believe I have to put this here... Winning is never irrelevant....it's the POINT...

PTWTG.png

If we finish last in ever offensive category and go 12-4 and make a deep playoff run or better still win the Super Bowl, I'll take that. If that's how it goes...I'll take it.

If this Rams team lifts the Lombardi having had the worst offense of the Super Bowl era...I'll take that.

It's not my preference as anyone who's read anything I've posted over the last 6+ months can attest, but winning has to be the ONLY consideration. Why? Because tomorrow is promised to no one.

Ask any team that "built for tomorrow" only to have a spate of injuries and see that window slammed shut before it ever got opened. I get that we need to invest in the future. That said, any player on the field has to be able to WIN on the field or they shouldn't BE on the field. And not for tomorrow, next month or next year...NOW.

Can't believe I might be agreeing with Fisher on this... /shudder

You're misunderstanding my comment. Goff should play when he's our best option. Doesn't matter what our record is. Doesn't matter what sort of winning streak or losing streak we're on. We should not sit Goff when he's our best option because we're winning with Keenum. Nor should we play Goff when he's not our best option because we're losing with Keenum. Whether we're winning or losing should be immaterial to the determination of whether or not Goff is our best option at QB.

That's what I'm saying. Not that it's irrelevant whether we win or lose.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Doesn't matter what our record is. Doesn't matter what sort of winning streak or losing streak we're on. We should not sit Goff when he's our best option because we're winning with Keenum.
You're right. And I don't think Fisher will be hesitant to start Goff -- regardless of the situation.
If he's demonstrating that he can take over, he'll be taking over.
OTOH, if Keenum blows the doors off of Buffalo, it'll be tough to sell the idea that Goff is the better option.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
You're misunderstanding my comment. Goff should play when he's our best option. Doesn't matter what our record is. Doesn't matter what sort of winning streak or losing streak we're on. We should not sit Goff when he's our best option because we're winning with Keenum. Nor should we play Goff when he's not our best option because we're losing with Keenum. Whether we're winning or losing should be immaterial to the determination of whether or not Goff is our best option at QB.

That's what I'm saying. Not that it's irrelevant whether we win or lose.

well maybe I was parsing you too finely. You initially said "when Goff is ready". I didn't read that meant a better option than Keenum. It *could* mean that. It could also mean that he's ready to play as a rookie, struggle as a rookie and take his rookie lumps in a real learn OJT type way.

If you meant "when Goff is the best option", well then I agree with you. You put the best 11 guys on the field because you play to win and if that means a QB with a 6 game winning streak gets sat because the next guy up is a better option...then...okay.

But...the next guy up HAS to be a better option.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
well maybe I was parsing you too finely. You initially said "when Goff is ready". I didn't read that meant a better option than Keenum. It *could* mean that. It could also mean that he's ready to play as a rookie, struggle as a rookie and take his rookie lumps in a real learn OJT type way.

If you meant "when Goff is the best option", well then I agree with you. You put the best 11 guys on the field because you play to win and if that means a QB with a 6 game winning streak gets sat because the next guy up is a better option...then...okay.

But...the next guy up HAS to be a better option.

When Goff is ready, he's the best option imo.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When Goff is ready, he's the best option imo.
I'm afraid the only way we see Goff starting, is if Keenum gets knocked out in the near term.