If the Rams’ D is going to improve significantly this year, it will be because…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

If the D improves, it will be because…

• Players will be more acclimated to Morris’ scheme.

Votes: 41 50.0%
  • First and second year players improve as they get more playing time.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Struggling players are replaced with reserves.

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • The Rams make a significant trade.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • It’s already as good as it will get.

Votes: 6 7.3%

• Total voters

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yeah, need another option for scheme adjustment. It's the scheme you sillies...

Rams43

Hall of Fame
— Respects Rams43

Just listened to Morris & Jalen RAMsey interviews.I respect them more than yourself. I like what they stand for!!

In RAMsey & Jordan Fuller in God they Trust.I like how Jalen talks about playing for each other & looks forward to the challenge.He says he knows if it was him instead of D. Williams he’d(team)be playing for him.

DD21 is great.Dude is small,but is just a pure 1 on 1 CB. He is small & can be over matched.I don’t know how much (closet)you have followed The Rams.
I know Rams43 you have passion for this team. I’m just bring up Jamarcus Joyner as an example to what I see from DD21. I think size is what I’m talking about. Joyner was a excellent Nickle CB,but he was to small.He was tough as nails & had that SS body.

I got off track,but T. Burgees was a guy that Morris brought up.If that is the case then this might give The Rams a bigger advantage in different looks for the offense to have to read?

Morris also said it would just one player to fill in for Williams.They also talked about D. Long getting another chance. I go back to DD21 just from when Williams got hurt & Scott was there.It was an ankle(RT?). DD21 is just a natural CB.I can’t say that enough,because of his comfort & confidence I look forward to him getting beat or making plays?
Your post here is confusing as hell as it wanders everywhere but on responding to Bonifay’s (and my own) suggestions to enable Morris to improve his current D.

Focus, man.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
The Rams defense is a disputed subject 5 games into the 2021 season.

I expected them to be playing better but imo, their next 4 games will tell us a lot more than their current stats indicate.

The loss of starting OLB Justin Hollins for 8-10 weeks and now starting cornerback Darious Williams for 3-4 weeks will tell us a lot more about how good some of us believed their depth is.

Hollins and Williams need to be on the field in the playoffs or this team could be one and done assuming they make the postseason like we all believe.

OIP.R7qViWMcdMOxOCABfOsIaAHSD6

usa_today_15022279.0.jpg

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
The Rams defense is a disputed subject 5 games into the 2021 season.

I expected them to be playing better but imo, their next 4 games will tell us a lot more than their current stats indicate.

The loss of starting OLB Justin Hollins for 8-10 weeks and now starting cornerback Darious Williams for 3-4 weeks will tell us a lot more about how good some of us believed their depth is.

Hollins and Williams need to be on the field in the playoffs or this team could be one and done assuming they make the postseason like we all believe.

OIP.R7qViWMcdMOxOCABfOsIaAHSD6

usa_today_15022279.0.jpg

If there's a bright side it's that it'll give TLew some reps--and we'll find out what he's going to do in this league, which is exciting. Maybe Rochelle or Burgess will show us something too.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Honestly, I think that award goes to this entire thread - but carry on.
You're right. I thought this thread offered a topic of interest, an array of poll options to stir discussion, and an intriguing vote.

Thank you for coming in and clarifying that this entire discussion is pointless.

Next, you'll tell us that the Rams will win tomorrow if they score more points than the Giants, so any additional analysis is unnecessary.

:eyeroll::eyeroll::eyeroll:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
You're right. I thought this thread offered a topic of interest, an array of poll options to stir discussion, and an intriguing vote.

Thank you for coming in and clarifying that this entire discussion is pointless.

Next, you'll tell us that the Rams will win tomorrow if they score more points than the Giants, so any additional analysis is unnecessary.

Zzz Ok GIF by Jim Gaffigan

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Chill. It was a JOKE! But you're right about who will win tomorrow.
:cool:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Your post here is confusing as hell as it wanders everywhere but on responding to Bonifay’s (and my own) suggestions to enable Morris to improve his current D.

Focus, man.

YOU GUYS R F”D up complaining about The Rams DEFENSE & Raheem
Morris.

The Rams players & coaches respect
DD21. He has the Nickname DD for a reason.

Yeah - I enable Raheem Morris.Great you can continue to be a HATER!!

I’ll continue to enjoy The Rams winning ways. Good day man

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If there's a bright side it's that it'll give TLew some reps--and we'll find out what he's going to do in this league, which is exciting. Maybe Rochelle or Burgess will show us something too.

It’s DD21 instead of Burgees.If you went to training camp & saw when D. Williams sprained his ankle then you’d know DD21 is a capable CB.
He is playing RR31 is the better outside CB.DD21 is a cover CB though.He is good man on man.His size limits him.This just shows The Rams depth.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Well I’ll say rookies & 2nd year players will improve. No brainer.

Then of course this defense will continue to thrive under Raheem Morris.There an above average defense.Should finish in The Top 10

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Focus, man.

Once again that’s fine keep being a Hater. I listen to the coaches and players interviews.It helps give a good perspective.
Yes- My post can be very confusing.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Just think some of the changes just recently being made is the use of a very short under 6-1 315 pound NT lining up @ the old DE Brockers post. While it's true that Aaron Donald & SJ-D do help out in this DE post from time to time Greg Grimes normally takes his snap there. I find it odd but it sure worked very well last week again the Giants.

The DL who has lost snaps is the D'Shawn Jackson to DL Jonah Williams & DL Mike Hoecht. I am having problems trying to figure out what this once RB is best at. Just seems funny seeing Jackson sitting all by himself on the bench when a bunch of no-names UDFA'a takes his snaps. But for whatever reason those two nonames Hoecht & Williams sure improve the play of the 3 starters (Donald/SJ-D & Grimes) which in turn makes them very happy.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Just think some of the changes just recently being made is the use of a very short under 6-1 315 pound NT lining up @ the old DE Brockers post. While it's true that Aaron Donald & SJ-D do help out in this DE post from time to time Greg Grimes normally takes his snap there. I find it odd but it sure worked very well last week again the Giants.

The DL who has lost snaps is the D'Shawn Jackson to DL Jonah Williams & DL Mike Hoecht. I am having problems trying to figure out what this once RB is best at. Just seems funny seeing Jackson sitting all by himself on the bench when a bunch of no-names UDFA'a takes his snaps. But for whatever reason those two nonames Hoecht & Williams sure improve the play of the 3 starters (Donald/SJ-D & Grimes) which in turn makes them very happy.
Ashawn Robinson?

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
I picked the top option. Big shocker. But it's also plugging in players that work best in the scheme. Rapp is an example we witnessed.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Deayon playing well was quite the gift last week. Some of our probs have been our corners and not just Long. Williams also has not been his 2020 self.

Not sure how long it will take for Rochell to settle in but if he can then we may be looking at corner being a team strength when Williams returns.

Also it would not surprise me if the Rams had eyes on a safety for the deadline. And/or maybe they are thinking of trading Rapp or Burgess. I know Rapp just had a breakout game but he still is best in a scheme that lets him play a classic box role. And Burgess undoubtedly will have teams that liked him coming out.