If the light went on for Samson Ebukam...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That could be huge for this defense. He looked different Monday night then he has all year. I hope something clicked, and we get to see more of that as the year goes on.

He was getting a lot of pressure last night, and it was like he was all over the field. Forget the Scoop and score and the Pick-6, he caused the MP Interception, and almost sacked Mahomes on the final interception.

Now if he and Fowler and start getting consistent pressure from the edge, and Talib can come back healthy, I think our defense looks quite a bit different, come playoff time.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
That could be huge for this defense. He looked different Monday night then he has all year. I hope something clicked, and we get to see more of that as the year goes on.

He was getting a lot of pressure last night, and it was like he was all over the field. Forget the Scoop and score and the Pick-6, he caused the MP Interception, and almost sacked Mahomes on the final interception.

Now if he and Fowler and start getting consistent pressure from the edge, and Talib can come back healthy, I think our defense looks quite a bit different, come playoff time.

Chiefs were doubling Fowler some of the time I think. That would have helped but what you say rings true. Teams are going to have to pick their poison. AD and Suh up the middle or Fowler and Ebukam from the edge.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i wanna see more of the same .. im not gonna crown him LT after one game .. not matter how impressive

but in saying that he was a BEAST against KC

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

I think prior to last night, Ebukam was getting chipped and doubled as was whomever was the outside rush LB.

However, Fowler got doubled seemingly almost as much as AD which freed up Ebukam to make that next step.

Honestly, I think with Ebu and Fowler, we may be more set than we realize on the outside and that doesn't take into account Obo and Lawler.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think prior to last night, Ebukam was getting chipped and doubled as was whomever was the outside rush LB.

However, Fowler got doubled seemingly almost as much as AD which freed up Ebukam to make that next step.

Honestly, I think with Ebu and Fowler, we may be more set than we realize on the outside and that doesn't take into account Obo and Lawler.

You are probably right. I have a hard time watching anybody other than AD on the DL. He is just fascinating to watch, and I can't force my eyes anywhere else.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame

In all fairness to Ebukam, he's been 'almost there' in several games, what's changed now is you have an even bigger threat in Fowler Jr on the other side, which is giving him half a second or so to get at the QB

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In all fairness to Ebukam, he's been 'almost there' in several games, what's changed now is you have an even bigger threat in Fowler Jr on the other side, which is giving him half a second or so to get at the QB
Yep. I didn’t see Ebukam do anything I haven’t been seeing from him all year it’s just that now he’s not the only consistent threat coming off the edge. And the Chiefs takes a lot of shots downfield unlike the saints unlike the Seahawks so he was able to actually get home in this game which is definitely going to be the norm instead of an outlier

dang

Legend
I like Littleton but we need someone to step in as a run stuffing ILB. Wilson and Barron aren’t getting that done. Can Kiser do that? Anyone have Navarro Bowman on speed dial?

fearsomefour

Legend
Don't know if the light came on or if he was mostly lucky but he had one of the most impactful....in terms of big impact plays....defensive games I've ever seen.
3 tackles, 1 sack, 1 Int, 1 recovered fumble, forced another pick by hitting Mahommes as he threw the ball and on Mahomes last pick it was again Samson that forced him to run out of the pocket......oh, and 2 TDs.
He certainly can't do that week in and week out, no one can, but, just having a solid play maker on the other side changes a lot of things potentially.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Ebomb has always been very close to making plays like monday night, but the q.b. releases the ball before he can get there. There have been plenty of times where if the q.b had the ball for one more second, he would have gotten the sack. The chiefs didn't plan for him and he had a feast.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Was Sampson going up against Mitchell Schwartz and Kelse? I was reading, the prior week against the Cardinals, Schwartz didn't allow even one QB pressure! If Sampson E took this guy to school, that's really impressive. If I've got the wrong position player, thanks in advance.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
His performance reminded me of Mack's first game with the Bears against GB earlier this year.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
If he keeps this up he will be the steal of that draft and will end up being allpro.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Fisher is a mediocre LT, so it's important not to read too much into it. Chiefs' OL as a whole is really their weakness tbh, what with injury factored in.

Going forward Ebu still might have taken a step though. I think the competition of the Rams bringing in Fowler helped him play with a little more desperation/intensity, and that serves his game very well. He's still raw on technique and his lateral speed is iffy, but if he keeps working maybe he'll be something in this league.

IMO we are going to see sack percentage per snap increase after the bye, though. Talib's return is going to make a difference in QBs holding the ball that extra amount of time.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
To be fair every play he made this Monday night he had a TE blocking him on an island. He should and did win those matchups. There were a couple more plays where he blew up the chiefs LT but didn't quite get home to the QB. But that's what separates the elite from the many. I'm not picking on Samson but the guy is an average player that had a great night. Until he proves he can do it week in week out he's going to be a rotational player

Ram65

Legend

I'm not sure how often they rush at the same time. Rams seem to be rushing only 4. Some times it's hard to tell who is rushing. Fowler was in coverage a lot or it seemed that way. Ebu has been close in many games. Hope he is getting a little better each game.

JRobinson

MiLB
To be fair every play he made this Monday night he had a TE blocking him on an island. He should and did win those matchups. There were a couple more plays where he blew up the chiefs LT but didn't quite get home to the QB. But that's what separates the elite from the many. I'm not picking on Samson but the guy is an average player that had a great night. Until he proves he can do it week in week out he's going to be a rotational player

He may indeed be an “average player” as most NFL players are indeed average. But he’s far from a rotational player as he’s been the starter every week; check out his snap counts. He would start on most if not all teams, even as an “average player”. Yes, he beat TEs as you mentioned he should, and did. He has been solid this season, and he will only progress hopefully as he continues to gain experience.

I know you’re not picking on Samson, but to state that he’s a rotational player when he’s actually the starter is an off point as he’s currently at 73.15% which is currently 7th on our defense.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
I like Littleton but we need someone to step in as a run stuffing ILB. Wilson and Barron aren’t getting that done. Can Kiser do that? Anyone have Navarro Bowman on speed dial?

Littleton is fantastic as expected, but Barron--one of my fav Rams--has clearly lost a step. I keep thinking about how good Hager looked earlier this year.

Hram

UDFA
If Ebukam can continue to consistently beat up on TEs even close to how he did on Friday, then Suh is going to see far fewer double teams (teams have to double Donald a lot).

That would be huge.