If Rams win last four games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought we would win against Perkins I think right? Now I’m nervous against Mayfield. I mean I think you guys could beat us.
Well I think that’s what makes the NFL great. Who knows?! We are still learning what Mayfield brings.

You guys have Rodgers. I assume you have a much healthier O line at GB.

We are playing at GB so that ought to benefit your team.

Looking forward to it now! Cheers. May the best team win!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Don't wish to hijack the thread, but it seems to me like many of us are old-timers. I believe there are a few middle age posters and also some young ones, but it seems like the majority of us are old-time fans. I wonder why that is? Someone should do a poll and see how old we all are... just curious.

Now back to our regularly-scheduled programming.
The younger ones are busy tweeting about what they had for breakfast and watching reality TV.

dang

Legend
I am not sure why they couldn't figure Wolford out before now and Perkins for that matter.

None of us are Haters of Morris or hate rooting for the D's success. That is just fucked up bull shit. We don't like something we see. Would like to see something different, but when it works anyway we love it. I am getting tired of these characterizations of people's opinions and views.
Agree on Wolford. Probably a perfect PS QB to help prep for games but no one you want to legitimately run the offense during a real game. I like Perkins as a weapon but not sure he should hold a roster spot as a QB. return kickoffs? Run the wildcat?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I am not sure why they couldn't figure Wolford out before now and Perkins for that matter.

None of us are Haters of Morris or hate rooting for the D's success. That is just fucked up bull shit. We don't like something we see. Would like to see something different, but when it works anyway we love it. I am getting tired of these characterizations of people's opinions and views.

Yeah - OK SURE!!! Don’t know how that can be said when Haters Hated his hiring & ALWAYS wanted him fired.

I’ll give you the rest of it about Rams succeeding.I say I’ve been disappointed in the Lossing to the Hags & Buc’s

About Wolford & Perkins is 2 fold for each player. Wolford knows the offense & is Excellent in the QB room. He runs the offense well in practice.Why The Rams continue to sign players that are injury prone though & all they do is underperform
& or get hurt.

Perkins had the it factor you never know about for sure.Here we are Trusting in Stafford’s health. Last season there were a couple times I thought The Rams were done.

A SuperBowl later here we are.I guess The Real Question is how do you feel if Sean Mcvay brings Raheem Morris back & other posters as well?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Your last point is the most important. Guys have been in position to make those plays but nobody was home at QB.
I think McVay gets too locked into ideas or schemes or players and needs a little push sometimes to see the forest for the trees.

Well - That maybe so true? Whatever it has been with Sean Mcvay I don’t know because there is so much there from after winning it all.
It was a contract year & the fact he was offered so much money to leave the team & getting married.Getting a late start & not having coaches a The Combine. Those are all new just from the start of the season.

Funny looking at last week Lossing to the Hags & seeing Jimmy G go down. The 9ers winning with the last player in the draft.(don’t know if NP Beach is still a thing,remember Vorba(LBer Idaho) Just thinking WTF & thinking about where The Rams are at QB w/ maybe Stafford rumors of retiring. Then to have. Mayfield come in was GREAT!!

I only say Baker Mayfield was a Great move because of where The Rams are as a team. No ENERGY & going into games beat!!

The EXCITEMENT was going in just how good Baker is at throwing the Football. Just thinking Matthew Stafford didn’t throw much during OTA’s & training camp.

Now The Rams have extra arms with a guy who can swing it.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The NFC East wild card candidates (Washington, Giants, etc) are have unusually good records this year and we need them and the remaining NFC West to lose out (if I remember correctly.)
Washington plays the Giants one more time so they both cant lose out.
I think if Seattle wins against Carolina, the Rams would be mathematically eliminated

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
If Baker continues to play well... And we win a few.. it'll be hard not to look back and think if we had him or a backup like him when Stafford went down that we'd be in the hunt.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Even though the Rams have a 1% chance technically, if you look at the Rams, Seattle, NYG and Washington's schedule I believe the Rams have a shot it would be the biggest threading the needle of all time in the NFL.

What needs to happen:

Rams need to win out.

Seattle needs to lose out the only questionable games is this weekend against Carolina and Indy later on.

Then either GMen or Wash have to lose out both face daunting schedules.

Then several other teams can only win 2 more games which seems the most feasible - NO, ATL, GB but we would need to beat GB anyway we already beat ATL not sure 5hey are good enough and NO is a mess.

Truthfully it would be the biggest luck of the McVay/Malibu Irish to get there. Like they say take it one week at a time.

The saddest part we should have one Seattle and TB minimumly
and I would say based on the 4 or 5 games left we should be in the driver seat.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
How is there no Jim Mora playoff meme yet.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Teams who limp into the playoffs usually are one and done, especially when you have O line problems.

I am hoping our draft position is favorable where some OL and Edge players are within reach.

We brought home some hardware last season. Let's re-load and go for another title.
This is where I'm at. Will be almost grateful when we get eliminated.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Yeah - OK SURE!!! Don’t know how that can be said when Haters Hated his hiring & ALWAYS wanted him fired.

I’ll give you the rest of it about Rams succeeding.I say I’ve been disappointed in the Lossing to the Hags & Buc’s

About Wolford & Perkins is 2 fold for each player. Wolford knows the offense & is Excellent in the QB room. He runs the offense well in practice.Why The Rams continue to sign players that are injury prone though & all they do is underperform
& or get hurt.

Perkins had the it factor you never know about for sure.Here we are Trusting in Stafford’s health. Last season there were a couple times I thought The Rams were done.

A SuperBowl later here we are.I guess The Real Question is how do you feel if Sean Mcvay brings Raheem Morris back & other posters as well?
I prefer a mostly agressive D. He uses it a smaller percentage than I like. I will bitch like any other fan when he gives up long drives to lose games using that bend but don't break, prevent shit D, which he will. I will celebrate when he doesn't, but always worry about the next time with him. In other words, nothing will change. Not liking something doesn't make us haters. I do hate the labels that get thrown around. They only discribe the fringe but are used to diminish all that disagree or those you can't understand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
If the Rams win their last 4 gms with this patched together 2022 offense with B17 as its leader?

B17 will be the Rams future starting QB!

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
If the Rams win their last 4 gms with this patched together 2022 offense with B17 as its leader?

B17 will be the Rams future starting QB!
So if that happens what do we do with Matt Stafford considering that he just signed a long term contract with a lot of guaranteed dough?

~ArkyRamsFan~

nighttrain

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So if that happens what do we do with Matt Stafford considering that he just signed a long term contract with a lot of guaranteed dough?

~ArkyRamsFan~
His wife wants him to retire and they do not need the money.
train

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
His wife wants him to retire and they do not need the money.
train
IMO... this is the most important factor in deciding Baker Mayfield's future with the Rams. At some point, Stafford and the Rams have to sit down and discuss Stafford's future plans. If he wants to play less than 2 more years, it might make sense to give Mayfield a multi-year deal. Otherwise, hello comp pick. But let's see how this plays out... 4 more games to go before the Rams have to even think about signing Mayfield.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I prefer a mostly agressive D. He uses it a smaller percentage than I like. I will bitch like any other fan when he gives up long drives to lose games using that bend but don't break, prevent shit D, which he will. I will celebrate when he doesn't, but always worry about the next time with him. In other words, nothing will change. Not liking something doesn't make us haters. I do hate the labels that get thrown around. They only discribe the fringe but are used to diminish all that disagree or those you can't understand.

Well - it got so polluted in here that it became a thing.

Some calling for his head from the being was some serious BS.So don’t think it didn’t happen because of how you view things.

I’m with you on winning & vent,but at the end of the day Raheem Morris is a HECK of a Football Coach. Players LOVE him
and The Vets are playing hard for him. ANYONE who — it doesn’t matter. -I’ll call it the way I see.

Look forward to these next few games to finish the season.I’ll also wait & see how things play out.Hard call of Raheem Morris future. Won’t play the What-IF-Game,and enjoy him as a Rams coach. Plus CHEER for him no matter what. He is a class act.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

~ArkyRamsFan~
Good Evening ArkyRamsFan .....good question & I won't pretend to know the answer.

What I do know is the 2023 & beyond team needs a healthy QB.

Before this 2022 season began there was so much discussion on the throwing arm health of our 34 yr old #9. That made McVay keep #9 from performing what every other QB in the NFL was doing with their teams in Training Camp ....practicing.

You can judge for yourself just how well that worked out early for this 2022 offense. I am sure opinions are all over the map but no cloaking what happened. Then the injuries that placed the highly expensive 34 yr old $160 million on IR after 9 gms., leaving the Rams with deplorable QB options in Wolford, Perkins & Case Cookus.....none of it is close to positive.

Going into the 2023 offseason with the BIG UNKNOWN yoked on this descending dismal losing team is a really bad idea. Every Ram player asking themselves who will be the QB/leader this upcoming season.

No one has any idea of how well the spinal cord contusions injury #2 of a 35 yr old QB will heal or not. The 3 mentioned will never fill that order, but B17 can. Sign him up ASAP. That would fix that unknown QB question fast.

Fixing how to deal with the $130,000,000 million guaranteed ......I can not answer that. But if I had to guess no matter what happens it will hinder this team from having winning seasons for awhile.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I really do not expect playoffs this year. We're not eliminated but its as close to a done deal as it gets. What I want is a strong finish and regaining their swag. Get that energy going for next year. I want them to take this season personally and come out next September with that hunger they had last year.

I honestly don't expect Stafford to retire. If he comes back I don't see Baker taking a backup role with them next year. But if by chance Stafford does retire I hope he doesn't drag it on. They will need to focus on who the next quarterback will be. Whatever happens I do think they need to focus on the backup QB. Wolford and Perkins won't win you many games if any.