If Pead Isn't Active

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
With all three other RB's listed as questionable, I have no faith his attitude has or will improve adequately and IMO there is no hope. That's a permanent dog house he's gotten himself into and Fisher may as well cut him.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Pead is probably the biggest 2nd round RB bust in the last 10 years. Just a flat-out bad job by Snead on that pick.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Ya know, I remember stating that was the only pick I wasn't sure about in that draft. Of course I talked myself into it. His talent level is worth a second rounder but the guy is one mental breakdown after another. He doesn't give a bad interview!!! The draft truly is a crapshoot... :(

You just don't know what crap u caught til later on...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Bad job by Snead, or bad job by Pead? Because Snead can't predict transitioning problems or mental fortitude. No GM can do that.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I understand him being in the doghouse, I don't understand keeping him there. Use him or cut him. If they're paying him, put him to work doing something!

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I understand him being in the doghouse, I don't understand keeping him there. Use him or cut him. If they're paying him, put him to work doing something!

Yeah I ALMOST said it in the first post ,but at some point it's ,"yeah we're gonna pay you for the whole season cuz the CBA sez we have to,but you ain't playin' anywhere this year ,you want out ? fine, but we're gonna MAKE you have to make a team in training camp NOT walk into a desperate situation for someone who will just look the other way and let you play!"

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Maybe he's in counselling?

685c68fde3.gif

It's been kind of "odd" that nobody in the media is asking about this. It's like Pead has fallen off the face of the earth or something.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, one can surmise that if we see Chase Reynolds before Mr. Pead, we might never see Pead again until he's playing next year in Cleveland.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Between Pead and Mardy Gilyard, I think a good rule of thumb going forward is to lay off drafting Cincinnati Bearcats until the 7th Round, if not altogether.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah I ALMOST said it in the first post ,but at some point it's ,"yeah we're gonna pay you for the whole season cuz the CBA sez we have to,but you ain't playin' anywhere this year ,you want out ? fine, but we're gonna MAKE you have to make a team in training camp NOT walk into a desperate situation for someone who will just look the other way and let you play!"
Highly doubtful.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Highly doubtful.
Yeah I would agree it sounds vindictive and not consistent with what you'd want the thing to be , but Fisher is a guy who will make examples of people, WHEN was the last time you saw an NFL coach have guys running bleachers in a visiting stadium other than Fish?
FWIW Fisher could have at this time decided to USE Pead as what he sees him a GREAT BAD EXAMPLE.

Doubtful ? K
Highly Doubtful? Not to me

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I guess my thing is not knowing how much of a douche he's been and thinking he could be of use to the team!

iced

Feels like people tend to forget you develop both the person and the talent...

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Feels like people tend to forget you develop both the person and the talent...

In grade school, high school, college where sports purpose IS that sure, but by the time these guys are drafted they are so thoroughly WHO THEY ARE that although it's worth a warm fuzzy to try, sooner or later it comes down to their job or yours and to "forget" that is foolish and the acronym will quickly apply.
N...........not
F...........for
L...........laughs,er sumthin like dat

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I would still rather see Pead in there than Cunningham again. Even Richardson has shown that he is somewhat one dimensional, you have to give him stretch plays and sweeps to the outside. Pead is probably the most talented, and i think if called upon and with a job well done, he can be rerouted down a different path....That said, the dude has yet to show a single damn thing, so much talent, gone to waste.

iced

In grade school, high school, college where sports purpose IS that sure, but by the time these guys are drafted they are so thoroughly WHO THEY ARE that although it's worth a warm fuzzy to try, sooner or later it comes down to their job or yours and to "forget" that is foolish and the acronym will quickly apply.
N...........not
F...........for
L...........laughs,er sumthin like dat

And I still will say that the military is way worse than sports, but you still have to develop your younger troops, just the same as the nfl world with kids fresh out of college..and sometimes that can be in a even more crucial situation. But they're both the same - the problem is people forget these are still kids. some people take longer, some people are quick. But talent has always over rided everything in the NFL.

If Pead were a locker room cancer, on drugs, falling asleep in meetings, or having an apathetic attitude, I'd be with you - but that's not the problem with him. Some people need a little extra tutelage.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
And I still will say that the military is way worse than sports, but you still have to develop your younger troops, just the same as the nfl world with kids fresh out of college..and sometimes that can be in a even more crucial situation. But they're both the same - the problem is people forget these are still kids. some people take longer, some people are quick. But talent has always over rided everything in the NFL.

If Pead were a locker room cancer, on drugs, falling asleep in meetings, or having an apathetic attitude, I'd be with you - but that's not the problem with him. Some people need a little extra tutelage.
Well we KNOW he was "on drugs" , has had attitude problems , so it's "and" not EVEN "or"