If Miami cuts Robert Quinn, do we bring him back?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Do we bring back Quinn?

• Yes

Votes: 23 27.4%
  • No

Votes: 61 72.6%

• Total voters

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
For the minimum ? Sure
Other than that i say no . I love Quinn and he was here for the rough times but he wouldn't help the team.

He didn't set the edge against the run and we would be moving backwards instead of improving .

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
It's a business. Quinn doesn't strike me as a guy who is unaware of that.

That's interesting. I didn't see those comments.
Lots of things are business... For the people winning with the moves they make. The people getting the shaft (like being treated to the dolphins while you're old team makes the super bowl) tend to feel less business-y about it. That's why "it's just business" is a classic and stereotypical villain line in movies and whatnot.

I'm not saying I have any specific insight that leads me to that belief, that's just the way I view people. I wouldn't expect him to remain all sunshine and roses about the whole thing.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lots of things are business... For the people winning with the moves they make. The people getting the shaft (like being treated to the dolphins while you're old team makes the super bowl) tend to feel less business-y about it. That's why "it's just business" is a classic and stereotypical villain line in movies and whatnot.

I'm not saying I have any specific insight that leads me to that belief, that's just the way I view people. I wouldn't expect him to remain all sunshine and roses about the whole thing.

We let Ike Bruce, Torry Holt, Kurt Warner, Chris Long, etc. go. I've never gotten the feeling that any held a grudge for too long. I don't see Quinn holding a grudge. I'm sure he wasn't happy right after it was announced, but given a year, I doubt he's still upset by it. The vast majority of these guys understand the game.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, he wouldn’t have to sign then. I *might* be able to understand the logic if he were traded, having no say... but in this hypothetical, he would be choosing to play for the Rams

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I think it should be responsibly explored as an option.

As a fan i'd be lukewarm on Quinn at this point even as a sit pass rusher.

You mean sit like this???

hahaha

1200px-Chris_Johnson_sitting_on_his_helmet.jpg

Vapor

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Vapor
no thanks, we have his abilities (at this point in his career) on the roster now imho.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
We let Ike Bruce, Torry Holt, Kurt Warner, Chris Long, etc. go. I've never gotten the feeling that any held a grudge for too long. I don't see Quinn holding a grudge. I'm sure he wasn't happy right after it was announced, but given a year, I doubt he's still upset by it. The vast majority of these guys understand the game.

I'd be fine with Quinn as a cheap situational rusher. You got me thinking, what about Chris Long on a cheap 1-2 year deal? I really didn't like his production value on his 2nd deal with the Rams, but he provides good value for a 3-5M pass rusher and he's ok vs the run.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd be fine with Quinn as a cheap situational rusher. You got me thinking, what about Chris Long on a cheap 1-2 year deal? I really didn't like his production value on his 2nd deal with the Rams, but he provides good value for a 3-5M pass rusher and he's ok vs the run.
I don’t think Philly is going to cut him. IIRC he’s on a pretty cheap deal

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
His inability to set the edge cost us big gainers when he started in Wade's system. Maybe it was scheme, maybe he was directed to just pin his ears back & try to bend the edge on every play. Whatever happened, it didn't work for us or him. Not sure he'd even duplicate his Miami numbers here, unless we use him like we did Fowler. So, for me I guess it's no.

But, in honor of the good ol' days when he was wreaking havoc, putting fear into O-lines, making LT's cry, and demolishing OC game plans:

Come all without, come all within
You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quinn

Everybody's building ships and boats
Some are building monuments, others are jotting down notes
Everybody's in despair, every girl and boy
But when Quinn the Eskimo gets here, everybody's gonna jump for joy

I like to go just like the rest, I like my sugar sweet
But jumping queues and makin' haste, just ain't my cup of meat
Everyone's beneath the trees, feedin' pigeons on a limb
But when Quinn the Eskimo gets here, all the pigeons gonna run to him

Let me do what I wanna do, I can't decide 'em all
Just tell me where to put 'em and I'll tell you who to call
Nobody can get no sleep, there's someone on everyone's toes
But when Quinn the Eskimo gets here, everybody's gonna wanna doze

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I don’t think Philly is going to cut him. IIRC he’s on a pretty cheap deal

I don't give a fuck what any of you think about what I am about to say. Which is par for the course hahaha.

I hope CLong is on a SB winning team for the rest of his life in the NFL.

I would like it to be the Rams. That would be ideal.

But if it isn't I'm OK with him spending the rest of his career bouncing around finding massive success.

I think that much of him.

He's a gem.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't give a freak what any of you think about what I am about to say. Which is par for the course hahaha.

I hope CLong is on a SB winning team for the rest of his life in the NFL.

I would like it to be the Rams. That would be ideal.

But if it isn't I'm OK with him spending the rest of his career bouncing around finding massive success.

I think that much of him.

He's a gem.
Not sure why you quoted me. All I said is that he’s likely not available....

AllGasNoBrakes

Air Traffic Controller
No chance Quinn chooses to come back. He hated living in LA. He’s a country boy through and through and the glitz and glam of LA was not his cup of tea.

He has also expressed through social media his dislike for the high tax and high cost of living in California.

I bet he signs somewhere in the South/somewhere with a slower pace of life.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Pass, as much as I love Quinn, he is on the downside of his career and expect him to fall off a cliff sooner rather than later; shame really as he could've had a much better career if not for the egregious holds he dealt with and had he diversified his skillset beyond that one-trick gumby pass rush technique. I would rather give rotational reps to unknowns like JFM and Obo.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
No. He’s on the downside as a pass rusher and was never good against the run.

This is it exactly. He is still a decent edge rusher but he has struggled mightily in run defense. The Rams have been questionable against the run as it is.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
The Rams need to move forward with new younger guys coming up for their first FA contract or players that did not have their 5th year option picked up for cap reasons. I hope they stay away from players that are now on the downside of their careers and give the young guys a chance to play.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
The Jets, with Gregg Williams as the DC make sense for Quinn. They have a boatload of cap space.