If Miami cuts Robert Quinn, do we bring him back?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Do we bring back Quinn?

• Yes

Votes: 23 27.4%
  • No

Votes: 61 72.6%

• Total voters

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It is looking likely that Miami will cut Robert Quinn in the next few weeks:
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/arti...robert_quinn_devante_parker/s1_14819_28124549

Should we consider bringing Quinn back on a one or two year deal if he's willing to settle for $5 million or $6 million per year? Keep in mind that Quinn posted 9.5 sacks for us in 2017 in 16 games (counting the playoffs). He posted 6.5 sacks this year for Miami and generated a good amount of pressure:
https://www.clnsmedia.com/patriots-...hins-pass-rush-duo-cameron-wake-robert-quinn/

With Dante Fowler Jr. a free agent and possibly pricing himself out of our range, I like the idea of Quinn returning. We know he's a positive locker-room influence. We need a speed rusher on the edge. We should have some young EDGE guys who can rotate with him to keep him fresh (Obo plus a draft pick). Best of all, Quinn won't count against us in the comp pick formula because he's a cut.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I like Quinn and think that he could be a decent role player, but I don't see him wanting to come back after being traded.

Last edited:

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Resign who we have now. Should be some additional incentive to being a Ram given the recent success.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I like Quinn and think that he could be a decent role player, but I don't see him wanting to come back after being traded.

We know he's a positive locker-room influence.

I can't imagine that if he did come back that he would remain a positive locker room influence. It makes too much sense for him to turn bitter and spread negativity. Maybe he's a better person than that, but I wouldn't bet on it.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
ABSOLUTELY.
A situational pass rusher?
Still brings heat on the edge.

Quinn isn't so old that his career can't have a huge bounce back year or 2.

nighttrain

Legend
would a combo of Fowler on one side and Quinn on the other be an upgrade? if so bring him in

train

tempests

Hall of Fame
He described playing in LA as suffocating and said he wasn't comfortable in Wade's scheme. On top of that he'd have to return for less money. I don't think the Rams would be his first choice.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Again I concur with @tempests I feel strongly he reunites with Gregg Williams in New York or with the Carolina Panthers to close out his career closer to home, both 4-3 schemes that Quinn is more comfortable with.

dang

Legend
Priority 1 is signing a dynamic Edge rusher (Fowler or another FA). Priority 2 is to see if we have any good young cheap talent in Obo, Young and Fowler. I recall Quinn being a liability against the run, however, if Priority 1/2 don't work out then perhaps a decent pass rush rotational player like Quinn might be a good add. He would have to accept a part-time role/part-time salary.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wouldn't be opposed to it but I could see it happening and would make some sense. Would you though grab another edge with a higher pick and put Quinn on the other side? Talk of Littleton and Ebukam in the middle so this could happen.

…..

Legend
I think he wasn’t a good fit in this defense when he left. Doubt that’s changed.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I think it should be responsibly explored as an option.

As a fan i'd be lukewarm on Quinn at this point even as a sit pass rusher.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I seem to remember Quinn saying that he’d like to stay closer to home. I’m guessing he could get a similar deal somewhere in the SE to what we would offer. My guess is he does that rather than return to the team that traded him away.

Liberator

Pro Bowler
If he wants to come back on a cheap deal? Sure. But I doubt he will do that. We should think bigger.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I can't imagine that if he did come back that he would remain a positive locker room influence. It makes too much sense for him to turn bitter and spread negativity. Maybe he's a better person than that, but I wouldn't bet on it.

It's a business. Quinn doesn't strike me as a guy who is unaware of that.

He described playing in LA as suffocating and said he wasn't comfortable in Wade's scheme. On top of that he'd have to return for less money. I don't think the Rams would be his first choice.

That's interesting. I didn't see those comments.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not really a good fit. He'd be much more valuable to a 4-3 team than to the Rams as a situational pass rusher. His year under Wade he showed he had problems doing many of the things Wade wants out of his OLB. He has trouble defending receivers, he isn't great against the run. He's still a good pass rusher, but the Rams can't afford what a 4-3 team (likely with more cap space) could pay him, where he'd be closer to a full-time player.

I'm guessing they work out something with Fowler, or go with a draft pick in the first half of the draft to address the issue.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I seem to remember Quinn saying that he’d like to stay closer to home. I’m guessing he could get a similar deal somewhere in the SE to what we would offer. My guess is he does that rather than return to the team that traded him away.
Falcons or Carolina would take him close home.Vic Beasley is rumored to be released.

I believe Quinn is a much better fit playing on the weak side of a true 43 D. Quinn is more situational pass rusher than full time. When playing for Wade last season his best work came when Wade went to four Down Linemen in his front.

Last edited: