If I was McVay & Co. the 49ers hotdogging wouldn't be forgotten

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Yeah looking forward to facing these guys next offseason with all our key starters on the field

Comrades comrades comrades.

Let them enjoy their lil shrill of victory against our team. Next year they will be singing a different tone, but it's going to be a great game.

Looking forward to it

Ram65

Legend
Passing with less than 6 minutes with a 3 TD lead would get any opposing HC ticked off. Considering the Rams sitting starters makes it more questionable. I looked again at the end of the game and McVay looked a little ticked off. It was a brief handshake for coaches that know each other well. Could be nothing but, could start an even bitter rivalry for years to come.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
The 49er's starters seemed to be enjoying themselves while beating a group of 2nd and 3rd stringers yesterday.

I did not like that. Not one bit.

If I am a player or coach I'm not going to forget that. In fact if I was McVay I'd instruct the film guy to do a cut-up montage of the players hot-dogging and talking crap after several plays. I'd show that to the Rams in the locker room before each game this post season and let them know we rested for a reason, lets go make it the right decision.

Then next year I'd show it to the team before the first 49ers game and tell the team, especially Gurley, Goff and the WR's to remind the 49er's "sorry, no backups today" after each big play .

If I was a player I would really, really, REALLY want to rub their noses in it for taunting and showboating on a field full of backups that also happened to be my team mates.
And on the other side. If I'm San Francisco I think, "The other teams doesn't think enough of us to play their starters".

Also, didn't the Niners put up 39 points the first game? 73 points in two games. Wow.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Shanny was just enjoying a seldom achieved win and one against a good team. He can't help we didn't come to play. It wasn't a pre season game even if we treated it as such. I can't stand losing to the niners and their fans. Is what it is, reading the Falcon forum they sure are happy we took the day off they say it doesn't work. We will see.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And on the other side. If I'm San Francisco I think, "The other teams doesn't think enough of us to play their starters".

Also, didn't the Niners put up 39 points the first game? 73 points in two games. Wow.
yeah but we put 41 ,....so its moot point ...

34 against our scrubs ? id be pissed off if i was a niners fan id want a 50 burger

bigger fish for the rams to fry

The Ramowl

Starter
Is what it is, reading the Falcon forum they sure are happy we took the day off they say it doesn't work. We will see.

Usually i would agree with them. Letting a game go can break your dynamic, and so on. But the thing is, we are not a streak team, and we don't rely on being on a roll. We have not lost two games in a row this season, which means, our morale doesn't break after a loss.
Actually it is even better, some of our best wins, if not the best wins actually, came after losses, and very disappointing ones : we lose to the Seahawks in a home game we should have won, then we defeat the jags on the road. Then we lose to the Vikings on the road, we come back home to beat the Saints, and when we lost to Philly at home, we went to destroy the Seahawks in their ever-so-hyped Century Link.

I am not worried about the psychological aspect of things, McVay seems to be handling that very well. I am more worried about us not always being great in close games.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Usually i would agree with them. Letting a game go can break your dynamic, and so on. But the thing is, we are not a streak team, and we don't rely on being on a roll. We have not lost two games in a row this season, which means, our morale doesn't break after a loss.
Actually it is even better, some of our best wins, if not the best wins actually, came after losses, and very disappointing ones : we lose to the Seahawks in a home game we should have won, then we defeat the jags on the road. Then we lose to the Vikings on the road, we come back home to beat the Saints, and when we lost to Philly at home, we went to destroy the Seahawks in their ever-so-hyped Century Link.

I am not worried about the psychological aspect of things, McVay seems to be handling that very well. I am more worried about us not always being great in close games.
Sums up how I feel about it. This team will show up Saturday night prepared to play. They will be rested and strong. They will execute. The Rams earned that week 17 bye week. It would have been foolish not to cash in on it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He's competitive and if you saw the expression on his face he looked a little pissy.

Yep and he gets that expression every time the offense doesn't score a TD lol. Dude is competitive as F. I've seen him with that look when they have to settle for 3.

Rams/9ers has been one of the league's best rivalries for a long time. It's just back on now. Gonna be a fun bunch of years ahead between these two guys, as both are brilliant offensive minds.

And yes, I do think the Rams will stomp the whiners hard in the next game for some payback. No love lost there.

GBRam15

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
GBRam15
Yep and he gets that expression every time the offense doesn't score a TD lol. Dude is competitive as F. I've seen him with that look when they have to settle for 3.

Rams/9ers has been one of the league's best rivalries for a long time. It's just back on now. Gonna be a fun bunch of years ahead between these two guys, as both are brilliant offensive minds.

And yes, I do think the Rams will stomp the whiners hard in the next game for some payback. No love lost there.

I knew McVay was a different beast at halftime of the the Colts game. He looked pissed off talking with the sideline reporter even though the Rams were up by 3 touchdowns, probably due to some of the drive killing penalties committed by the OL. The man's expectations are through the roof.