If Fisher won't make a QB change maybe it's time the Rams made a Head coaching one

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who should be starting at QB?

• Total voters

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Jeff Fisher and the coaching staff see the players up close and personal on the practice field, in the film room, and in meetings. They know when a player is ready to start in a game and when he's not.

We, the fans, don't have the same access to players they do. We have a right to our opinions but that's all they are, opinions.

I was a big Austin Davis fan, assuming he would be the next Brett Favre. The Rams, Dolphins, and Browns organizations disagreed. Stupid bastards! :sneaky: I'm a big fan of Sean Mannion as well and feel he deserves a chance to start. Again, the Rams disagree with my opinion. Oh well! :violin:

As far as being a moderator here at ROD; yes, we all start out as normal people but then, because of all the money and chicks, we eventually become raving megalomaniacs who get off on squashing the educated opinions of ROD members and keeping them under our thumb.

giphy.gif

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
If he shows some willingness to develop and utilize TE's, I'm in. But I remember the Bears (foolishly) got rid of Greg Olsen* while he was there, and he really went away from utilizing TE's in the passing game as his Rams tenure wore on.

* - It's possible that getting rid of Olsen was Martz's revenge on Lovie Smith for the latter convincing him to let London Fletcher walk and put Jamie Duncan in his place. :)

thirteen28 I think mentioning Duncan is a 24 hour bannable offense LOL.

@Selassie I has a Duncan jersey that he sleeps in..........or so I've heard.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Dear Jake,

Please stop hurting me and abusing me.

Love,

The English Language.

Seriously, I know you are 20 but you got out of High School so you should be able to perform a bit better than this. Ask someone to review the work before posting it. Nothing says amateur chump like the ranting and raving we see from media idiots, and over the top proclamations............and a shitily turned phrase. Shitily wasn't a word until just this moment.

It's ok/cool to have a different feeling or different thoughts but elucidate them less shitily.

I think you misspelled shittily, Les. Lol.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Lol -X- attacked me? Whatever. Think what you want. Tired of posting my articles here and getting praised and then the second I talk about the QB position I get bashed to no end. I know my stuff maybe that is what the insulting thing is. I wanted Wentz I'm not even the biggest Goff fan but what I saw on Sunday morning at 9:30 was an absolute sham. You lose a game 17-10 and the QB throws 4 picks? That's on him.
I'll be straight up with you Jake. I have less of a problem with the article itself than I do with the knowledge of sentence structure displayed within it. I'm baffled that you don't even seem to know the difference between to, too, and two. Your lack of proper punctuation also makes your stuff in this thread a very hard read.

But then you get extremely defensive, snarky, and downright vindictive when people dare disagree with you. You really are going to need to form a thicker skin if you want to do this for a living. And listen to @Dieter the Brock about getting an editor. At minimum, you should get someone to read your articles before you put them out there.

I think you know that I have applauded previous articles of yours. This one, I have to say, is unoriginal and just poorly written. My opinion (and that is all it is) is that you will have a very hard time having your work taken seriously if you continue putting out articles that are this poorly written - especially if you go on the offensive when people take note of it.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So do you pro-Keenum guys still want to say that Goff shouldn't be starting? Unbelievable how we have wasted this talent and this season with Keenum as our QB.

ram007

Starter
So do you pro-Keenum guys still want to say that Goff shouldn't be starting? Unbelievable how we have wasted this talent and this season with Keenum as our QB.

I am no pro-keenum, but Goff must be crap (right now) if he is sitting behind Keenum in week 9 after being first pick. There is no other way to say it.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
I guess Goff just ain't got it. If he can't win the #1 QB spot against a guy with 11 picks in 8 games then HOUSTON! WE HAVE A PROBLEM...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

I trust the coaching staff who are seeing the players perform up-close-and-personal over my lying eyes. :sneaky: Apparently they feel Goff is not ready for whatever reason. I would like to see Mannion get a shot but it seems the coaching staff is not convinced on him either. So here we are.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Dear Jake,

Please stop hurting me and abusing me.

Love,

The English Language.

Seriously, I know you are 20 but you got out of High School so you should be able to perform a bit better than this. Ask someone to review the work before posting it. Nothing says amateur chump like the ranting and raving we see from media idiots, and over the top proclamations............and a shitily turned phrase. Shitily wasn't a word until just this moment.

It's ok/cool to have a different feeling or different thoughts but elucidate them less shitily.

Thank you Les. Thank you for saying what we are all thinking....

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I trust the coaching staff who are seeing the players perform up-close-and-personal over my lying eyes. :sneaky: Apparently they feel Goff is not ready for whatever reason. I would like to see Mannion get a shot but it seems the coaching staff is not convinced on him either. So here we are.

I dont know why you would trust the coaching staff. What have they done to earn your trust. As of now, I dont trust anything from Fisher and staff. I have eyes....untrained as they may be, I dont need to be a coach to know that keeping Keenum in there is not helping our team win. What is happening now reminds me of a great quote

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

If they are dead set against starting Goff then at least start Mannion, see if the kid can infuse a spark on this team. Starting Keenum again is like I said above, Insane.

Does anyone on this board really believe in "their" humble opinion Keenum should be starting?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I dont know why you would trust the coaching staff. What have they done to earn your trust.

I need to preface what I'm about to say by making sure that you and anyone else reading this knows that I mean no disrespect whatsoever. We all have a right to our opinions but they are still only opinions, not facts.

Over these many years of reading and participating in online discussions about this team, I find it ludicrous that fans on the internet think they know better than the coaches who are with the players every day, and who have years of coaching experience.

Let me remind you that Fisher/Snead took us out of the basement of the NFL, where we dwelt with the likes of the Cleveland Browns. We are not yet at the point of average but we don't totally suck either.

I won't be upset if Jeff Fisher and every other coach responsible for the offense gets fired, if only because sometimes drastic change is necessary. However, I made that same mistake when Mike Martz was fired. I cheered because I felt his time was over and the league had caught up with him. The Rams have still not recovered from that.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I need to preface what I'm about to say by making sure that you and anyone else reading this knows that I mean no disrespect whatsoever. We all have a right to our opinions but they are still only opinions, not facts.

Over these many years of reading and participating in online discussions about this team, I find it ludicrous that fans on the internet think they know better than the coaches who are with the players every day, and who have years of coaching experience.

Let me remind you that Fisher/Snead took us out of the basement of the NFL, where we dwelt with the likes of the Cleveland Browns. We are not yet at the point of average but we don't totally suck either.

I won't be upset if Jeff Fisher and every other coach responsible for the offense gets fired, if only because sometimes drastic change is necessary. However, I made that same mistake when Mike Martz was fired. I cheered because I felt his time was over and the league had caught up with him. The Rams have still not recovered from that.

I agree with your overall point I really do.

As for paragraph 2. I disagree...somewhat lol. Just because you have years of experience doing something that does not automatically make you good at that. And to flip it, just because you dont have experience doing something does not mean you suck at that. We have some very informed and knowledgeable fans on this board and others. So there are certain posters whos opinion I value and respect even when I disagree. So there are times yes, when I think a poster does know more than our coaches. Our QB coach for example has been coaching 1 year. Doesnt make him good or bad IMO. What does he know that some of us dont? Football is football. We can watch a game and determine if a player is good or bad. If poster A played college football and now works in sales is he really any less qualified that Weinke to cast an opinion? All Weinke has is 1 year of coaching experience. My point is all of us here are football fans and a lot of us understand the game. Coaches are not always right by the way. So, I would ask you, taking the coaches out of the equation and judging solely on what you seen, should Keenum be the starter? Do you think the team is best with Keenum?

Paragraph 3. I like the Fisher, Snead combo. I would keep them in fact. I would like to see Fisher get promoted to President of Football Operation and hire a new coach to work under Fisher and Snead.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Just because you have years of experience doing something that does not automatically make you good at that.

True, I could mention some politicians but that's a no-no here. :sneaky:

We have some very informed and knowledgeable fans on this board and others.

Agreed.

So there are times yes, when I think a poster does know more than our coaches.

Disagree. Actual experience wins out over merely watching the game. Posters don't spend time in film rooms and on practice fields. They don't know the psyche of the players, nor how quick or slow they are to learn game plans.

Our QB coach for example has been coaching 1 year. Doesnt make him good or bad IMO. What does he know that some of us dont? All Weinke has is 1 year of coaching experience.

Weinke not only played QB in college but in the pros as well. He serves at an academy that teaches the fundamental techniques of the game. Plus he worked with Cam Newton. That's a heck of a lot more experience than any poster here has(unless there's someone's history here I don't know about).

should Keenum be the starter? Do you think the team is best with Keenum?

No, I think Mannion should be the starter. If he stinks then give Goff an opportunity. But then again, that is only my opinion based on what I've seen. I'll leave it to Fisher and his staff to determine which QB gives us the best chance to win a game.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am no pro-keenum, but Goff must be crap (right now) if he is sitting behind Keenum in week 9 after being first pick. There is no other way to say it.
I don't trust Jeff Fisher. I think he has no idea what he is doing for offense. Defensively he gets it. We give too much credit to these coaches. Think about it! Some people just aren't good at their job and Fisher isn't good at his as far as offensive talent evaluator is concerned. The leash we gave Keenum is obnoxious. Never would have needed to trade up for Goff if we gave Austin Davis the leash Keenum has had. Waste waste waste!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Jared Goff won't see the field until the Rams are eliminated from playoff contention.

"My understanding of the Rams quarterback situation," Rapoport said, "is that they're not going to make a switch -- barring some sort of epic collapse by Case Keenum -- until they fall out of playoff contention." Rapoport's colleague Steve Wyche stated the Rams "simply don't believe Goff is ready to play," which was evident in preseason games. The 3-5 Rams will be knocked out of playoff contention soon. They have no running game and essentially no passing game, are overrated on defense, and are poorly coached.
Source: NFL.com
Nov 7 - 5:27 PM