If accurate Von year 2 is a real possibility

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I think too many are underestimating what Von brings to this team. Not just his play, but his leadership and how much he means to his teammates, particularly AD.
I don't think any of us are underestimating anything he brings. We know all he brings, we just don't want to overpay for him when we have many other fish to fry this off-season too.

JYB

Starter
I don't think any of us are underestimating anything he brings. We know all he brings, we just don't want to overpay for him when we have many other fish to fry this off-season too.
Yes, many fish to fry for sure, but IMO, Von is the biggest fish. Defense —QB pressure in particular — and timely, clutch Stafford play is what gave us the trophy. Can’t afford to let that D line play slip if we have any hopes of repeating.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Snead’s philosophy is to acquire elite types and fill in around them with best available draftees and 2nd tier FA’s.

Both Miller and OBJ played at elite levels once they acclimated. Both were said to be in long term Ram plans When acquired and both exceeded any reasonable expectations.

So, I fully expect the Rams to move mountains to keep both although Miller is Priority One.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Saw that earlier or yesterday. It'll be interesting! Just PLEASE don't overpay!
It ain't my money. Feel free to overpay. :ROFLMAO:
Von is having fun…unfortunately at the expense of Rams fans. I’m sure the Rams are working their best deal but if it doesn’t work - next man up and there are some other interesting defensive players available.
People need to chill.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
A lot of people are thinking that now that Wussel is in Denver it's a going to be a good fit for Von.

But hold the phone for a minute.

Who says that their new HC, Nathan Hackett, is going to be successful?
Look at how many top Coordinators fail and flop big time as first time HCs.

Von has got to know that the Rams were a lot like the Broncos until Coach Mac got here.
Bottom line: Coaching matters in the NFL.

If Von returns to Mile High and Hackett can't hack it, then he's wasted what is left of his opportunity to go to another Super Bowl.

Von Miller needs to ascertain what is important to him and what goals he has for the last part of his career.

IMO he has the best opportunity right here in Ramdom.

~ArkyRamsFan~

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just dont see what makes Von so irreplaceable. AD is the straw that stirs the drink. Sure I'd be happy if he's back but the D has been dominant without him for years, and will be again if he moves on.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A lot of people are thinking that now that Wussel is in Denver it's a going to be a good fit for Von.
But hold the phone for a minute.
Who says that their new HC, Nathan Hackett, is going to be successful?
Look at how many top Coordinators fail and flop big time.
Von has got to know that the Rams were a lot like the Broncos until Coach Mac got here.
Bottom line: Coaching matters in the NFL.
If Von returns to Mile High and Hackett can't hack it, then he's wasted what is left of his opportunity to go to another Super Bowl.
Von Miller needs to ascertain what is important to him and what goals he has for the last part of his career.
IMO he has the best opportunity right here in Random.
~ArkyRamsFan~
Great QB's can make mediocre HC look good. Dont have to look past Denver to see that. Manning got them to the SB with Fox as coach. If Denver doesnt make it happen its because Wilson is on the wrong side of the mountain

Ramon Ram

Starter

VON MILLERLB, LOS ANGELES RAMS
von miller

The Athletic's Jourdan Rodrigue reports the Rams are confident that their $14-16 million contract offer will convince Von Miller to re-sign.​

The Rams plan to offer Miller a contract that "could range from $14 million to $16 million per year, possibly over a two-year span, and which doesn’t seem to have a hard ceiling as of this publication," per Rodrigue. Miller will have no shortage of interest if he hits the open market, so the Rams would prefer to get him back under contract prior to Monday, if possible. Miller has publicly mused about returning to Denver, which now seems like a far more appealing option with Russell Wilson under center. With reports that Miller could command up to $20 million annually, it's quite possible that Miller can beat the Rams offer if he hits free agency. However, the Rams offer the appeal of a back-to-back Super Bowl run.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Seems like Von is trying to bump up the Rams offer. He wants to stay a Ram.
Wagner seems like only an option if Von does not sign.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I’m not worried about the trolling. If he stays, then the moment he signs on the dotted line he’ll be committed to helping the Rams win. If, in a couple of years, he wants to sign a one day contract and retire as a Bronco, that’s fine by me.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m not worried about the trolling. If he stays, then the moment he signs on the dotted line he’ll be committed to helping the Rams win. If, in a couple of years, he wants to sign a one day contract and retire as a Bronco, that’s fine by me.
As a four time Super Bowl champ :D

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
I know it's a team game, team stepped up to win this SB, even the backups. But to maintain a strong contender knowing we can't sign everyone back:

On D:

I love Gaines, Jones, and more recently A-Shawn but...

Donald, Miller, and Ramsey are keepers. Everyone else is a filler in comparison.

On O:

Stafford, Kupp and OBJ are keepers.

I love Woods, Higgs, and Akers but everyone else is a filler.

Spec teams:

Gay is a keeper and I love Powell.

Some of these players aren't up for extension yet. But any Rams lost in FA, if they aren't among my listed keepers... no sweat really.

Last edited:

dang

Legend
I just dont see what makes Von so irreplaceable. AD is the straw that stirs the drink. Sure I'd be happy if he's back but the D has been dominant without him for years, and will be again if he moves on.
Yeah but the drink is a lot tastier with top shelf liquors and freshly squeezed juices.

Ramon Ram

Starter
I know it's a team game, team stepped up to win this SB, even the backups. But to maintain a strong contender knowing we can't sign everyone back:

On D:

I love Gaines, Jones, and more recently A-Shawn but...

Donald, Miller, and Ramsey are keepers. Everyone else is a filler in comparison.

On O:

Stafford, Kupp and OBJ are keepers.

I love Woods, Higgs, and Akers but everyone else is a filler.

Spec teams:

Gay is a keeper and I love Powell.

Some of these players aren't up for extension yet. But any Rams lost in FA, if they aren't among my listed keepers... no sweat really.
Not sure if Gay was hurt but coming up short on a 47 yarder almost cost us a super bowl. Is it just in Tampa that he struggles? Finding a Mcpherson should always be on the table IMO.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Not sure if Gay was hurt but coming up short on a 47 yarder almost cost us a super bowl. Is it just in Tampa that he struggles? Finding a Mcpherson should always be on the table IMO.
Iirc it was more like a 54 yd attempt. Where he came up short was against Tampa but many believe he had hurt his leg in the pre game warm up.

~ArkyRamsFan~

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Iirc it was more like a 54 yd attempt. Where he came up short was against Tampa but many believe he had hurt his leg in the pre game warm up.

~ArkyRamsFan~
There have been several comments made about him having a groin injury. They made that known against San Francisco, luckily, Gay did not have to attempt a long kick in the NFC Championship game.

Ram65

Legend
Von is trying to get the bidding up and it's his business decision.

I'm sure the Rams have a price range for Von Miller. They will stay within that range.

They need to keep other players too. They can't ignore that it's still a team game.

The Rams should have a plan B if they can't resign him within that range.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There have been several comments made about him having a groin injury. They made that known against San Francisco, luckily, Gay did not have to attempt a long kick in the NFC Championship game.
Something about San Francisco injuring Gay's groin doesnt sound right....