I'd go after this guy this offseason for a 3rd round pick:

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
No team is going to offer up a lot for him. If the current staff stays around they're gonna want to bring in someone else. My guess is the Browns try to cut bait by saving as much face as possible, i.e. they will move him for the best pick they can get in this draft.

He was pretty good in the SF game. Not so much vs Seattle, however that is a great defense. I don't think Fish would have a problem handling him, and he does favor mobile QBs. So IMO it would not be a surprise if Fish and Snead made a move for him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Note: not saying he's the answer or anything, but I'd like to see him in the mix with a high end rookie, Mannion, and Keenum in camp.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
It's interesting that you didn't post his name in the thread title or in the post itself. Don't want anything to do with Johnny Manziel. Let some other team deal with him while he's going through adolescence. :baghead:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Keeping my answer short and sweet...NO.

Note: not saying he's the answer or anything, but I'd like to see him in the mix with a high end rookie, Mannion, and Keenum in camp.

Why? If we're bringing in a high-end rookie, why would we not use a 3rd on a player that can helps this team? Why would we expose the rookie to a bad influence like Manziel?

So IMO it would not be a surprise if Fish and Snead made a move for him.

It wouldn't surprise me but it would be another example of Fisher's terrible taste in QBs.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I wouldn't give you a lottery ticket for Manziel. He doesn't prepare like a pro yet, pass.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
If the Browns are the factory of sadness, this trade would make us the retail outlet of sadness!

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Not just no

I'd take Tebow over this jack ass. He's done nothing but prove the experts right. He's a rich brat that was handed everything his whole life and will never be the answer except to more trouble for anyone who trusts him.

We don't need more garbage to cloud the QB position

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we get it done before his roster bonus is paid, sure. Because of the cap savings. Then I'd trade Manziel to the Cowboys.

Heh. If a team would take Foles before the roster bonus was paid, the Rams would take the rights to Ryan Leaf in return. Just for the lolz.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Heh. If a team would take Foles before the roster bonus was paid, the Rams would take the rights to Ryan Leaf in return. Just for the lolz.

Agreed. I'd take anything for him.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

If the browns gave the Rams a 3rd and the alco I'd be down with that. If the Rams cut him the next day.

FrankenRam

Starter
I'm sorry, but this is just absolute crazy talk. Do we really want the Rams to take so much as a flyer on a young QB with a drinking problem...that apparently is not yet under control?!?!? Seriously?!?!

And based on what, fergodsake....what he did in college?!?! What has he done to show any evidence of being a capable NFL QB?

Jeez Leweez..., I don't know what some folks are smokin'.....but please pass some my way.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Julie-White.gif

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If we get it done before his roster bonus is paid, sure. Because of the cap savings. Then I'd trade Manziel to the Cowboys.

I would sign up for that plan right now! I've always felt Manziel would end up in Dallas and RGIII in Houston as the Lone Star State will act as the landing spots and try to prove Thomas Wolfe wrong.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Johnny Football's got as much chance of being a good NFL quarterback as Aaron Hernandez does of being a prison chaplain.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah I realize I shouldn't be surprised by the extent of the negativity in the responses, given what a polarizing player he is with our fan base. Just looking at this as a pure "buy low" option, which is a good approach overall any time you're evaluating potential additions from other rosters. I see him as a kid whose antics are overplayed in the media, and for me it's a simple matter of estimating to what extent his alcohol dependency is going to affect his career. To me that is countered a bit by the fact that he's a low cap hit at the QB position for the next two seasons.

From what I'm seeing on the field the guy belongs at this level. That's important, because if the Rams see it that way then it comes down to the alcohol risk as well as the question of how the Browns have handled him. But anyway, appreciate the responses and keepin me grounded. You guys are the wind beneath my wings.