I'd draft Hundley

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

V3

Hall of Fame
That's the worst of the concerns, for sure. But it's not the only thing. Shoplifting crab legs by itself is a little disturbing, but not a BIG deal. Standing on a table top in the student union and shouting obscenities is even less so. But take the sum total of all, and it's the pattern of behavior that raises eyebrows. At the least it shouts 'young & dumb' and/or 'entitled athlete thinks he's above it all'. He may well grow out of such immaturity, but when...when's he's 22-23...or 30...or.....never.(??)

A lot will hinge on the outcome of the assault charge, but the pattern of behavior certainly makes it possible any number of teams might pass on him early in the 1st round.
I've heard that the crab leg thing was because a booster usually bought food for the football players at that store but he got caught so instead of getting the whole program in trouble with the NCAA, Winston took the blame.... Or something like that. I tend to believe it, too. The table thing was stupid but it won't change his draft stock. Unless teams can find new info on the rape issue, it won't affect anything.

I just feel that once teams watch him play they'll fall in love with the player and look past anything else. It happens every year.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Still, I don't think he's as polished as Luck coming out. But he's a sight better than anything else available. and at around the 12 pick I'd call it a no-brainer.

I will have to disagree wth you on this. First, I am a Bruin fan and see every game. Hundley has regressed. He holds on to the ball too long, he doesn't see the whole field.... he is not seeing open receivers downfield and he is inaccurate throwing to the ones he does see.
Hundley is NOT ready for the NFL at this point.

reggae

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I will have to disagree wth you on this. First, I am a Bruin fan and see every game. Hundley has regressed. He holds on to the ball too long, he doesn't see the whole field.... he is not seeing open receivers downfield and he is inaccurate throwing to the ones he does see.
Hundley is NOT ready for the NFL at this point.
Interesting. But, Other than Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers all the top QB's in the league right now are looking at half the field. Even Andrew Luck predominantly runs read option.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To date, I don't see a QB that I'd even consider using a 1st round pick on. And given the talents of the top names, especially, not without a change at offensive coordinator.

Right now, I'd go with Davis, Bradford on a restructured contract, and someone like Oregon State's, Sean Mannion in a later round.

Mannion is awful.

Winston, Mariota, or nothing for me. Hundley is a hot mess when pressured.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Mannion is awful.

I thought that you liked Gunnar Kiel a bit? A Kiel-to-White/Quick/Austin/Bailey connection sounds pretty good to me.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Mannion is awful.

Agree with you. Winston is the best NFL QB prospect in the draft. Get him, and let Fisher work his magic on making him into a man. Until then he can sit the bench behind a reduced salary Bradford (after we cut and resign him).

All the problems Winston has, none of them translate to the field. He's very good at leaving them behind when he steps between the lines.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought that you liked Gunnar Kiel a bit? A Kiel-to-White/Quick/Austin/Bailey connection sounds pretty good to me.

I haven't seen much of Kiel but I don't think he's entering the draft unless he's a first round pick.

Athos

Legend
Kiel is super raw and only has one year of collegiate ball in his name as a QB. Just can't imagine him leaving now, especially with things, like accuracy, that need further polishing first. He's a sit and develop for a few years first prospect right now.