I'd draft Hundley

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

reggae

Still, I don't think he's as polished as Luck coming out. But he's a sight better than anything else available. and at around the 12 pick I'd call it a no-brainer.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Still, I don't think he's as polished as Luck coming out. But he's a sight better than anything else available. and at around the 12 pick I'd call it a no-brainer.

As a diehard longtime Bruin fan I can vouch that he definitely has leadership quatily & the skill set, what I have observed from Hundley that I would find alarming is he holds the ball way, way too long, he is by far the most sacked QB in CFB over the past 2 years, granted his OLine shares much of this, but I gotta tell you, so does Hundley, pre snap reads just doesn't seem to be his thing.

No way I spend a 1st on him.

Disclaimer: I also thought Cade McNoun was going to be a great NFL QB, so...:whistle:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Is there really a franchise caliber QB in the next draft? If so, most people think its Winston and he comes with concerns. I'm not sure there is one. Finding that guy is a crap shoot. Remember the 49ers passing on Rogers? Then he doesn't get picked till later first round in the 20's. A lot of teams whiffed on him.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Marcus Ardel Taulauniu Mariota.

How long does he last in the draft? Great QB & young man.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Is there really a franchise caliber QB in the next draft? If so, most people think its Winston and he comes with concerns. I'm not sure there is one. Finding that guy is a crap shoot. Remember the 49ers passing on Rogers? Then he doesn't get picked till later first round in the 20's. A lot of teams whiffed on him.

I don't get to see very many college games so I get most of my opinions/information from other Rams & Football Fans & Football Articles/Highights but from what I have read the only 2 QB's who seem to be worthy of top 10 selection in the 2015 Draft are Mariota & Winston (And, Winston has character concerns). So, what do you do if you are not sold on Bradford being ready for next season and you are not sold on Davis being your long term solution and Mariota has already been selected? Do you draft Winston, Hundley or the best available QB or do you sign the best available FA QB or do you wait for Bradford to get healthy or do you take your chances with Davis? Whatever they do it will be nice to see their QB solution solved,

Memphis Ram

Legend
To date, I don't see a QB that I'd even consider using a 1st round pick on. And given the talents of the top names, especially, not without a change at offensive coordinator.

Right now, I'd go with Davis, Bradford on a restructured contract, and someone like Oregon State's, Sean Mannion in a later round.

V3

Hall of Fame
I don't get to see very many college games so I get most of my opinions/information from other Rams & Football Fans & Football Articles/Highights but from what I have read the only 2 QB's who seem to be worthy of top 10 selection in the 2015 Draft are Mariota & Winston (And, Winston has character concerns). So, what do you do if you are not sold on Bradford being ready for next season and you are not sold on Davis being your long term solution and Mariota has already been selected? Do you draft Winston, Hundley or the best available QB or do you sign the best available FA QB or do you wait for Bradford to get healthy or do you take your chances with Davis? Whatever they do it will be nice to see their QB solution solved,
I'd be willing to bet that Winston goes before Mariota, going off what we know now. Things can change but that's how I see it. The only thing Winston has against him is that sexual assault allegation and no one can get a clear answer on what happened. If the Rams don't pick first, I don't see Winston happening.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I dont like him as a nfl qb, he doesnt have very football instincts at all.

Slappy967

Starter
I like Mariota and Hundley but they are the two I have watched the most. I hear the kid out of Colorado state is pretty damn good tho. I don't think we will be rolling into next year with Sam and Austin as our answer at the QB position.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
none of these guys have proven to be franchise QBs. and they all have baggage it seems. no way should the Rams make a desperate move and waste a first round pick. you bite the bullet and wait til 2016.

Philly5

Rookie
Comparing any of these college QBs to Luck is not fair.

If Bradford doesn't return, and Davis doesn't work out, I see Fisher/Snead bringing in a veteran. They won't have time to develop.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Garrett Grayson or my man Gunner Kiel in the 2nd or 3rd and I'm happy.

I still have hope for Davis but we need more talent to develop.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Hundley is so raw, he makes Brian Quick look medium rare...Not sure about that kids ability to see the field, run pro-style passing combo's....Just looks then takes off...Could be his o-line is garbage...not sure though, bunch of QB's play with a lot less and you see skills...I'd rather draft Max Browne of the Trojans, and he hasn't taken 20 snaps yet...
Maybe in the second, maybe he improves...Still, top 10 hell no...15 on, maybe...his running is nice to look at, so is his deep ball, but everything else, meh....

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Hundley is so raw, he makes Brian Quick look medium rare...Not sure about that kids ability to see the field, run pro-style passing combo's....Just looks then takes off...Could be his o-line is garbage...not sure though, bunch of QB's play with a lot less and you see skills...I'd rather draft Max Browne of the Trojans, and he hasn't taken 20 snaps yet...
Maybe in the second, maybe he improves...Still, top 10 hell no...15 on, maybe...his running is nice to look at, so is his deep ball, but everything else, meh....

So what your telling me is.......he is a Kraperdoodle clone?

Athos

Legend
I thought about Hundley, then I jumped off that ship super quick. Doesn't seem like a very cerebral QB. You'd think he'd have better passing stats playing against the competition he does.

No to Shameis Winston. Mariota is still the only 1st round QB I take.

reggae

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wouldn't waste a 4th on Winston. He'll sign his contract from solitary.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The oline definitely is a problem, but I still have the same concerns as you do. I've only seen him in about 5 games this year. There is potential.

No love for Cody Kessler? I like him better than Hundley from the small sample size I have seen.

Ramathon

I'd be willing to bet that Winston goes before Mariota, going off what we know now. Things can change but that's how I see it. The only thing Winston has against him is that sexual assault allegation and no one can get a clear answer on what happened. If the Rams don't pick first, I don't see Winston happening.

That's the worst of the concerns, for sure. But it's not the only thing. Shoplifting crab legs by itself is a little disturbing, but not a BIG deal. Standing on a table top in the student union and shouting obscenities is even less so. But take the sum total of all, and it's the pattern of behavior that raises eyebrows. At the least it shouts 'young & dumb' and/or 'entitled athlete thinks he's above it all'. He may well grow out of such immaturity, but when...when's he's 22-23...or 30...or.....never.(??)

A lot will hinge on the outcome of the assault charge, but the pattern of behavior certainly makes it possible any number of teams might pass on him early in the 1st round.

Rams0307

The only QB I'd take in the 1st round is Winston, and if it checks out his character concerns are overblown, I'd be all in on him. Not sold on Hundley. He does hold the ball too long and I always come away wanting more.