I Was Wrong About Pead

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Yeah. Ace.
Arguably our best (non-returner) special teams player, per Fisher.
No not even close Reynolds, Bates, Watts, and Alexander are better. Fisher lied if he said that or he was drunk.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I think that Pead will be back in the Fish's dog house and won't get another touch unless all of the other RBs are dead!
I hate players that make you hold your breath every time they have the ball because they fumble so much!
Yeah! Im talking about you too, Terry Metcalf!

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
Yea, Pead is going to get cut. His ball security issues are just too great...even with his improvement as a runner.

Gotta agree. I don't think the light is even screwed in let alone will it ever "come on".

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I dislike seeing a post that he almost lost us the game. Hello, we WON. Would you say that to him personally? Yeah we had some fuck up moments i.e who let Foles get hammered on the CB blitz etc. Sorry this shit gets so old to me. RBs will fumble, damn man. Sick of the whining bitches.

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil
I would cut him tomorrow and bring in Brown. Pead gives you nothing... If he brings out the kick you know he isnt getting to the 20. You can pick up anyone of any practice squad and they are already better than Pead.

Shit, I can catch the ball in the endzone and kneel it down. Cut him tonight. IMO, he brings no positive value to the team. He's had multiple opportunities to prove his worth... Sorry IP, you haven't done that yet.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I was pulling for Pead too, but thay fumble was just unacceptable. Also, why in hell he is taking out kicks instead of Benny is clearly waaaay over my head, was Benny not first in the NFC in average kick return yards last year?

Oh well, was nice to know you Isaiah, but he's gonna have to show a lot to get back in my good books at least.
Fatigue man. Pead was put in when Cunningham needed a break. I'm guessing the coaches had enough of what they saw from Austin dancing at the line of scrimmage. I know I was thinking it, and wishing they would give Pead a shot.

Then they did, and I shouted Pead! He jumps through the hole with authority for what looked like 7 yards and fumbles, then I shouted Pead again, cause he messes up as soon as he gets his chance.

Now I'm not criticizing any of them, Austin made some great plays, and wow did Cunningham show up to play today! Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses, but everyone stepped up, including Pead who kept a cool head on ST instead of trying to make up for the fumble out of desperation.

But this team is going to really open up some eyes when we get Mason and Gurley on the field.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
No you weren't...Pead is Peading...I don't crucify guys for fumbles..Check my Avi, guy was a known fumbler, but look out when he got rolling....
Clearly...read every comment, and most seem to think he's the only guy that made a mistake today...We overcame the mistakes, and will only get better....So will Pead...
And yes, he's one of our best ST players..Think he's on every one except FG's & Xtra point team...Every single one...Fish doesn't have to lie about that...I costs NOTHING to cut the 4th string RB...And if he'd gotten some more carries, I bet he'd have ran for over 100 yards....Easy. Watch him next game. Tre has a hammy issue, he'll probably be out for 2 more weeks...or rather doesn't play for 2 weeks.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I'm torn at what to think about Pead. I would agree that he is on thin ice. If Pead has anything at all, he should know he has three games to show it. Because when Watts is back and Mason and Gurley are back from injury, he doesn't sniff the field probably. If he has any fight in him we will see it by the bye week. Then again, not every team has an Earl Thomas who can come make that hit on you.

VinnyRam

UDFA
He's not the only one to make a mistake today.... However, he never makes any great plays and most plays are usually bad and I dont buy this special team stuff. If I were a betting man, I would put many $$$$$ that pead would have not run over 100 yards.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I've criticized Pead since day 1, I've just never seen anything out of him when it counts, it has always sickened me to hear everyone praise and overhype him.. I want him cut ASAP

If he fumbles at a crucial time I will cut him myself.

bskrilla

Starter
I'm torn at what to think about Pead. I would agree that he is on thin ice. If Pead has anything at all, he should know he has three games to show it. Because when Watts is back and Mason and Gurley are back from injury, he doesn't sniff the field probably. If he has any fight in him we will see it by the bye week. Then again, not every team has an Earl Thomas who can come make that hit on you.

I agree.

Part of me has to wonder if he isn't just suffering from some of the most terrible, awful ridiculous luck. Yah he's fumbled a few times, but good lord he's only gotten the chance to run it a dozen or so times. Is it possible that maybe the defense has just made incredible plays those few times that he's fumbled?

And then last year. He's looking great in preseason and looks like a legit KR. And then tears his ACL on a normal cut... I mean shit. The kid just can't catch a break to save his life.

I'm sure that he bears a fair amount of responsibilty for his fumbles, but beyond his own mistakes the kid just seems to have the gods conspiring against him.

Last edited:

jap

Legend
I agree.

Part of me has to wonder if he just isn't just suffering from some terrible awful ridiculous luck. Yah he's fumbled a few times, but good lord he's only gotten the chance to run it a dozen or so times. Is it possible that maybe the defense has just made incredible plays those few times that he's fumbled?

And then last year. He's looking great in preseason and looks like a legit KR. And then tears his ACL on a normal cut... I mean crap. The kid just can't catch a break to save his life.

I'm sure that he bears a fair amount of responsibilty for his fumbles, but beyond his own mistakes the kid just seems to have the gods conspiring against him.

The guy who punched the ball out was none other than Seattle's most valuable DB, Earl Thomas. Earl has a knack for making timely plays.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
He's not the only one to make a mistake today.... However, he never makes any great plays and most plays are usually bad and I dont buy this special team stuff. If I were a betting man, I would put many $$$$$ that pead would have not run over 100 yards.
Yeah, this. He wasn't nor will he be the only person to make mistakes on our team. That much is apparent, but others make up for their mistakes by helping out the team.

It's all about having pros that outweigh the cons, and Pead just doesn't outweigh his cons and never really has. He's nowhere near the tops of our return yardage and the few times he's been allowed to get touches he's fumbled it away.

Even if you like what he brings to the ST, Ray Ray was also an ST dynamo, but his stupid play and boneheadedness didn't save him from getting cut because what little he provided didn't make up for what he was taking. So far in Pead's career neither as he, so why shouldn't he be held to the same standard if not higher than a UDFA?

Sometimes being a preseason dandy isn't going to cut it.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
..And if he'd gotten some more carries, I bet he'd have ran for over 100 yards....Easy. Watch him next game.
LOL no way Lachamp46 he gets 100 yards! Remember when you said he was better and surpassed Benny. Sorry bro I luv u man but you have a crazy man crush on pead. I will say this if he gets another chance I will cheer for him to do well because I'm a Rams first but I really hope he doesn't play anymore.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
I dislike seeing a post that he almost lost us the game. Hello, we WON. Would you say that to him personally? Yeah we had some freak up moments i.e who let Foles get hammered on the CB blitz etc. Sorry this crap gets so old to me. RBs will fumble, damn man. Sick of the whining bitches.

So sad you don't like when others call out a player. Get the hell over it. Yes I would say it to his face. As for you calling us out as whiney bitches grow up.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I never called YOU out, did I? Look back. I've been here a long ass time and saying to cut a player was brutal. I'll let the mods dictate my status now because I won't go further. BTW I also donate here so I like to contribute in a professional manner.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Well if everyone that messed up got cut we wouldn't have a team to field.I was just a mad as anyone when he fumbled but luckily it didn't cost us the game.I would keep him on a short leash he's still a good ST player who can play rb in a pinch. Now if he doesn't make plays on ST then yeah he's gotta go.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I was pulling for Pead too, but thay fumble was just unacceptable. Also, why in hell he is taking out kicks instead of Benny is clearly waaaay over my head, was Benny not first in the NFC in average kick return yards last year?

Oh well, was nice to know you Isaiah, but he's gonna have to show a lot to get back in my good books at least.

You don't have your starting RB bringing out kicks. As long as Mason and Trey Watts are our and Gurley hasn't been brought in... then Cunningham is the starter and as such, you can't really have him doing ST work unless it's special, like Faulk during the Super Bowl.