I want Mariota what will it take?/Announces he will enter draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Did Mariota get the job done tonight?
The one thing that was telling to me is how he responded when it was all on the line. A make or break 4th down play and he overthrew an open receiver. Ball wasn't even close to catchable. I would consider that a red flag.

He had an overall good game and his receivers weren't helping him with the drops. But I got the feeling he's not clutch. Probably hasn't had to be most of his career.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The one thing that was telling to me is how he responded when it was all on the line. A make or break 4th down play and he overthrew an open receiver. Ball wasn't even close to catchable. I would consider that a red flag.

He had an overall good game and his receivers weren't helping him with the drops. But I got the feeling he's not clutch. Probably hasn't had to be most of his career.

That was after several drops by the WRs and the shoulder injury. Dude probably would have won that game if the WRs weren't dropping wide open passes all night and when they were catching them somebody was holding or something.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't know, getting a good education is important, he's young!

I'm of the mindset that if your gonna be a fairly high draft pick (round 1-4) you've got to come out and make your money while you can. You don't know whats gonna happen the next year in college you could have a career ending injury or one that severely hurts your draft stock. If this kid has an agent and the agent has any brains he will be pushing him to enter this weak QB draft class.

FRO

Legend
To me it makes more sense for Jones to declare than it does for him to return. While he may have to take a pay cut going from Ohio State to the NFL, he would receive better training in the pros. Urban Meyer didn't even try to fix Tim Tebow. Meyer is about winning college games, nothing wrong with that at all. Second, he may not start at osu next year. He could transfer and sit out a year. He could transfer to a small school and play right away. Keep in mind he is already 22 so sitting out a year or being a bench player only hurts him. I think he should and will go pro.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/14/marcus-mariota-to-announce-for-nfl-draft-today/

Marcus Mariota announces he’ll enter the NFL draft
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 14, 2015

mariota1.jpg
Getty Images

As expected, Oregon’s Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback Marcus Mariota is entering the 2015 NFL draft.

Mariota made the announcement today.

“After meeting with my family I have decided to forego my final year of eligibility and apply for the 2015 NFL Draft,” Mariota said.

It’s possible that Mariota could go to Tampa Bay as the first overall pick in the draft, but there are questions about whether he has what it takes to be an NFL pocket passer. Some see Mariota as less a pro prospect than a function of Oregon’s offense.

Mariota and Florida State’s Jameis Winston will surely be the first two quarterbacks taken in this year’s draft. We’ll debate for the next three months which one of them is the better fit for the NFL, and whether either of them is the quarterback of the future in Tampa Bay.