I want Mariota what will it take?/Announces he will enter draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
If Cam Newton can start one year at Auburn and go #1 overall, Jones is a first round pick for sure. That is, if he doesn't screw up the pre-draft interviews.

Last edited:

Athos

Legend
This kid isn't playing like a raw prospect........and he's faced 3 straight elite teams.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nothing. He might even be on the board at #10. Jones is the guy I want. He's looking like Cam Newton out there.

We gotta convince him to declare. Lets go, Memphis. Gotta catch a plane. ;)

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm coming around too Jones is insanely talented. Got everything you would want skill wise. Guy is playing like a first rounder. Might have to trade back into the first to get him. Can't see Fisher taking him at 10. Maybe a trade down and draft him

Memphis Ram

Legend
I'm coming around too Jones is insanely talented. Got everything you would want skill wise. Guy is playing like a first rounder. Might have to trade back into the first to get him. Can't see Fisher taking him at 10. Maybe a trade down and draft him

I can.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
If there was a chance in hell that Urban Meyer and his family would ever let him consider going to the pros, I would take him in a heartbeat. What is this guys freakin track record now?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If there was a chance in hell that Urban Meyer and his family would ever let him consider going to the pros, I would take him in a heartbeat. What is this guys freakin track record now?

Urban would be that guy. Rather than look out for the kid.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
If anything this game is cooling me on Mariota. He is ok but has not looked good against this defense. Some bad throws forcing the ball a couple of times and they show what will happen if he tries to run too much in the NFL.

Let's not over reach for any of the QBs in this draft class

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath
Assuming Winston is the 1st pick and Mariota falls to the jags what would we have to give up to get him? An RG3 type deal? If we can fix the Oline in free agency resigning barkesdale and getting a center and guard (lots of quality guys this year) I,m starting to think I'd give up a first this year and next or possibly our 1st second and 3rd this year. Dude is Russel Wilson 5 inches taller and more talented. Our defense is there and only getting better with experience. We've got the skill positions loaded with talent just fix the Oline and do whatever we got to do to get Mariota and I think were playoff bound. Get Shannahan in here he will know how to use him and watch this team dominate!
We need to fix our line thru the draft and stop picking up other teams rejects.We've been doing that for years and look at the mess.Mariota is a system QB and whether he's that answer or not is academic if he or any quarterback plays behind a patchwork line.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Assuming Winston is the 1st pick and Mariota falls to the jags what would we have to give up to get him? An RG3 type deal? If we can fix the Oline in free agency resigning barkesdale and getting a center and guard (lots of quality guys this year) I,m starting to think I'd give up a first this year and next or possibly our 1st second and 3rd this year. Dude is Russel Wilson 5 inches taller and more talented. Our defense is there and only getting better with experience. We've got the skill positions loaded with talent just fix the Oline and do whatever we got to do to get Mariota and I think were playoff bound. Get Shannahan in here he will know how to use him and watch this team dominate!

Too much.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Did Mariota get the job done tonight?
The one thing that was telling to me is how he responded when it was all on the line. A make or break 4th down play and he overthrew an open receiver. Ball wasn't even close to catchable. I would consider that a red flag. He had an overall good game and his receivers weren't helping him with the drops. But I got the feeling he's not clutch. Probably hasn't had to be most of his career.