I want Cordy Glenn!!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
One thing for-sure is Assistant HC Kromer knows Glenn inside out. Glenn will make $14.45 million this season if he’s on the Bills’ roster, and the team will pay him $11.1 million if they decide to move on. So that means his contract status for 2018: signed; $14.45 million cap hit ($11.1 million dead cap figure if released). Glenn is a little 3 months younger than Saffold. Glenn will be 29 yrs old on 9/18/18. Glenn has had back to back seasonal surgeries too. Bottom line he has a very damaged foot!

I believe it's highly unlikely that Glenn will be released due to that cap hit. I also think that Glenn's days @ LT are over he will move either to RT or LG in 2018. Thus I also think he will not be traded due to the medical concerns.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dude you don't come across players like him often you need to think outside the box. He can start over brown right now and if there is an injury to Whitworth or you sit Whitworth for rest like last year. He can play guard right now and it provides you such versatility now and next year in the way of Saffold leaving via FA or getting hurt Whitworth getting hurt or reitiring and if you decide to use cap money next year on brown who should come much cheaper than Saffold than you have Glenn if Whithworth retires you have Glenn if you acquired him now Brown becomes the back up not Glenn. So I'd definitely invest it provide multiple options.
Think out of the box?
No dude, you have to realize there is a thing called the salary cap and you can’t be paying guys 11 mill to ride pine.
Play him at guard? For one, when has he ever played guard and two, what’s the net gain over Brown? Not enough to eat all that salary cap

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams aren't going to pay Gordy Glenn that much money to maybe rotate with our starting tackles.

We're not going to rotate tackles. Oline work best building chemistry. This isn't happening.

Lastly and most importantly Glenn isn't going to go to a team and not start suggesting otherwise is a pipe dream.

jap

Legend
The Rams aren't going to pay Gordy Glenn that much money to maybe rotate with our starting tackles.

We're not going to rotate tackles. Oline work best building chemistry. This isn't happening.

Lastly and most importantly Glenn isn't going to go to a team and not start suggesting otherwise is a pipe dream.

Hey! Some of us guys like dreaming about pipes! :dizzy::headexplosion::death:

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Think out of the box?
No dude, you have to realize there is a thing called the salary cap and you can’t be paying guys 11 mill to ride pine.
Play him at guard? For one, when has he ever played guard and two, what’s the net gain over Brown? Not enough to eat all that salary cap

Dude really salary cap like no one is aware of that???? Two check your facts he played both guard positions in college started as a guard more times than at left tackle I understand he has only played left tackle in the nfl but his skill set is to play anywhere on the line except center. The guy is good so the net gain is a better player who can play now and basically play all positions if needed very skillfully. Just cause the Rams made it through without injury on the line last year doesn't mean they will this year so he is starting the minute he is acquired now my big vision for him would be to step in for Whitworth pending injury retirement or drop off in play but Browns salary is that of a back up a solid one at that should Saffold get injured brown could step in it just covers a lot of bases makes the line interchangeable with Brown on the bench. His salary becomes not so astronomical when you see what other tackles are getting or guards like zeittler or let's see what Norwell gets. I get the cap arguement but having versatility like that and a really old left tackle who we have our fingers crossed he doesn't get hurt or start regressing its money well spent and that goes for most of our line being free agents next year. Can you imagine signing 3 very good lineman next year with the going rate what about the cap then? Havenstein get a franchise tag??????? I think not!!! Saffold brown neither so something like this is worth the money in my opinion.

nighttrain

Legend
I'd say no because he wont come to the Rams for free, be a trade, and his salary is and will be 39 mil for the next three years. The 39 mil is from @NFL.com
train

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dude really salary cap like no one is aware of that???? Two check your facts he played both guard positions in college started as a guard more times than at left tackle I understand he has only played left tackle in the nfl but his skill set is to play anywhere on the line except center. The guy is good so the net gain is a better player who can play now and basically play all positions if needed very skillfully. Just cause the Rams made it through without injury on the line last year doesn't mean they will this year so he is starting the minute he is acquired now my big vision for him would be to step in for Whitworth pending injury retirement or drop off in play but Browns salary is that of a back up a solid one at that should Saffold get injured brown could step in it just covers a lot of bases makes the line interchangeable with Brown on the bench. His salary becomes not so astronomical when you see what other tackles are getting or guards like zeittler or let's see what Norwell gets. I get the cap arguement but having versatility like that and a really old left tackle who we have our fingers crossed he doesn't get hurt or start regressing its money well spent and that goes for most of our line being free agents next year. Can you imagine signing 3 very good lineman next year with the going rate what about the cap then? Havenstein get a franchise tag??????? I think not!!! Saffold brown neither so something like this is worth the money in my opinion.
First of all, settle down.
Second of all, make a coherent statement. Are you suggesting that he be signed to play guard? Then say THAT. You keep re-emphasizing that he can play in different spots, which is a luxury the Rams cant afford.
Instead of making snarky comments about the salary cap, maybe make an informed post about it. The Rams from what I gather have about 37 mill in cap space and haven't re-signed Donald yet, and need Linebacker and Dline depth along with needing to sign their rookies. Oh and we just basically lost Watkins so are looking for a WR.
Yeah, back up Oline is a luxury I'd love to have, but a 12 mill cap hit just cant be afforded.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Staying for $14M?

First of all, settle down.
Second of all, make a coherent statement. Are you suggesting that he be signed to play guard? Then say THAT. You keep re-emphasizing that he can play in different spots, which is a luxury the Rams cant afford.
Instead of making snarky comments about the salary cap, maybe make an informed post about it. The Rams from what I gather have about 37 mill in cap space and haven't re-signed Donald yet, and need Linebacker and Dline depth along with needing to sign their rookies. Oh and we just basically lost Watkins so are looking for a WR.
Yeah, back up Oline is a luxury I'd love to have, but a 12 mill cap hit just cant be afforded.

Ok so first off don't tell people to settle down don't tell anyone anything it's a board and we post what we want. Stop making yourself out to be a Rams executive. We are all one here giving our opinions as to who or what we want and half the fun is everyone trying to figure out who fits best where and we all have opinions. Number two offensive line depth isn't really a luxury it's a necessity if you choose to live in lala land and think the Rams will scoot on by this season injury free with the same line and Whitworth fingers crossed staying healthy or not regressing due to age then you should become more informed pal. Third as much as I'd want Watkins and as much as we have searched for a number one for years with the emergence of Kupp and woods as well as some others and maybe a signing like a Richardson type would probably work, but last I checked having a lot of good wideouts is more of a luxury than having a fuctional offensive line with depth. And before you get your panties in a bunch again I understand what Sammy means to this offense but he can be replaced. Can you really say the same about Whitworth or basically any of our offensive line???? Don't think so.....and if you want to talk to me about football let's talk football like men don't get pissy don't tell people how they should post or try and attack other people's opinion you can have a difference of opinion but go about t like a man.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok so first off don't tell people to settle down don't tell anyone anything it's a board and we post what we want. Stop making yourself out to be a Rams executive. We are all one here giving our opinions as to who or what we want and half the fun is everyone trying to figure out who fits best where and we all have opinions. Number two offensive line depth isn't really a luxury it's a necessity if you choose to live in lala land and think the Rams will scoot on by this season injury free with the same line and Whitworth fingers crossed staying healthy or not regressing due to age then you should become more informed pal. Third as much as I'd want Watkins and as much as we have searched for a number one for years with the emergence of Kupp and woods as well as some others and maybe a signing like a Richardson type would probably work, but last I checked having a lot of good wideouts is more of a luxury than having a fuctional offensive line with depth. And before you get your panties in a bunch again I understand what Sammy means to this offense but he can be replaced. Can you really say the same about Whitworth or basically any of our offensive line???? Don't think so.....and if you want to talk to me about football let's talk football like men don't get pissy don't tell people how they should post or try and attack other people's opinion you can have a difference of opinion but go about t like a man.
Ok then have fun talking to yourself.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Come on, you got to try harder than that. If you are trying to be insulting, that's pretty weak sauce

I'm sorry I guess it wasn't as good as your 3 year old pout comment of "have fun talking to yourself"
Bottom line don't be like a bad rash you couldn't hack a reg conversation without being a wise ass so just disappear now we have nothing further to discuss plain and simple

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
His cap hit would be too high for where he would be playing, we still have to sign multiple free agents and our draft class (10 picks as of now) PLUS re-sign Donald this off season preferably, then Gurley, then Goff. That’s alot of money to give to an OL who hasn’t stayed healthy as of late, and to only put him at RG... just my opinion.

We have greater needs as of now, NT, ILB, 2 OLBS, WR, C, and potentially even TE Before I would even address the G position as it was in good shape last year. We can add much cheaper depth.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm sorry I guess it wasn't as good as your 3 year old pout comment of "have fun talking to yourself"
Bottom line don't be like a bad rash you couldn't hack a reg conversation without being a wise ass so just disappear now we have nothing further to discuss plain and simple
I can have conversation, but since you were acting like a petulant child, I treated you as such.
If you feel like conversing, feel free to reply to my post where I explained my opinions why it was a bad idea.
Or you can keep slinging insults.
Its cool either way

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
His cap hit would be too high for where he would be playing, we still have to sign multiple free agents and our draft class (10 picks as of now) PLUS re-sign Donald this off season preferably, then Gurley, then Goff. That’s alot of money to give to an OL who hasn’t stayed healthy as of late, and to only put him at RG... just my opinion.

We have greater needs as of now, NT, ILB, 2 OLBS, WR, C, and potentially even TE Before I would even address the G position as it was in good shape last year. We can add much cheaper depth.

I agree with everything you said 100% but what I was saying is only that he makes the line better and we are being almost neglectful of the offensive line for years we stuff led to put a line together Glenn is a very good LT when healthy and still would be better at guard than brown but brown Havenstein and Saffold will need to all be resigned this year or next year none of them are worth a franchise tag obviously and having Glenn or someone of his caliber allows you to play well and have major flexibility especially for injury and for sure for next year. Again my biggest concern is health of the line depth and Whitworth think about if he goes down what does that mean for Gurley and more importantly what does that do for Goff and his progression ....if his blind side isn't safe and he starts to struggle lose confidence how quick do those bust comments come back not to mention if Whitworth would go down you have a LT at 14 mill this year 11 mill the next and 9 mil after I think, but that becomes a bargain. I appreciate you talking football though like a football dude not like a bitch lolol

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I can have conversation, but since you were acting like a petulant child, I treated you as such.
If you feel like conversing, feel free to reply to my post where I explained my opinions why it was a bad idea.
Or you can keep slinging insults.
Its cool either way

I believe it was you who talked down to people but yes I'm always open to discuss football if you want adult to adult not start a conversation with telling another adult to settle down behind a keyboard that's what started it off wrong but all good bro.