I think Snead could conceivably go in almost ANY direction at #37...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Always...and want to double down on percentage of actual 2017 contribution too...LOLOLOL:mrburnsevil::rolllaugh:
How you feelin today Champ? Still thinking we go 7rds
without a WR picked or were you hittin the sauce earlier?:fuelfire: :boxing:....... :whistle:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Honestly, it's almost impossible to predict exactly which direction Snead and McVay will go in at #37.

Or maybe they'll even trade down a bit if they get a tempting offer. I think I might.

After reading interesting articles and mocks for weeks, I've come to a conclusion.

Only a handful of positions can be completely ruled out at #37.

QB
RB
P
PK

That's about it, don't you think? Strictly at #37 and depending on who might fall?

So, that means that S&M (kinda kinky the first time I typed it) have a virtually wide open field from which to pick. Literally 19-20 different possible positions. Absolutely no reason for a reach there of any kind.

I trust that they will get a good one.

Your crazy if you eliminate RB . If a couple RB's were to slip . The Rams could even trade up to get that player.I see 3 for sure in this draft I'd trade up for.
--Dunbar is on a 1 year contract & Gurley had knee surgery a couple years ago already .

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Your crazy if you eliminate RB . If a couple RB's were to slip . The Rams could even trade up to get that player.I see 3 for sure in this draft I'd trade up for.
--Dunbar is on a 1 year contract & Gurley had knee surgery a couple years ago already .

The Rams aren't trading up for a RB. He's not crazy to basically eliminate RBs. Gurley's knee injury from 2014 is pretty much irrelevant at this point. We're not moving on from Gurley, and with our passing game needs, adding a HB at #37 doesn't make any sense.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
The Rams aren't trading up for a RB. He's not crazy to basically eliminate RBs. Gurley's knee injury from 2014 is pretty much irrelevant at this point. We're not moving on from Gurley, and with our passing game needs, adding a HB at #37 doesn't make any sense.

There's some talk around other forums about Gurley... a lot view him as "Trent Richardson 2.0"

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
He's much more likely Jerome Bettis 2.0. I feel very confident that the Rams see his value.

Oh agreed! I find it kind of ridiculous and insulting that he's being referred to as such. Last year was atrocious on so many levels.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
If for some dumb reason Christian McCaffery is there for the taking, the Rams should take him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If for some dumb reason Christian McCaffery is there for the taking, the Rams should take him.

He won't be, so there's no reason to ponder it. But if I considered it, it wouldn't be taking him as a HB.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If any of the top 3 RB's are there The Rams would draft one.
Say what you want. Explosion is at a RB position . I Yeah right on 32 OJ Simpson was a special RB.

Believe what you want .

McCaffery & Cook will be gone ,but for some odd reason your not counting them out for Kupp & Engram. The Rams would trade up at some point for one of them.

Spruce is looking real good right now.He put in some hard work ,as well as Wood.

ACTUALLY you make me Lmao . To say your going to rule out that position at 37 . LMAO

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If any of the top 3 RB's are there The Rams would draft one.
Say what you want. Explosion is at a RB position . I Yeah right on 32 OJ Simpson was a special RB.

Believe what you want .

The Rams won't draft one. Just like the Rams won't draft a QB if one of the top ones fall. Jeff Fisher isn't running the show anymore. He's the only guy who might actually draft a HB in this situation (I have a feeling he's been itching to try his two HB offense...it involves two HBs, seven OLs, and two TEs).

We already have an explosive HB. He was a top 10 pick in 2015 and rookie of the year.

McCaffery & Cook will be gone ,but for some odd reason your not counting them out for Kupp & Engram. The Rams would trade up at some point for one of them.

You find it suspect that I'm not counting out the Rams drafting a WR when we desperately need WRs, but I am counting out the Rams drafting a HB when we have no need for a HB? That's surprising to you?

Spruce is looking real good right now.He put in some hard work ,as well as Wood.

Spruce is a former UDFA who couldn't get on the field due to injuries. He hasn't shown anything yet.

ACTUALLY you make me Lmao . To say your going to rule out that position at 37 . LMAO

I'm glad that I amuse you. I'll go a step further. I won't just rule out one position; I'll rule out FIVE positions. The Rams will not draft a QB, HB, FB, K, or P at #37. Book it.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Curtis Samuel?

Not saying in a trade up......or even at #37. A trade down about 10 spots?

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If a RB drops, which the top 2 or 3 won't, then we field calls to add a pick or two unless a wr/te we want is there.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Curtis Samuel?

Not saying in a trade up......or even at #37. A trade down about 10 spots?

Nothing will surprise me, but wouldn't he feel just like Tavon Austin to you? Seems like we already have Austin for that role.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
McVay keeps talking about weapons for Goff. If he is serious then it will be a pass catcher in round 2 or 3.

But the tried and true template in the NFL for straightening out a team is always - FIX THE DEFENSE FIRST! The idea is that if you keep the scores closer your team will have a better opportunity to win, even if the offense is not great.

The switch to a 3/4 is costly because they no longer have the right pieces. They need Corners, and Lbers, maybe a safety.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I think his player list is partially based on speculation and putting the pieces together. The Rams are not telling Chad Forbes who they want to move into round 1 for. If they do move into round 1 and it is to take Pocic, I will be more than disappointed. They had Feeney in for a visit, ditto Beigel. I doubt they need to move into round 1 for Beigel. Most teams could use Ross or Engram. They are no brainers for Ram interest.

I am sure Snead is exploring all options but I think he just stands pat. Tru was their main attempt at being able to get ammunition to move up. I thought we would here a few other names on the block by now but we haven't so it seems that he will be standing pat this year or making a small move or so.

Todd59

Rookie
Although I expect a WR or CB as the pick at #37, I'm a pretty firm believer that you can't pass up great talent for good talent just because it fits a need. If a player that is high on your board falls to 37, you draft him or trade out and get better value for a need-based pick.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The Rams won't draft one. Just like the Rams won't draft a QB if one of the top ones fall. Jeff Fisher isn't running the show anymore. He's the only guy who might actually draft a HB in this situation (I have a feeling he's been itching to try his two HB offense...it involves two HBs, seven OLs, and two TEs).

We already have an explosive HB. He was a top 10 pick in 2015 and rookie of the year.

You find it suspect that I'm not counting out the Rams drafting a WR when we desperately need WRs, but I am counting out the Rams drafting a HB when we have no need for a HB? That's surprising to you?

Spruce is a former UDFA who couldn't get on the field due to injuries. He hasn't shown anything yet.

I'm glad that I amuse you. I'll go a step further. I won't just rule out one position; I'll rule out FIVE positions. The Rams will not draft a QB, HB, FB, K, or P at #37. Book it.

I'll say Kupp has not proved anything.Spruuce was on the verge of proving something before he got injured. He was showing up on special teams as well. -- His PAC 12 numbers speak volumes. His body of work since last season do as well. -- It will show up in the face of Ram fans either way. Truth is he was a fan favorite in the preseason.

I wasn't sold either. It took on its own phenomenon. Which is crazy and unexpected