I think Snead could conceivably go in almost ANY direction at #37...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If a RB drops, which the top 2 or 3 won't, then we field calls to add a pick or two unless a wr/te we want is there.

You guys seem to think The Rams won't draft a RB . I sort of disagree.

Where is The Depth ?? I do really like Aaron Green & in that case Love how yoked Spruuuce is coming in. I swear I didn't get caught up into him at all.I did see him in special teams drills flying down field going wow that guy was moving. Pure hustle.
Then when he won that preseason game with Mannion on a comeback victory . Those are priceless moments, of course he has to prove himself week in & week out. Bottom line though is he got hurt , & just came to work everyday since. He has a lot to prove & wants to be great. His body of work speaks volumes at this point to me.The guy strives to get better & has great work ethic. He just makes plays & doesn't quit on the play or his QB. Playsntonthe whistle & he showed that.

I like Copper as well , & Thomas runs good routes . They had shakey times to say the least.Another year & new coaching staff might make a big difference.

I know McVay wants weapons & a pass catching TE is probably the biggest need for The Rams. So a trade back would be possible ?? I still think best player available & to say The Rams won't draft a RB at any point in the draft is insane. There has to be a point of best player & depth at RB is needed . Like I said Dunbar is only on a 1 year contract. Gurley could go down at any point. You had to have seen that play when he was at Georgia !!

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Nothing will surprise me, but wouldn't he feel just like Tavon Austin to you? Seems like we already have Austin for that role.

Yes, he'd be a lot like Tavon. Only cheaper.

McVay keeps talking about weapons for Goff. If he is serious then it will be a pass catcher in round 2 or 3.

But the tried and true template in the NFL for straightening out a team is always - FIX THE DEFENSE FIRST! The idea is that if you keep the scores closer your team will have a better opportunity to win, even if the offense is not great.

The switch to a 3/4 is costly because they no longer have the right pieces. They need Corners, and Lbers, maybe a safety.

True. I'm expecting a pass catcher of some sort and a defender with the first two. I'd love to see some wheeling and dealing, drop a few slots, pick up another pick to be part of a package to move back into the third for someone who drops. It doesn't matter to me......just get intelligent football talent with each choice.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You guys seem to think The Rams won't draft a RB . I sort of disagree.

Where is The Depth ?? I do really like Aaron Green & in that case Love how yoked Spruuuce is coming in. I swear I didn't get caught up into him at all.I did see him in special teams drills flying down field going wow that guy was moving. Pure hustle.
Then when he won that preseason game with Mannion on a comeback victory . Those are priceless moments, of course he has to prove himself week in & week out. Bottom line though is he got hurt , & just came to work everyday since. He has a lot to prove & wants to be great. His body of work speaks volumes at this point to me.The guy strives to get better & has great work ethic. He just makes plays & doesn't quit on the play or his QB. Playsntonthe whistle & he showed that.

I like Copper as well , & Thomas runs good routes . They had shakey times to say the least.Another year & new coaching staff might make a big difference.

I know McVay wants weapons & a pass catching TE is probably the biggest need for The Rams. So a trade back would be possible ?? I still think best player available & to say The Rams won't draft a RB at any point in the draft is insane. There has to be a point of best player & depth at RB is needed . Like I said Dunbar is only on a 1 year contract. Gurley could go down at any point. You had to have seen that play when he was at Georgia !!

Now you're kinda moving the goal posts, So Ram.

Nobody is saying that they won't draft a RB in this draft.

Just not at #37.

This thread is about multiplicity of possible positions to be picked by the Rams at #37.

It's a short list, man. But RB is one of the four. ESPECIALLY after reading how impressive Gurley has been in minicamp.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, he'd be a lot like Tavon. Only cheaper.

We're locked into Tavon for at least 2017. We need help at WR. No reason to spend our first pick drafting his replacement. We might as well draft a complement.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll say Kupp has not proved anything.Spruuce was on the verge of proving something before he got injured. He was showing up on special teams as well. -- His PAC 12 numbers speak volumes. His body of work since last season do as well. -- It will show up in the face of Ram fans either way. Truth is he was a fan favorite in the preseason.

I wasn't sold either. It took on its own phenomenon. Which is crazy and unexpected

Kupp is a draft prospect. He hasn't had a chance to prove anything. Spruce is a guy that no NFL team wanted to draft. He then did nothing as a rookie due to injuries. The Rams aren't going to draft as if Spruce is the answer to our prayers at WR.

If Spruce is the answer to our prayers at WR, great, you can never have too many good WRs.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We're locked into Tavon for at least 2017. We need help at WR. No reason to spend our first pick drafting his replacement. We might as well draft a complement.

"I really like Tavon. He's so good!....dude's a rocket!"
~Ram's #37 pick, Ethan Pocic

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Now you're kinda moving the goal posts, So Ram.

Nobody is saying that they won't draft a RB in this draft.

Just not at #37.

This thread is about multiplicity of possible positions to be picked by the Rams at #37.

It's a short list, man. But RB is one of the four. ESPECIALLY after reading how impressive Gurley has been in minicamp.

Offensive tackle won't be a position taken either at #37 for sure . They need playmakers more than anything .It's a weak class for offensive lineman !!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Kupp is a draft prospect. He hasn't had a chance to prove anything. Spruce is a guy that no NFL team wanted to draft. He then did nothing as a rookie due to injuries. The Rams aren't going to draft as if Spruce is the answer to our prayers at WR.

If Spruce is the answer to our prayers at WR, great, you can never have too many good WRs.

Agree , but there are risk in the draft . I think Spruce is better than you give him credit for & give Kupp such a high value.
Anyway the draft is almost here . I'm sure will have better opinions then.Right now it's all up in the air.
I do know Spruce is a Ram & look forward to seeing him compete & get better every day. It's we not me , so it's going to take a lot of talent to get better.

Rambo

UDFA
I'Il take a wild guess. For WR I say they take Cooper Kupp or Chris Godwin.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agree , but there are risk in the draft . I think Spruce is better than you give him credit for & give Kupp such a high value.
Anyway the draft is almost here . I'm sure will have better opinions then.Right now it's all up in the air.
I do know Spruce is a Ram & look forward to seeing him compete & get better every day. It's we not me , so it's going to take a lot of talent to get better.

There are risks no matter what player we pick. However, relying on a UDFA who hasn't made a catch in his career is about as risky as it gets. I like Spruce, but the odds are stacked against him. There's no reason this team should treat him as if he's earned a roster spot, much less as if he's filled our need at WR.