I think I'd like Fisher to take a look at VY again

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Rambitious1 said:
smram said:
As a backup QB. Not sure if the terminology would directly translate from the titans to what Schotty does but c'mon, this guy had to be an upgrade to Clemens (not Clemons or Clemmons lol). I realize there is a history with fisher (not fischer) and Bud Adams and drafting this guy, possibly to Fisher's demise or at least conflict with the owner.

Uh no.

SMRAM, you do realize that the only connection VY has with Fisher is that Fisher's owner Bud Adams made Fisher draft him against Fisher's will, then made Fisher play him, again, against Fisher's will. I'm sure the friction between Bud Adams and Fisher grew more intense with this disagreement, which probably led to Fisher leaving Tenn. However, that being said.................I just say no to VY.

I just don't see how exchanging one bad back up QB for another one, does us any good.

I would be shocked if Fisher brought in VY.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
EastRam said:
I would be shocked if Fisher brought in VY.

I'd be equally shocked if Young accepted , I sorta think with all that's been said about Adams drafting Young OVER Fisher's protests yada etc. Young may decide to retire rather than play for Fisher again.

IMO a part of Youngs "problem" is an unrealistic view of himself, almost like his humility gene is missing or his real self confidence / esteem is so lacking that self reflection is too painful a process to deal with.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
ScotsRam said:
There are 3 good QBs in Houston, if they run with 2 I'd have either of the guys they cut loose over Clemens, Davis or Young.

Good point. Stephen McGee was just signed this year to their squad.

Someone like him has got to slip off a roster somewhere.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Too much bad road between Young and Fisher, but I would have loved to have seen Young brought in as a backup as I agree with Holmgren's take on backup QBs. His take was that due to the limited reps, a backup should have some mobility and be able to make something happen with their feet on broken plays.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
ScotsRam said:
There are 3 good QBs in Houston, if they run with 2 I'd have either of the guys they cut loose over Clemens, Davis or Young.

CGI_Ram said:
Good point. Stephen McGee was just signed this year to their squad.

Someone like him has got to slip off a roster somewhere.

Agreed I always liked McGee in Dallas, however, not sure the Rams go after him they could've had him previously. No way Vince Young will be back with Fisher that bridge has burned!

The key is to look for someone that Snead, Fisher or Schottenheimer has worked with and IMO maybe if they really are pressed you can see a possible deal although the Rams don't like trading draft choices a late round pick for someone they like as a back-up could be a good move. For example Rusty Smith of the Titans who Fisher drafted in 2010 or I still like Thad Lewis who is currently 4th string with the Lions.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
IF I THOUGHT this was "our year" I'd be pretty worked up about this, but considering all our skill players are average 2nd year maybe 2.3 years or so,I think even if we had the best backup QB in the biz unless he'd been here throughout training camp the chemistry wouldn't be there.
Again if I thought this was "our year", I'd offer Dallas a mid round choice for Kyle Orton .

I think our coaches still see this as a project, Fisher isn't on a three year or bust trajectory like our last two coaches we are attempting to build a dynastic team while putting butts in the seats ,we aren't going for third contract FA's ,second is as old as Snisher will go.

A magical year is possible,not sayin' it's not, but it's unlikely ,I just want a winning record and a few games where we blow some people out and my hope for Sam being injury free is more about his long term health than about our chances to get a Lombardi this year.