I think I'd like Fisher to take a look at VY again

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
As a backup QB. Not sure if the terminology would directly translate from the titans to what Schotty does but c'mon, this guy had to be an upgrade to Clemens (not Clemons or Clemmons lol). I realize there is a history with fisher (not fischer) and Bud Adams and drafting this guy, possibly to Fisher's demise or at least conflict with the owner.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
smram said:
As a backup QB. Not sure if the terminology would directly translate from the titans to what Schotty does but c'mon, this guy had to be an upgrade to Clemens (not Clemons or Clemmons lol). I realize there is a history with fisher and Bud Adams and drafting this guy, possibly to Fisher's demise or at least conflict with the owner.

(not Fischer)
I was shocked at how good he played after the lay off, but....He scares the hell out of me.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
DR RAM said:
smram said:
As a backup QB. Not sure if the terminology would directly translate from the titans to what Schotty does but c'mon, this guy had to be an upgrade to Clemens (not Clemons or Clemmons lol). I realize there is a history with fisher and Bud Adams and drafting this guy, possibly to Fisher's demise or at least conflict with the owner.

(not Fischer)
I was shocked at how good he played after the lay off, but....He scares the hell out of me.

Dr I totally get that but Clemens scares the hell out of me. Man, Clemens played lights out that last game of '11 against SF. He had me pretty excited about having something with him. I'm not typically a person fixated on the QB position, it's just an idea. I'm nervous about the backup QBs this year. Mainly because the Rams have finally built something here. Touch wood nothing happens but we're fucked completely if Bradford goes down. Don't get me wrong, I know there are other needs too. Just focusing on this one right now while watching VY for the second straight week. He also did ironically reach out to Fisher in the offseason

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
smram said:
DR RAM said:
smram said:

(not Fischer)

Dr I totally get that but Clemens scares the hell out of me. Man, Clemens played lights out that last game of '11 against SF. He had me pretty excited about having something with him. I'm not typically a person fixated on the QB position, it's just an idea. I'm nervous about the backup QBs this year. Mainly because the Rams have finally built something here. Touch wood nothing happens but we're fucked completely if Bradford goes down. Don't get me wrong, I know there are other needs too. Just focusing on this one right now while watching VY for the second straight week. He also did ironically reach out to Fisher in the offseason
Honestly, I am more open to taking him than you could imagine.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'd probably take him, unless Austin or Clemons do a complete 180, I really want to get a better backup QB.... A good backup QB is something you hope you never need, but you better have one

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
DR RAM said:
smram said:

(not Fischer)
I'm with you on that one Dr. I think he could possibly be a decent back-up but his entire history makes me a bit sketchy. Plus you have idiots on Ramstalk that will be wanting Bradford benched if he doesn't throw for 398 yards and 4 TD every game.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
brokeu91 said:
DR RAM said:
smram said:

(not Fischer)
I'm with you on that one Dr. I think he could possibly be a decent back-up but his entire history makes me a bit sketchy. Plus you have idiots on Ramstalk that will be wanting Bradford benched if he doesn't throw for 398 yards and 4 TD every game.

I understand what you are saying but I will boycott that site if they grab him and be grateful we have someone better than Clemens

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
I'm not in favor of signing any Back up QB that doesn't have some upside. That would include VY.

nighttrain

Legend
bluecoconuts said:
I'd probably take him, unless Austin or Clemons do a complete 180, I really want to get a better backup QB.... A good backup QB is something you hope you never need, but you better have one
:plus1:
and oh so difficult to come by, but Clemons aint it, and Davis, jeeesh
train

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
smram said:
As a backup QB. Not sure if the terminology would directly translate from the titans to what Schotty does but c'mon, this guy had to be an upgrade to Clemens (not Clemons or Clemmons lol). I realize there is a history with fisher (not fischer) and Bud Adams and drafting this guy, possibly to Fisher's demise or at least conflict with the owner.

Uh no.

SMRAM, you do realize that the only connection VY has with Fisher is that Fisher's owner Bud Adams made Fisher draft him against Fisher's will, then made Fisher play him, again, against Fisher's will. I'm sure the friction between Bud Adams and Fisher grew more intense with this disagreement, which probably led to Fisher leaving Tenn. However, that being said.................I just say no to VY.

I just don't see how exchanging one bad back up QB for another one, does us any good.

Simba

Rookie
albefree69 said:
I'm not in favor of signing any Back up QB that doesn't have some upside. That would include VY.
Agree.We can win just with Sam. If a backup QB is going to play we have no chances ... (Fisher's policy, maybe for the salary cap).

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
There are 3 good QBs in Houston, if they run with 2 I'd have either of the guys they cut loose over Clemens, Davis or Young.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd pass on VY. There will probably be a couple of QBs that don't make the cut that are better.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
smram said:
NONO NO NO NO. The man is s locker room cancer. And did you not see how horrible he was against our depth players