I rewatched the Lion game last night...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
He has, and that is the problem for me, but the leadership he still brings to a young team, and the willingness to keep throwing his body out there....

If not for the dead money, it would still be a tough decision for me. He is probably the greatest player ambassador for the Rams, currently.

A very good chance he could be named the Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year this year too... I was really hoping we'd turn things around and have a winner by the time either Chris or JL moved on or retired... still hoping.

Rainram

Starter
The more I think about the OLine...the more I think they're not far away.

GRob...making progress. Has it been frustrating? Yea. But he has been getting better. I have a feeling that some of his flaws will persist throughout his career. But I do think he will get there. He should be the LT of the future for us.
Havenstein - Solid.
Brown - Should come back great for us. Whether he plays LG or RG though...?? But he's a fixture.

That's 3/5ths of our line that should be good IMO.

Gotta think our starting Center and one other Guard are not on the roster at this point. But the depth is nice...Wichman, Reynolds (would be nice to keep him), Battle.

Psycho_X

Legend
The Lions game was one of the better by our offensive line as a whole in a long time. I didn't focus on Grob during it all that much but the improvement by the line as a whole was noticeable. But I'm not going to take back some of the horrible things I've seen from him this season. And most of it is simple technique issues. He's got the skills for sure. Hopefully this is a sign of things getting better.

Chris Long is playing injured and Fisher said as much several weeks ago. It's why William Hayes has been starting still and why he is getting a lot more snaps then when Long is healthy. Whether or not he is worth his price next season depends on a lot of things. Do we need the money for starting positions or a luxury backup like Fairley was this season? We already will have a lot of cap money and heck we currently have a lot of cap room. Why aren't we resigning players now? Point being his salary isn't a waste until we're unable to improve our team because of it. We've got a lot of space to burn before we'll need to consider it.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Yeah, I understand that. I'd rather he come back, hopefully uninjured, and play in the rotation. To be clear, I like him on the team, and I think he has a undetermined value. Maybe not the big money, but value in other ways, whether he plays or not, if he's on the team.

Edit: That special, Waterboy, that they just aired, teared up everybody on the TNF panel, is exactly what I mean....and the dude is a great team leader, and can play some football, when healthy. I predict a couple pressures tonight, and 1 1/2 sacks.

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Kudos to a D playing without the following:

Quinn
Ogletree
Jenkins
Gaines
McDonald

And with Long at only half strength. Hats off to GW.
I just can't help but Dream about what it would be like with these ^ 6 player all Healthy and in their!!:mrburnsevil:
Your right cudo's to GW!!(y)(y) and the rest of the D!!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I just can't help but Dream about what it would be like with these ^ 6 player all Healthy and in their!!:mrburnsevil:
Your right cudo's to GW!!(y)(y) and the rest of the D!!
Yes, and how about, only one, or two injuries to this young OL, and just average QB play. We'd be in the playoff hunt for sure, and trending up.

I still think we are trending up, because of how many of these crucial injuries we absorbed, and how very little support, to detriment, from the QB play, and offense.

Playoffs for the Rams next year! This is a Dr Ram, lock. Go Rams!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I power watched it, really. With special attention to GRob, Wichmann (in second half) on O and Long on D.

Mostly because of recent board thread interest.

I've gotta say that I think GRob has become something of a whipping boy by some board posters. His play was far better than some commentary I've read. To hear some posters and maybe PFF, you would think GRob was the dumbest, laziest, and most ineffective LOT in the league. My eyes told me otherwise as I watched every single snap of his in this game. Is he perfect? Of course not. But he's definitely improving right before our eyes.

I encourage the detractors to rewatch the game and his snaps, if possible. And objectively, without a predetermined agenda. Plus remember that he was up against Ansah all game long. Certainly no day at the beach. I came away after rewatching with new confidence that GRob has a big future at LOT (not OG) in this league.

Wichmann looks promising. His second half looked pretty danged good, if you ask me. We might have something there, especially after an offseason of NFL weight training.

Long, on the other hand, looks like he's done. Maybe he's hurt, I dunno. But he's only able to go through the motions right now. Hayes is much more effective. I can't justify paying Long anywhere close to the scheduled $14 million next year. Honestly, right now he's a JAG, just a shadow of his former self.

Some other random thoughts...

Our punt coverage team is very, very good. Just outstanding. Kekker is an All Pro, but it's more than just him. Bryant's play at the goal line was stellar. Constant downing the ball inside the 15 yard line. Forcing opponents to make fair catches. Nowhere for opponents to run if they don't call for the fair catch. It's a helluva punt coverage unit.

We are watching greatness in this Gurley kid. The vision, the power to break tackles, the football smarts, the desire even after being throttled in the 1st half... And I don't think he is quite 100% just yet. Just wait until next year. Lol.

Something positive is going on on our OL. Is it less zone and more man blocking? Increased experience and confidence? Simple halftime adjustments? Play calling by Boras? Extra effort because of a stud RB in their backfield? More faith in Keenum? Maybe a little bit of all of these things? I dunno, but I'm encouraged by what I'm now seeing.

Keenum did not have an impressive game statistically. But he reportedly made numerous good calls changing us into better plays at LOS. And that tells me he has at least a modest ability to read defenses. He may not be Tom Brady, but at least he doesn't beat himself as Foles was doing. Kinda refreshing after what we've been seeing since mid '13 season, huh? That's gotta be a morale positive influence, don't you think?

TruJo is a "must have" for this D. We absolutely, positively must resign Tru for next year. It would be a sin to develop him for 4 years only to let him walk away when he's playing at such a high level. I call this decision a no brainer.Kudos to a D playing without the following:
Quinn
Ogletree
Jenkins
Gaines
McDonald
And with Long at only half strength. Hats off to GW.

Yep agree with much of this...Like I have been saying GRob best position is @ OLT he is not a OG. He will make some very good blocks but still miss just as many. They will have to have a comprehensive plan to push him hard on the technical side of his game & have other Ram OLT's in line to step up if he refuses or regresses. The OLT post must NOT automatically his to claim.

Yep the rookie Wichmann/Havenstein right side duo looks promising. The 6-5 320 pound Cody Wichmann could diffidently use some more power to his game & has a great frame to put on some additional muscle this off season. I want Jamon Brown as our starting OLG.(y)

Agree fully with you on DE Chris Long. IMO any real positive thought as to Long being what we saw in 2013.....just very wishful thinking. Time to move on. Both starting back up DE's who will be UFA's have has some serious issues applying any pressure. They have only 3.5 sacks between them. Long has only 2 sacks & his last sack was back on October 4th,2015.

The mentioning of gunner safety Christian Bryant:). You could be looking at our future starting free safety. I have no issues with the Rams going into TC with a trio of 27 yr old Cody Davis,26 yr old Lamarcus Joyner & 24 yrs old Bryant.

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend
Part of Robinsons deal is when he has a bad play he tends to look really bad because he gets off balance....still just one play however.
I think he has improved from week 1 certainly.