I love the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We could all use some positivity around here. Let’s not forget this is the team we love and will follow through the depths of decades of irrelevancy. It’s easy to be down after loosing to the Jets or noticing inconsistencies but fuck it I made it through the dark years and frankly I’m loving the McVay era. Are we a perfect team? Of course not. But we are damn good and certainly much better than we have been in the recent past.

let’s try something and remember why we’re here...I figured it would be interesting to hear why or how y’all became rams fans so I’ll start..

I grew up a default cowboys fan because that’s who my dad liked. And by grew up I mean the first 8 years of my life before I really understood football. After I began to understand the game and enjoy it more I was no longer content liking a team just because it was my dads team I wanted my own. The year was 1999 and I turned on sports center and what I saw absolutely astonished me. More than anything I remember the magic of Marshall Faulk and the things he used to do on a football field. I remember Warner, Holt, and Bruce moving down the field at will. It was football like I’d never seen and I was hooked. I have rooted for the rams unconditionally ever since even though it was more downs than ups following those first few years.

So what about y’all? Anyone else care to share their story ?

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I saw Flipper Anderson run through a tunnel after catching the winning TD against the Giants, on the way he pushed some fat Giants fan out of the way LOL. I was hooked ever since, I will die a Rams fan, no matter what.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I became a Rams fan in 1974 while a young boy in Chicago. I became a fan that day because I wanted, in the distant future, to see the Rams beat the winless Jets and get into the playoffs as division winners. ;)

Last edited:

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
That's hilarious bro that's somewhere in my introduce yourself bio but same exact moment did it for me. Flipper and destroying my brother who is older and a giants fan and we all dislike him anyhow lolol. Good stuff dude!

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I saw Flipper Anderson run through a tunnel after catching the winning TD against the Giants, on the way he pushed some fat Giants fan out of the way LOL. I was hooked ever since, I will die a Rams fan, no matter what.

I might STILL have that game on VHS. Recorded it while watching it. Pressed pause/unpause during huddles!

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
Win, lose, or draw.
Yes, the Jets game was a kick in the plums, but we are in a position to take back our divisional title.
One game at a time.
None of the NFC teams, including us, are looking unbeatable.

Get behind the team every game.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Always. Shit since most of us survived the 90s I don't think anything is gonna derail us. We're fuckin crazy is what we are lol.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Been a fan since 1999. Have remained a fan even though they went to LA - when almost nobody I know did. Will go to my grave as a Rams fan for life.

Go Rams!!!

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I became a Rams can in 1977. My granddad was a 9ers can and it seemed like every time I watched football with him they were getting beat by the Rams and I liked the Rams uniforms and the horns on the helmet were the best helmets in foofball. I have remained a Rams can in whiner country for 43 yrs and counting. Through some good yrs and a lot of bad yrs.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Joe Willy was my idol when I was eight years old. Rams signed him in 77 but he only played a few games cause his knees were shot. Loved the uniforms and of course the horns. Almost beating Steelers in 79 cemented it!

Last edited:

TexasRam

Legend
Good idea NJ. Getting some positive mojo before our playoff season.

I was 8 years old in 1979 when my uncles who were passionate Rams fans took me to my grandmas to watch the Rams playoff run. I dont Remember the first playoff game vs the Cowboys but I remember beating Tampa Bay and the days leading up to the 79 Super Bowl vs the Steelers. I remember hearing Bradshaw predict a Super Bowl win and how infuriated i was. I remember my dreams getting crushed as Stallworth and Swann flew in the air above our DBs to snatch the game out of mid air.

Each year after that my uncle would buy me Rams gear and Street and Smith season preview magazines from 7-11 so i could read about our draft picks and predictions about the coming season. As a young guy I bought the hype every year that we were going to win it all.

I lived In Northern CA so grew up with Niners domination for two decades surrounded by Niner fans. My high school best friend was the only other Ram fan, mainly because of my passion and his cousin was Rams kicker Mike Lansford.

For the first time in my life in 99 I considered trying to stop watching football because it made me negative and we sucked for so long. Of course, that’s when the miracle season happened and the Rams came out like a gang of bats out of hell scoring TD’s every time they got the ball in what became the Greatest Show on Turf.

It’s been Quite a ride. To this day it amazes me how deep the passion is. Why does it matter so much? Why do I care so much if we win or lose? I am mentally and emotionally unable to unhitch this stupid passion. It’s almost like having a child and seeing them get older and the depth of eternal passion you have for their well being their entire life. It’s absurd when you view it from the outside. But it is an unremoveable part of your life that consumes you forever.

Hell, when you get married you promise “until death do us part” but I’ve found this Rams passion thing is the true “till death do us part”. You couldn’t divorce yourself from this partner if you tried. At least I can’t.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I love the new Eminem MTBMB Side B more right now. He's just absofuckinlutely very very talented at his current age. I started listening to him in 1999 whatever that means. I've been a Rams fan since birth in 1980. Whatever that means.
Yesterday was disgusting against those J E T S.
However, I dig your Thread Topic Mr. @NJRamsFan
Always enjoy your posts throughout the years/seasons/420 off-season.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My dad has been a fan since the 60s. They were on TV here and he loved the helmet as a kid. I was born in 1986. I loved the Packers and Favre in the mid 90s, and then my dad and I went to a restaurant that showed all the games in 1998 and we watched Tony Banks and the Rams take on the juggernaut Vikings. Bruce had long TD, Kennison returned a punt, and Banks was stopped at the goal line in a 38-31 loss.

I was hooked.

Side note: I live in Columbus, Ohio and when people hear that I'm a Cavs, Indians...err baseball team? and Rams fan, I always get the "wow how did that happen?" So I've taken to telling people that, technically, I'm consistent as the Rams began in Ohio.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Ah, the annual "I was a Rams fan because" thread. Once again, for me, growing up in Hawaii it was late 1975 playoffs and a 37-7 walloping by the Cowboys did not deter me from my immediate love for the horns on the helmet horns on the sleeve, cool colored and only NFL team from Los Angeles. 1976 was my first full season and I was buying any publication with my weekly allowance that had a Ram helmet on it. A high school friend once told me in jest "You collect Ram's spit!" Adding that I'd be on the sidelines waiting with a cup (for that magical loogie). The rest is a long twisted ride.

side note: hated the whiners since 1976 MNF 16-0 major upset loss that I saw while at a young friend's house. It flamed the hatred and I was right there at our own color TV some weeks later cheering the 23-3 whiner-stomping revenge rematch. Memories are still strong from that year.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I became a Ram fan in 1977. It was years before the Panthers became a team and everybody in my rural North Carolina town were Washing, Dallas, or Atlanta fans. my brother is three years older than me and he briefly followed the Rams before ultimately becoming a Washington Team fan. he gave me his Pat Haden toy since he didn't need it anymore, and I was a fan ever since. When the Panthers came around, a lot of people left their team. I didn't. I'm sure some people left when they went to St Louis and then went back to LA. I didn't. I'm a Ram fan forever.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I became a Ram fan in 1977. It was years before the Panthers became a team and everybody in my rural North Carolina town were Washing, Dallas, or Atlanta fans. my brother is three years older than me and he briefly followed the Rams before ultimately becoming a Washington Team fan. he gave me his Pat Haden toy since he didn't need it anymore, and I was a fan ever since. When the Panthers came around, a lot of people left their team. I didn't. I'm sure some people left when they went to St Louis and then went back to LA. I didn't. I'm a Ram fan forever.
Thank god you didn’t follow your brothers lead and tie yourself to the Snyder’s :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know I’ve bored you all with this before so sorry, but in the early eighties my old man, an electrical engineer, got a job in LA. We moved over for two years and lived in Monrovia and Pasadena. He’s very much a when in Rome type of person so we embraced all the sports. We regularly went to Dodger stadium. I was only five at the time but picked the Rams as my team as you can see from the photo attached. I had a helmet as well and when we returned to Blighty I took it to school for a show and tell. Shame I don’t still have it really. Oh and my Dad decided to be a Raiders fan. My Dad would have happily stayed out there and got a green card, but my mum wanted to come home as she missed her family. I often remind her of this when it’s freezing cold over here and the Dodgers or Rams are on the tele and the sun is shining. Cheers Mum!!
78F12770-FEE9-4E11-9543-AC4720C7DE6C.jpeg

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
We could all use some positivity around here. Let’s not forget this is the team we love and will follow through the depths of decades of irrelevancy. It’s easy to be down after loosing to the Jets or noticing inconsistencies but fuck it I made it through the dark years and frankly I’m loving the McVay era. Are we a perfect team? Of course not. But we are damn good and certainly much better than we have been in the recent past.

let’s try something and remember why we’re here...I figured it would be interesting to hear why or how y’all became rams fans so I’ll start..

I grew up a default cowboys fan because that’s who my dad liked. And by grew up I mean the first 8 years of my life before I really understood football. After I began to understand the game and enjoy it more I was no longer content liking a team just because it was my dads team I wanted my own. The year was 1999 and I turned on sports center and what I saw absolutely astonished me. More than anything I remember the magic of Marshall Faulk and the things he used to do on a football field. I remember Warner, Holt, and Bruce moving down the field at will. It was football like I’d never seen and I was hooked. I have rooted for the rams unconditionally ever since even though it was more downs than ups following those first few years.

So what about y’all? Anyone else care to share their story ?

Awesome!

My favorite movie as a kid was Heaven Can Wait. I watched it over and over. The Rams were my favorite team because of that movie. When the Rams moved to STL, my best friend brought me a poster of the roster from their inaugural season.
Still, it was once I watched Marshall Faulk that I became really HOOKED.

Oddly enough it was the 2003 playoff game against the Panthers that turned our house into one that doesn't miss Rams games. That game was so amazing.... I was a casual Rams fan before '03 and I watched them when they were on and if I had nothing going on but from '04 to now, I've made the time if at all possible and if I miss a game due to work or something, I watch it asap afterwards.