I love Listening to Philly Sports Radio this Year!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Particularly 975THEFANATIC! Last year was bad after for the first game, seeing a perennial loser have glimmer of hope, which of course released a monster. Anthony Gargano, normally endearing, started crowing about how great Wentz was and how much the Rams got suckered by picking Goff. Gargano was dismissive about Goff even when his season was good and was Pro bowler. The Iggles were great and everybody else sucked. This made me relearn a lesson that I've had in the past, but forgot...Never let a sucker have an even break. I'll never cheer a perennial loser, because the @sswhipes will act like the 2017 Iggles and their fans. So I laugh when the losers, lose.

Do you know how great it was today for me, when doing a run down of the remaining games and realizing the Iggles might not even be in the playoffs and hearing Gargano admitting quietly that he considered the Eagles @ Rams game as being a likely loss? It made my day, Fark the Iggles!

Ram65

Legend
Anthony Gargano

Don't really like him. Way too much of a homer for me. He loves him some Wentz. Didn't listen at 10:00 this morning to former fullback John Ritchie on 94.1@ 10:00 AM. I can only take a few minutes of Gargano. Sorry I missed his first midday show after the Vikings lose. Eagles still in it with the weak NFC East Division. I'll be in the car listening later to the evening drive shows. I've grown to appreciate Eagle fans. They really love football and the Eagles.

http://www2.philly.com/philly/sport...natic-angelo-cataldi-tra-thomas-20181001.html

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Gargano (and every other talking head for that matter) trash talked how the Rams screwed up so bad by taking Goff over Wentz with the #1 pick 3 years ago.

Lets take a look at where both QB's stand after 5 games this season

Goff: W/L 5-0, 120 comp 166 att, 72.3 pct, 1727 yds, 12 TD, 4int, passes over 20 yds, 28, passes over 40 yds 6, sacks 6, passer rating 119.7

Wentz: W/L 2-3, 82 comp, 122 att, 67.2 pct, 914 yds, 5TD, 1 int, passes over 20 yds, 11, passes over 40 yds 2, sacks 12, passer rating 99.6

Overall standing vs QB's in the rest of the league, Goff #1 in total yds, and passer rating.
Wentz # 25

I might add Goff has not missed any games due to injury, While Wentz has missed 9 games.

Sure we can all go back and say "look how bad Goff was his rookie season." That was under Fisher.
We can also say "look how good all of Fishers QB's, Foles, Keenum and Goff looked once they got away from Fisher"

Bottom line is "What have you done for me lately", and "Which QB is better RIGHT NOW"

Psycho_X

Legend
Gargano (and every other talking head for that matter) trash talked how the Rams screwed up so bad by taking Goff over Wentz with the #1 pick 3 years ago.

Lets take a look at where both QB's stand after 5 games this season

Goff: W/L 5-0, 120 comp 166 att, 72.3 pct, 1727 yds, 12 TD, 4int, passes over 20 yds, 28, passes over 40 yds 6, sacks 6, passer rating 119.7

Wentz: W/L 2-3, 82 comp, 122 att, 67.2 pct, 914 yds, 5TD, 1 int, passes over 20 yds, 11, passes over 40 yds 2, sacks 12, passer rating 99.6

Overall standing vs QB's in the rest of the league, Goff #1 in total yds, and passer rating.
Wentz # 25

I might add Goff has not missed any games due to injury, While Wentz has missed 9 games.

Sure we can all go back and say "look how bad Goff was his rookie season." That was under Fisher.
We can also say "look how good all of Fishers QB's, Foles, Keenum and Goff looked once they got away from Fisher"

Bottom line is "What have you done for me lately", and "Which QB is better RIGHT NOW"

Well, Wentz has played in two less games than Goff so far this season so hard to compare this years stats equally. But there really is no need to anyway. Both are good QBs and both teams won that draft with their selection. People who were quick to jump on the Goff bust train were just ignorant. Goff couldn't even order a beer when we decided we were going to draft him and Wentz was entering his mid-20s. Anyone with a brain knew there were going to be more growing pains with Goff early. Those who watched Goff's college tape saw what we're seeing now. Wentz is a great QB too if he can stay healthy. But I'll still take Goff. I'm just glad Jeff Fisher didn't ruin him before McVay got his hands on him.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
I’m always surprised by the number of people on this board that live in or around the philly area. And even more surprised y’all can bare to listen to philly sports talk radio. I’ve tried it before and can’t stand it. Idk if it’s like that for most teams around the country but man it’s unbearable imo

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Yeah, being from the area, been listening to the Fanatic alot the last few years. Lat yera they would laugh at any suggestion that Goff was even in the same ball park as Wentz... now hearing it being brought up as a possibility. at least on WIP it was mentioned.

One thing to remember that puts the comp in perspective is that Goff is now the same age as Wentz was when he was a rookie. That added maturity difference was noticeable Goff's rookie year even on top of Fisher/Boras being his coaches. That was a difference

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You wouldn't say that if you attended a Ram/Eagle game in Philly with your Ram jersey on.

:)
Yeah, the Bastids~ Santa Claus

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I would never wear a Ram jersey in Philly, or a hat or anything. I have a friend that lived there for his first 16 years of his life. He told me some sickening stories about his friends and family. He grew up in a rough area, so the mindset is bad when it comes to sports teams.

He told me that his uncles and cousins would go around looking for people wearing Non Eagles NFL attire on game day. They'd start harassing them and most often would beat them up. They mostly went to bars to find their victims. They wouldn't just fight a guy one on one either. Anthony said they would all join in. So it would be 6-12 against one. They'd be kicking a guy while he was laying on the sidewalk. I met a few of them. I believe his story.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I know most play by play radio hosts are homers. But, I think Phillies were some of the biggest. Back when they had Westbrooks running the ball, we would listen to their games on the radio while working on Sundays. They were a decent team back then but you would have thought they were the greatest of all time. I used to joke that the announcers were so infatuated with the players that they went to the locker room at the half to give them all some well deserved blow jobs.

I listened to Rams games and Giants games before. They were nothing like the loveliest that went on with the Philly announcers.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve

d "Which QB is better RIGHT NOW"
To be honest, I would still take Goff, but with awful WRs and missing training camp etc (mostly), Wentz is still getting back in the groove. Wentz had a 115 rating, and he is still playing poorly....he will be near MVP good again.

Elway> Marino
Montana>Elway
Wentz=Elway
Goff<Wentz sometimes
Goff=Wentz a lot of the time
Goff>Wentz over the length of a season

Wentz is not accurate, but his feet keep in the game, so on any given Sunday he can be better than Goff, but over a 16 game schedule I think Goff might be better. Wentz was on his way to the MVP, so to say Goff is soooo much better just ain't true.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would never wear a Ram jersey in Philly, or a hat or anything. I have a friend that lived there for his first 16 years of his life. He told me some sickening stories about his friends and family. He grew up in a rough area, so the mindset is bad when it comes to sports teams.

He told me that his uncles and cousins would go around looking for people wearing Non Eagles NFL attire on game day. They'd start harassing them and most often would beat them up. They mostly went to bars to find their victims. They wouldn't just fight a guy one on one either. Anthony said they would all join in. So it would be 6-12 against one. They'd be kicking a guy while he was laying on the sidewalk. I met a few of them. I believe his story.

What despicable human beings.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
Went to a Eagles game back in 04, I think. Rams just lost to Falcons Saturday night wild card game. My buddy, who’s a Vikes fan wanted to catch that game, Sunday, we went. A nice man walked up to my buddy and kindly asked him to remove his Vikes beanie, it was removed

You can imagine it probably wasn’t a polite and pleasant exchange and you be correct. However, I am in the belief that it is rude to dawn the gear of a visiting team.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Went to a Eagles game back in 04, I think. Rams just lost to Falcons Saturday night wild card game. My buddy, who’s a Vikes fan wanted to catch that game, Sunday, we went. A nice man walked up to my buddy and kindly asked him to remove his Vikes beanie, it was removed

You can imagine it probably wasn’t a polite and pleasant exchange and you be correct. However, I am in the belief that it is rude to dawn the gear of a visiting team.

It's rude to wear your team's colours when you're going to a game they're playing in?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
You wouldn't say that if you attended a Ram/Eagle game in Philly with your Ram jersey on.

:)

Eagles and Giants fans are simply the worst.

Real Sports did an expose on the "fan experience" and that happened to be the game where guys were dumping those big beers on kids on opposing jerseys and the way they described entering through the parking lot was that it smelled like alchohol, sausage and vomit, not necessarily in that order. They mentioned a big deal in NY is that there is so much broken glass that they have to put on extra tow vehicles. Not even kidding.

Doesn't matter if it's NFL, NHL, MMA... the fans need to let the actual athletes do their thing and focus on enjoying being a fan.

This whole drunk fighting thing is one of many, many reasons why people don't show up to games.

Which is why if I were an owner, I'd build a smaller stadium with MUCH lower costs and little parking, using overflow lots and shuttles. I'd keep the tailgating well away from the stadium and if you're drunk, you're not getting on the shuttle. If you're unruly, you're not getting on the shuttle. If you walk to the stadium and you're drunk or unruly, you're not getting in the stadium.

I'd focus on the TV contracts, new streaming contracts and making every seat awesome and affordable enough that even during a down year, no one would want to give them up.

You ever see a sea of black Bear jerseys in GB???

What's funny is that even in the small StubHub stadium with only 30k seats, MORE than half of those going are opponents (which is what Vegas will be like and every business will love it and the fans will lament it)

And I'd be WAY more proactive about confiscating the season tix of those who misbehave even if it's sold over a ticket service (unless it's sold through the NFL, then that person who was ejected would simply be banned from games for the rest of the year)

If the fan experience were excellent and reasonably affordable, there's no reason any NFL team shouldn't be sold out forever.

Front offices should see every unsold seat as a failure that needs to be addressed.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Great post Mack. I love your ideas. It's a shame that this is what it's come to. I won't take my kid to a Rams game, because I am in PA. I don't want to risk him having a bad experience. I might be willing to go to Buffalo, because my nephew said that their fans are very friendly. That are is very friendly in general.

The NFL is trying to make the game safer, by toning down the defenses. But, it isn't safer for visiting fans.

Psycho_X

Legend
People who get actually upset at other people for wearing different clothing are idiots.

People who wish to inflict harm on another person for wearing different clothing are cowardly children who never grew up. Not sure I've seen a bigger group of pussies than idiots who gang up on someone at a sporting event. Most of the time their buddies taking sucker punch shots cause they're not man enough to try and fight a person face to face. Pathetic. Philly is full of them.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Now, it's reported that the Iggles have lost their main RB, Jay Ajayi, to a torn MCL. I 'm not cheering his injury, but the fans are already calling for crazy trades for Lev Bell an other almost over-the-hill RB's...lol