I know the first games havent been pleasant to watch but

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
CoachO said:
A couple of things stand out to me about where this team is and the "vanilla" gameplans on both sides of the ball.

First of all, as many have stated, they aren't showing a fraction of the "type" of system they are working on everyday in practice. They got Austin involved last night, by throwing him a pass while he "sat down" in a soft zone, on 3rd and forever. I can assure you, he hasn't run many of those types of routes in practice.

Secondly, for all of you who seem to like the fact that Bradford "gets bored" and just says I'm gonna chuck it to Givens downfield.... Anyone stop to think that this is the one thing they WANT to show they can still do?

Plant the seed in early opponents that they will, and can take their shots, to make sure they are concerned about it leading into the Regular Season. Automatically loosens the coverage, forces teams to play less 8 man box, giving the running game a better chance.

On defense, while the poor tackling is the obvious point of concern, it's August 18th. Fishers mantra has always been to take care of his players throughout training camp. They have had very little contact, and virtually ZERO FULL contact thus far in camp. And frankly, I'm more than ok with that.

What's the purpose of beating up a young team in early in camp, so they can tackle well in AUGUST? If there's one thing I am NOT concerned about, its whether or not a JEFF FISHER team will tackle. Sort of his trademark as a Head Coach. Physical defenses, which TACKLE well across the board. I will be shocked if things don't start ratcheting up in the next three weeks in terms of the physicality of the practices.

This should also show up in the RUN blocking, as they get after it with further installation of the running game. Which I have no doubt, we have only seen the most basic concepts of that part of the offense as well

^This.

Outside of the concern for our Safeties (depth) the tackling and pass rush isn't a concern for me. That's probably the only proven entity we have going into this season.

bluecoconuts

Legend
CoachO said:
A couple of things stand out to me about where this team is and the "vanilla" gameplans on both sides of the ball.

First of all, as many have stated, they aren't showing a fraction of the "type" of system they are working on everyday in practice. They got Austin involved last night, by throwing him a pass while he "sat down" in a soft zone, on 3rd and forever. I can assure you, he hasn't run many of those types of routes in practice.

Secondly, for all of you who seem to like the fact that Bradford "gets bored" and just says I'm gonna chuck it to Givens downfield.... Anyone stop to think that this is the one thing they WANT to show they can still do?

Plant the seed in early opponents that they will, and can take their shots, to make sure they are concerned about it leading into the Regular Season. Automatically loosens the coverage, forces teams to play less 8 man box, giving the running game a better chance.

On defense, while the poor tackling is the obvious point of concern, it's August 18th. Fishers mantra has always been to take care of his players throughout training camp. They have had very little contact, and virtually ZERO FULL contact thus far in camp. And frankly, I'm more than ok with that.

What's the purpose of beating up a young team in early in camp, so they can tackle well in AUGUST? If there's one thing I am NOT concerned about, its whether or not a JEFF FISHER team will tackle. Sort of his trademark as a Head Coach. Physical defenses, which TACKLE well across the board. I will be shocked if things don't start ratcheting up in the next three weeks in terms of the physicality of the practices.

This should also show up in the RUN blocking, as they get after it with further installation of the running game. Which I have no doubt, we have only seen the most basic concepts of that part of the offense as well

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.