I keep coming back to the first pick...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
BPA time, for the most part. Matthews OT would most likely be a steal at 6 or so. Getting the top Safety or a nasty guard (if Saffold is out) around 20 should set us up for a good Playoff run next year. Adding in a CB and backup QB early/mid rounds and we're rolling.

Even if I'm wrong on all accounts here, I still trust in Snead.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Right now I just keep seeing Cleveland with two first round picks hot swapping Jason Campbell and Brandon Weeden every couple weeks. :sly:
I honestly think Matthews gives you the best bang if they don't trade it, if he's there... As OP pointed out, there really isn't 'elite' talent to be had at another position, granted I haven't stirred my inner draftnik yet.

Barksdale has performed exceptionally, but is he outplaying his capability right now? It happens, just ask (I)RG3.
I'm beginning to convince myself that Saffold might have to stay, at least for one year. He needs to prove to the world that he can play out a full season before a big pay day in free agency.

ausmurp

Starter
Clinton-Dix will be a projected top 10 pick by end of yr I think. And I think we take him with our first pick if he falls to us. Looks like a very good player. Immediately better FS or SS than we currently have.

A55VA6

Legend
Clinton-Dix will be a projected top 10 pick by end of yr I think. And I think we take him with our first pick if he falls to us. Looks like a very good player. Immediately better FS or SS than we currently have.
He and McDonald would be a nice duo back there.

V3

Hall of Fame
Right now I just keep seeing Cleveland with two first round picks hot swapping Jason Campbell and Brandon Weeden every couple weeks. :sly:
I honestly think Matthews gives you the best bang if they don't trade it, if he's there... As OP pointed out, there really isn't 'elite' talent to be had at another position, granted I haven't stirred my inner draftnik yet.

Barksdale has performed exceptionally, but is he outplaying his capability right now? It happens, just ask (I)RG3.
I'm beginning to convince myself that Saffold might have to stay, at least for one year. He needs to prove to the world that he can play out a full season before a big pay day in free agency.

I really don't get this. We already have a LT and RT. How would you get the best bang for a player that plays a position that we really don't even need. The OT's haven't been the issue.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I think there is a trade down and we look to CB. Finnegan probably isn't back.

Also, I was thinking safety as a big need...but I've been surprised by McCleod. Not saying that if you have a chance to take a special player if you are in position to, but I don't feel like the Rams need to feel forced into a safety early if they like someone else better.

Honestly, I don't think you can have enough line depth on either side...DB depth...or offensive playmakers....(does that about cover everything? haha)

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The only other thing that your post is missing is the chance for a trade down. Snead and Fisher have made it VERY clear that they will target a guy(s) and move up or down to get them. If there isn't a player they want at the top, they will trade down. I like the aggressiveness but also know that it can bite them in the butt like the trade down which gave them Pead when they were targeting one of the LB's. That extra pick from that trade down gave them a player that isn't even on this team anymore. :slap::disappoint:

You're right. Snead May very well trade down. All I know is that he is frothing at the mouth for a very high pick from the Skins. Maybe he wants Clowney. They are targeting someone with that first pick.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
He and McDonald would be a nice duo back there.
That's exactly what I keep thinking. You would think that Clinton-Dix and McDonald would compliment each other perfectly.

At first I thought that Fisher might remain loyal to Finnegan, but now I'm not so sure. Either way, I think they need to draft a corner as well.

An upgrade at defensive tackle would be an obvious help as well. Personally I prefer an anchor that can help stop the run and generate push up the middle to complete the front four.