I just heard we signed Barron

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
:yess:YES!!!

I'm hearing 5 years for 45 million.

Sneed kept offering everybody Jenkin's deal, until someone signed the dotted line.

Last edited:

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Huge signing. After securing at least 1 CB, I rated this as our most important move going into next season. Just as soon as I criticized Snisher for handling this Free Agency period they check a very importnat box off the list. Great stuff!

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Mark Barron - LB - Rams
Rams re-signed WLB Mark Barron.

The deal is expected to be worth $9 million per season, a surprising sum. Per ESPN's Nick Wagoner, keeping Barron was the Rams' "top priority." A converted safety, Barron had a strong 2015 filling in for Alec Ogletree. Ogletree will man the middle in 2016. Barron is a playmaker, one the Rams are counting on to force fumbles and pick off passes in coverage. The No. 7 overall pick of the 2012 draft has bounced all the way back after it looked like he was going to be a bust.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Mar 9 - 3:37 PM

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
After losing Jenkins and McLeod, I'm not overly surprised at seeing them offer 9M to ensure he stayed. Congrats to Barron on the deal. He seems to be getting better with experience, too. He's still a young player and last season was only his first full campaign under Williams as DC.

Paying top dollar is always easier when a guy has his versatility, as well. The value of versatility is often forgotten about at contract negotiations, but proves it is worth every penny in the case of injuries to other star players. We saw when Ogletree went don't last year. We already had lost Quinn too and JL55 was playing hurt. Having Barron saved this defence from imploding. Being able to play multiple positions at a high level is huge, and will naturally be compensated accordingly.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
It's a lot of money. I'm concerned about these linebacker moves - Ogletree inside and Barron as a full time backer especially as now we've lost McCleod - but gotta trust the guys who know more than me.

A55VA6

Legend
Over 100 tackles, 4 forced fumbles, and 2nd in the league in tackles for loss. Big signing for us, even if it is alot of money. Can play LB or S. Valuable piece.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It's a lot of money. I'm concerned about these linebacker moves - Ogletree inside and Barron as a full time backer especially as now we've lost McCleod - but gotta trust the guys who know more than me.

Its just that it is different. NFL defenses are changing with the offenses. They are finding out advantageous ways to take advantage of these unusual, studly tweener athletes that years ago would have not had a fit or been miscast...........like Lovie Smith did with Barron

Over 100 tackles, 4 forced fumbles, and 2nd in the league in tackles for loss. Big signing for us, even if it is alot of money. Can play LB or S. Valuable piece.

True Playmaker

London59

Rookie
Name
London59
Damn I didn't think it was gonna cost 9 mil a year:shocked:
Well, when you announce publicly that he is the most important signing of the off season you lose a lot of leverage. Especially when you give Johnson the franchise tag for 14 million for 1 year. Hard not to give him a lot of money.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yes but top-tier CB is worth way more than OLB. I like Barron a lot but this is too much. Wonder how much is guaranteed?
That's not too much money for someone who can play two spots.
Doesn't have to come off the field when they go to nickel either.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
He took the Janoris deal.

That's the problem, the Ram's have completely blown FA when they HAVE TO PAY a non sacking LB/Safety $9 Million/year to stop the bleeding). They totally underestimated the value of JJ and RM and had to over pay for Hayes and Barron.

Do not be surprised if they HAVE to bring back Long for more than $6M per year. They are hurting. Holes on defense; major needs still on offense (you give Keenan a 1st round tender because you just remove the ability to move up because of the FA defense defections).

Piss poor.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
That's the problem, the Ram's have completely blown FA when they HAVE TO PAY a non sacking LB/Safety ( Million/year to stop the bleeding). They totally underestimated the value of JJ and RM and had to over pay for Hayes and Barron.

Do not be surprised if they HAVE to bring back Long for more than $6M per year. They are hurting. Holes on defense: major needs still on offense (you give Keenan a 1st round tender because you just remove the ability to move because of the FA defense defections).

pee pee poor.

Are are kidding right?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That's the problem, the Ram's have completely blown FA when they HAVE TO PAY a non sacking LB/Safety ( Million/year to stop the bleeding). They totally underestimated the value of JJ and RM and had to over pay for Hayes and Barron.

Do not be surprised if they HAVE to bring back Long for more than $6M per year. They are hurting. Holes on defense: major needs still on offense (you give Keenan a 1st round tender because you just remove the ability to move because of the FA defense defections).

pee pee poor.
K.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
These numbers look off to me. I want to see the official numbers because Hayes looked way more reasonable after the fact. If those numbers are right. In terms of 4-3 OLBs only Lavonte David makes more. :eek: