I just called Direct TV to cancel my service including Sunday Ticket.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Have watched every Rams game this year, the few that are not on network or cable caught on Reddit. Its free.
Have not watched any other games completely, just catch a quarter or 2 then move on to someone else.
Looks to me like the quality of play is down this year league wide.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I used to think that -- then I moved into my rental where the only viable non-streaming TV provider available is Comcast, so I had to sign up with them instead (primarily for the internet, which I'd pay double price if I DIDN'T have the TV package bundled in).

I miss DirecTV something awful right now.
I already was using Comcast/Xfinity for my internet, so when I switched over the TV I got a bundled price. I'm saving over $90 per month from what I would have paid for Direct TV. The customer service is equally deplorable.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
I already was using Comcast/Xfinity for my internet, so when I switched over the TV I got a bundled price. I'm saving over $90 per month from what I would have paid for Direct TV. The customer service is equally deplorable.
Amen to that!

As for DirecTV, the worst thing that ever happened to them was being bought out by AT&T - that's when their customer service department really went to shit. It was noticeably bad, as soon as that happened.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I CUt THE CORD WITH DIRECTV AND NFL Sunday Ticket! One has to take a principled stand when you want free TV and there's little chance of going to jail!
Thanks BuffStream.

nighttrain

Legend
"If you're frustrated over Direct tv i have no advice. I stream the off local network games from my laptop to my big screen. Works great. "

because of finances this one is it for me, have to search around but i always find the game
peace out
train

nighttrain

Legend
try DISH, satellite provider, works
train

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I wish that everyone would be strong enough to stand together and not watch or go to any NFL games for one week in protest of how these dumb arses are ruining our beloved game.

Nope. You do you, and you are actually the first one who puts their money where their mouth is.

I'm firmly in the boat where teams need to overcome their own shortcomings or bad calls. No excuses. The NFCC Game last year proved that theory. Bad call, NO still had 3 different chances to win.

Angry Ram

I have to disagree on the customer service. I've had them for 3 years now and just renewed for another year back in September. I've never had any problem with them; I negotiated with them pretty easily. I have 500+ download speed, OD content, the NFL package, et al. It's awesome.

I did some calculations, and cutting down internet speed to save money then using Hulu+ would actually cost me more for less product (like the internet speed). And that's not including my streaming subs.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I did some calculations, and cutting down internet speed to save money then using Hulu+ would actually cost me more for less product (like the internet speed). And that's not including my streaming subs.

That's the issue, people think their saving money, but they are not and getting a product that is sub par too. Look, if it cost $5 per month and it sucks, it's not worth the money.

However, I understand how some people just want to cut the cord after years of being held hostage, it's like NFL Officiating, I would welcome any change just because it's been so one sided for years.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Welcome to illegal online streaming lol. It is the best way to watch the games because you can stick it to the man while you sit on your ass in your old black leather jacket that no longer fits and pound double fistfuls of your favorite brew... 'Merica!!! :D

Angry Ram

That's the issue, people think their saving money, but they are not and getting a product that is sub par too. Look, if it cost $5 per month and it sucks, it's not worth the money.

I did 4 different cost analysis between Xfinity, Sling Blue/Orange (and the combo), and Hulu+.

Cutting down my 500+ d/l speed to 75 will be about that price. Hulu+ just increased their price to $55 a month. So I'm now out $130.00 a month before any extra features or additional stream services.

Sling blue/orange has restrictions, and despite what people moan about it, I will forever watch the NFL, so I want both ESPN for MNF and I want the NFL Redzone Channel. So $40 for the Sling combo is $115.00. I'm already paying that right now for my internet/tv bundle right now.

Right now I have higher speeds, more channels, and I get both MNF and NFL Redzone/Network included with no restrictions. Plus all the OD content. And that leaves my enough budget for WWE Network and Disney Plus.

I have a good deal with them. One of my coworkers, though had ATT and she just cut it because her costs were nearing $200.00 a month for less product, so that's understandable. And that ATT is the worst.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have to disagree on the customer service. I've had them for 3 years now and just renewed for another year back in September. I've never had any problem with them; I negotiated with them pretty easily. I have 500+ download speed, OD content, the NFL package, et al. It's awesome.

You have DTV or Comcast/Xfinity?

I'm quite happy with my new service, outside of not being able to watch the Rams of course.
Picture is great, don't lose signal when weather is really bad, DVR service is great, on demand library is good. But it was like trying to suck a golf ball thru a garden hose to get set up correctly, and I was ready to pull the plug on the whole thing. But now I'm set and my only gripe is that they are dropping Starz before the Power season finale

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Welcome to illegal online streaming lol. It is the best way to watch the games because you can stick it to the man while you sit on your ass in your old black leather jacket that no longer fits and pound double fistfuls of your favorite brew... 'Merica!!! :D
WfqMIjT.gif

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I cant do the streaming thing. Sunday's are nuts in my house with the kids and I cook for the week. So I'd record the Rams game, and watch when time permitted. Often times I'd be real time, but for the most part I'd be on a delay, some times a coupe minutes, some times an hour or so behind. Was nice to have the control of it.
Oh well. With the $$ savings I have, I think I may try the NFL Gamepass, but Red Zone would be taking the surprise factor away. (Not that the Rams have been on Red Zone much this year :mad:)

Angry Ram

You have DTV or Comcast/Xfinity?

I'm quite happy with my new service, outside of not being able to watch the Rams of course.
Picture is great, don't lose signal when weather is really bad, DVR service is great, on demand library is good. But it was like trying to suck a golf ball thru a garden hose to get set up correctly, and I was ready to pull the plug on the whole thing. But now I'm set and my only gripe is that they are dropping Starz before the Power season finale

Xfinity, but I seem to have had a different experience. I had to recently move and set up an appointment, not realizing that I set it up 2 weeks ahead from my actual move date, so I had no internet or tv for that time. I called them to try and move it up a week, and to their credit the guy spent like 2 hours on the phone with my trying to find me a slot and workarounds to get me connected. Didn't work, but I appreciated the effort. Hell at one point, he even suggested me call ATT to get a temp password to access a hotspot (now THAT was a complete waste of time).

The tech came and was in and out in like 40 mins. All connected. Guess it just depends.

Ram65

Legend
I'm at the middle of the season getting football overload. I've watched more football this year with the internet and regular cable. Never had the NFL package and don't have ESPN. I'll be streaming the game tonight. I'm catching a lot of games that have an effect on the Rams playoff run. Too bad they haven't turned out the way we were hoping for. So many almosts. Many times sharing the experience here with fellow Rams fans. It's been entertaining and frustrating.

As far as the calls on the field. That's frustrating too. Replay seemed like a great way to get it right years ago. Now, it's overkill. Starting to think they should go with what is called on the field. Seems like a lot of inconsistent head hit calls and other calls.

Tripping? What Tripping?

Hawaii Ram

Rookie
Will never go back to directv ever again. They tried to bill me for premium channels so many times I lost count. Took them forever to fully reimburse me for those charges too. Not to mention that you’re completely stuck with a useless dish that you have to take down yourself. Which in itself is no problem unless like me it’s on a 2 story house and on the edge of the roof and dangerous as hell. All that sucks but their crap ass customer service takes the cake.