I guess I'm just not capable of August dread.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
NO dread, just acceptance. go rams

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The facts are the facts.

The Rams are coming off a 5 win season.
The team lost four key starters on defense during the offseason.
The team didn't add any top end FAs, and lacked a first round pick.
The start of the schedule is brutal.

I should be feeling a sense of dread, shouldn't I?

And yet, I'm not.

I don't think I ever have at this time of the year.

Sure, there are years when I had more hope and more expectation of contending for a championship than I do this year (I'm eternally optimistic, but even I wouldn't go that far.) But I'm still hopeful.

I tell myself that a healthy "big 3" will make a huge difference. I look for breakout candidates (Akers, Jefferson, Atwell, Jones, Durant). I hold out hope that a few of our many first and second year players will emerge as high quality starters. I put my faith in McVay to steal a few games with superior game planning and play calling.

I feel no sense of dread.

I guess I'm just not wired that way.
How can you not feel dread when knowing who is starting at right tackle? ~ olnotdead

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
No dread, just facts are facts, we have a really young and inexperienced team. The truth is there will be growing pains. Anyone thinking otherwise is fooling themselves. It's ok to come into this season with low expectations. With that said, regardless of seeing this team as most likely to struggle, I'll continue to root my ass off once the games start and hope we kick the shit outta the other team. If we kick ass, I'd be glad to be wrong. Go Rams!

PARAM

Hall of Fame
My expectations are a bit higher than yours, but I'm not expecting miracles. I'll be happy as long as I feel like the arrow is pointing up at the end of the year.
Realistically, in any year, nobody should expect a Superbowl Championship. We're Rams fans and half the time, even when they have great squads, some how they find a way to fook it up. But outside of the late 60's Packers, the 70's Steelers, the Patriots and now the Chiefs, no fan base should expect a Superbowl Championship. In fact, I'd bet the law of averages says, bet against the Chiefs in 2023.
Expect nothing.

Then anything above that will be a pleasant surprise.
It may sound cliche but I don't look at it as a season. I loved listening to Vermeil, who'd say, break it down into 4 quarters. But I take that a step further and use the cliche, I take it one game at a time. Because 1 good game can propel a team to better things, as well as 1 bad game can send them spiraling down. If you think like a CB and forget whatever happened on the previous play, 1 game at a time makes sense. Be your best TODAY.
Dread???

We won a super bowl less than 18 months ago.
We have played in 2 of the last 5 super bowls
We've won 3 division championships in the last 6 years (More than any other team in the west)
We've been in the playoffs 4 of the last 6 seasons...

99% of NFL franchises would be ecstatic with our recent success.

I expect a solid season in 23, but considering the above, its all gravy....we got the right folks in place now.
I agree. After the horse latitudes that ocurred from 2005-2016, Ram fans should never be over confident. And they should always be grateful for a successful season, no matter the ending. I am. We're living the high life with McVay, so just enjoy it. I have the utmost confidence this guy will win games.

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.
I'm expecting 1-4 at best to start the season. If we go 500 after that I'll be happy
Its not how you start but rather how you finish. Young team learning on the job. 1-4 start is very possible but every year the NFL has teams that are supposed to be good stumbling and some teams not are not expected contending. As Rams fans know from last season health is the key to maximizing your potential. If this young team can avoid major injuries and protect their QB they could make some noise especially later in the season when the schedule looks more promising. I believe that Sean McVay will have his team ready to play and achieve the maximum success that their roster is capable of achieving. But I’m a unapologetic Rams homer.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
This year we should just enjoy watching this team grow and hope for a plus 500 season.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
No dread yet. Let's see if they try and add a vet edge and/or NT after roster cuts.
If they don't, I'll be full on dreadnaught.o

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The facts are the facts.

And yet, I'm not.

Sure, there are years when I had more hope and more expectation of contending for a championship than I do this year (I'm eternally optimistic, but even I wouldn't go that far.) But I'm still hopeful.

I tell myself that a healthy "big 3" will make a huge difference. I look for breakout candidates (Akers, Jefferson, Atwell, Jones, Durant). I hold out hope that a few of our many first and second year players will emerge as high quality starters. I put my faith in McVay to steal a few games with superior game planning and play calling.

Nothing wrong with that. To each his own.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I'm expecting 1-4 at best to start the season. If we go 500 after that I'll be happy
I'm expecting to win week 1.

Before last season started, what were you expecting in the first 5 or 6 games.
How about 2021? 2020? 2019? Does it ever play out the way you expect?

Were you expecting 4-2 in 2017?

We played Indy (8-8 in 2016), WFT (8-7-1), SF (2-14), Dallas (13-3), Seattle (10-5-1) and Jacksonville (3-13). The two teams in that group that finished with the top 2 records in 2017 were Indy (10-6) and Jacksonville (10-6). Can't go by last year.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The facts are the facts.

And yet, I'm not.

You know we have our battles. But you and I...are not so different.

tumblr_ogenprHJcC1tqafs1o1_1280.gif

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm expecting to win week 1.

Before last season started, what were you expecting in the first 5 or 6 games.
How about 2021? 2020? 2019? Does it ever play out the way you expect?

Were you expecting 4-2 in 2017?

We played Indy (8-8 in 2016), WFT (8-7-1), SF (2-14), Dallas (13-3), Seattle (10-5-1) and Jacksonville (3-13). The two teams in that group that finished with the top 2 records in 2017 were Indy (10-6) and Jacksonville (10-6). Can't go by last year.
What about lossing at SOFI against the 0-13 Sam Darnold jets?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah, that lose hurt. Pretty sure that lose sealed Jerod Gophs fate...

Faith in anyways imo will be interesting in 2023.Jared Goff continues to improve & get better season in season out.
—Matthew Stafford could be The Best of his own self.Healthy hungry & confident

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
AD can't be everywhere at once. This D as it is will get gashed early and often. They need another big body for the middle.