I finally got to watch the Colt game...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Just a few random thoughts.

Foles has officially convinced me that he can take us to the playoffs if he gets some help from his teammates.

I think we found our starting C in Jones. At least for this season.

Jamon Brown is our best OL currently. Period.

Rhaney blew me away at RG. Multiple highlight reel blocks.

I thought Hav played pretty well other than the speed rusher sacks. But c'mon. He's a rookie learning on the job.

I'll just say it. GRob might have been the most unimpressive of the starting 5 on OL. Seemed tentative too often. I certainly expected more by now.

Wichmann played a few snaps in the 2nd half but didn't distinguish himself against backups, either positively or negatively. I see him going to PS. Like Rhaney last year, injury robbed him of a decent shot at the 53 for this year.

I'll say it again. Washington is a goner.

Givens has made a preseason statement, no question. He's definitely made the team. I'm happy to say that I was wrong about that. Hopefully, he can be counted on in the regular season. 'Cause that's what it's gonna take to fully convince me.

It's been said by others, but it's still a fact. Penalties are just KILLING us. And I fear that it will always be so on a Fisher coached team. Sigh...

Donald is our team MVP, don't you think? That's really saying something on a D that includes Quinn. Either player can take over a game for periods of time. Wow!

If GW can curb his tendency to get too cute at times and just let these players play, our D could be really special. Maybe even elite.

McDonald is a rising star. I see multiple future Pro Bowls for this playmaker.

Finally, our O success revolves around our OL. QB is no longer a concern of mine. I predict that the OL will gel together as the season unfolds. Don't know if they will be ready for the Seahawks by opening day, but by game 5-6 they will be quite effective.

Here's my prediction for starting OL...

GRob, JB, Jones, Saffold, Hav. And with some quality backups available for depth.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

Foles has officially convinced me that he can take us to the playoffs if he gets some help from his teammates.

I thought Hav played pretty well other than the speed rusher sacks. But c'mon. He's a rookie learning on the job.

I'll just say it. GRob might have been the most unimpressive of the starting 5 on OL. Seemed tentative too often. I certainly expected more by now.

Wichmann played a few snaps in the 2nd half but didn't distinguish himself against backups, either positively or negatively. I see him going to PS. Like Rhaney last year, injury robbed him of a decent shot at the 53 for this year.

Givens has made a preseason statement, no question. He's definitely made the team. I'm happy to say that I was wrong about that. Hopefully, he can be counted on in the regular season. 'Cause that's what it's gonna take to fully convince me.

It's been said by others, but it's still a fact. Penalties are just KILLING us. And I fear that it will always be so on a Fisher coached team. Sigh...

Donald is our team MVP, don't you think? That's really saying something on a D that includes Quinn. Either player can take over a game for periods of time. Wow!

If GW can curb his tendency to get too cute at times and just let these players play, our D could be really special. Maybe even elite.

Finally, our O success revolves around our OL. QB is no longer a concern of mine. I predict that the OL will gel together as the season unfolds. Don't know if they will be ready for the Seahawks by opening day, but by game 5-6 they will be quite effective.

GRob, JB, Jones, Saffold, Hav. And with some quality backups available for depth.

Good write up. I agree with everything here. Hopefully Washington is cut and Rhaney takes his spot as a back-up. I'd feel MUCH more comfortable that way.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
As unsettled as our OL seems at the moment, the starting lineup you propose, with Rhaney, Reynolds, Battle, and Barnes backing them up could become pretty damn good in the near future. Donnell or Wichmann needs to step up to complete this squad.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I thought Barret Jones looked very mediocre and came away thinking Rhaney is by far the better player. If they go with the best 5 like they say then Rhaney should be Center.

fearsomefour

Legend
I thought Barret Jones looked very mediocre and came away thinking Rhaney is by far the better player. If they go with the best 5 like they say then Rhaney should be Center.
Rhaney certainly is more athletic but he did struggle at C.
Jones looked very average to me vs the Colts and was pushed backward in the running game several times.
To me Barnes is the starting C. Have stein is the largest concern going into week 1.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Hmmm, didn't dominate, got several runs blown up, but didn't allow a sack...still a young player, and plays the toughest position on the line...Havenstien had the roughest game to me...Rhaney despite all his highlight downfield blocking (run/pass) had a rough game as well...Reynolds over this guy all day. Barnes, Jones, Rhaney for center...I say Jones cause I know he'll continue to improve...he looked ok...If Rhaney can do outta the center position what he did at RG, then he should start...He moves around like this new breed center that can pull. Havenstein is a rookie...DE's/OLB's in the NFL are monsters...as long as they are trying their best to run around him rather than over him, I'm okay...he just needs to work on his keys, and moving his feet at the snap. Seems like he isn't sure of who to block. I'll take 2 more Jamon Browns though...Makes me really wanna see Battle & Wichmann & Donnall now...bet those dudes turn into something nice!

Please spread the love...Brockers was there on 2 of those plays...probably helped cause all 3...Donald helps the whole team, curios as to why our LB's are so...well, lets just watch the games...i see some dudes sticking to blocks...few missed tackles...Ayers played way better...Liked the traditional 4-3 alignment...Linebackers off the LOS, reading their keys/players/gaps...Quinn is becoming the new leader on the D....Shocked to see Chris Long getting ridden up field...actually taking himself out of running lanes...may be coasting, or Colts RT is a beast.

This...also saw TJ Mac....Rotate....TO .....THE....DEEP...MIDDLE....Looked like an interchangeable FS to me...Bunch of Barron on the field too...JJ is playing studly...didn't notice Joyner as much as last week....Also saw a lil, just a lil press man...FINALLY! Imoan Clairborne has lost his edge...Roberson probably beat him out with this game...It's tough being a UDFA....

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Rhaney certainly is more athletic but he did struggle at C.
Jones looked very average to me vs the Colts and was pushed backward in the running game several times.
To me Barnes is the starting C. Have stein is the largest concern going into week 1.

Barnes is average too. Rhaney just needs time at Center to get better at it. If they go with the best 5 Rhaney has to be one of them IMO.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Finally saw the full game tonight...

We will have a top 10 defense. Book it.

We will beat Seattle week one. Book it.

We will start 2-0 and whip Washington week 2.

That's all I know for now.

UnknownREknown

Well-unKnown Member
I'm watching the game right now...

On the td pass to Givens, I love how instead of immediately celebrating the throw, Foles instead kneels down to check on Brown when he went down. Pretty cool to see from your qb imo...

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Please spread the love...Brockers was there on 2 of those plays...probably helped cause all 3...Donald helps the whole team,

You are correct Brockers was involved for sure.......but it was FUN to see Donald make 3 big tackles ina row to shut down that possetion.

That can be called The Snuff Film. LOL

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm watching the game right now...

On the td pass to Givens, I love how instead of immediately celebrating the throw, Foles instead kneels down to check on Brown when he went down. Pretty cool to see from your qb imo...

Yeah. Even held his hand. Definitely showing leadership.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
The throw to Givens was one of the most beautiful heat-seeking missles I've seen from a Ram's QB in a long time. Foles just outright launched it. Great P/A + fake end-around to buy him time; IMO one of Tavon's best assets is a decoy--the D must account for him every time he goes in motion or they'll get torched.

iced

You are correct Brockers was involved for sure.......but it was FUN to see Donald make 3 big tackles ina row to shut down that possetion.

That can be called The Snuff Film. LOL

Brockers did most of the work on the 2nd one!! lol

RamzFanz

Damnit

Which just goes to show what different people see. I think Rhaney was horrible at center. Not questioning what you saw, but I thought he blown up - until he became a guard, then he rocked it.

RamzFanz

Damnit
The throw to Givens was one of the most beautiful heat-seeking missles I've seen from a Ram's QB in a long time. Foles just outright launched it. Great P/A + fake end-around to buy him time; IMO one of Tavon's best assets is a decoy--the D must account for him every time he goes in motion or they'll get torched.

And then they won't...because he's a decoy...and they'll get torched! :sneaky:

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Which just goes to show what different people see. I think Rhaney was horrible at center. Not questioning what you saw, but I thought he blown up - until he became a guard, then he rocked it.
I definitely thought Jones played better at center was constantly on the second level and he didn't end up on the ground not once lol so tired of always seeing our center on his ass