I finally got to watch the Colt game...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I don't get the Rhaney love at this point except for the G position. Even that chip block he threw to save Foles two weeks ago was because he missed the stunt and the guy blew past him while he was double teaming and left the hole wide open.

LOVE that he played guard so well though because that's where we need backup talent.

I had zero issues with Barnes when he was first string and just a little more with Jones, but Jones is an egghead and if he can hold his own physically, he could be like having Molina behind the plate. Dude is smart, Master's in what? 3 years I think? 4?

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Good write up. I agree with everything here. Hopefully Washington is cut and Rhaney takes his spot as a back-up. I'd feel MUCH more comfortable that way.
I think Washington can fill the Davin Joseph role where we all pray he stays off the field.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I recorded it on NFLN's replay at 7:00am pst, I've now started watching it!
I'm up to the first couple of series AFTER We take the Lead 14-13!:D
I had to stop and put the Grand daughter to bed!
The D at this point is Looking Killer to me, Especially Donald!(y)(y)
Don't spoil the end of the game for me!!:LOL:
Back to the game!!;)

RamzFanz

Damnit
I recorded it on NFLN's replay at 7:00am pst, I've now started watching it!
I'm up to the first couple of series AFTER We take the Lead 14-13!:D
I had to stop and put the Grand daughter to bed!
The D at this point is Looking Killer to me, Especially Donald!(y)(y)
Don't spoil the end of the game for me!!:LOL:
Back to the game!!;)

We Win! Turn it off now!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Nice writeup 43 and I agree with all of it. Had very similar thoughts myself post-game particularly with the OL.

Re: Jones, it's really nice to see him stepping it up the last two games. His talent is starting to show IMO and it's good for the OL if he wins the job because he's got experience in big games with Bama and is the kind of smart signal caller you want in there.

Rhaney playing OG is something I take to mean he's out as the starting center and they're assessing him against the other depth options for roster cuts. So it was nice to see how well he played at OG when he didn't have to make the line calls and whatnot.

Barnes I have a lot of respect for, gotta say that. To survive as long as he has as depth cannot be easy.

Any of these three might be meeting the turk, I don't think anything is set yet. But ironically Rhaney is probably the safest simply because he's shown versatility and they might need him given Saffold's injury tendency.

Lastly I'm pretty sure a lineup of GRob/Brown/Jones/Saffold/HStein was the most common pre-camp assumption around these parts, so it's kinda funny to see what might be them settling in that way. And for the record I'm good with that line, particularly if Roger stays healthy by some miracle.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Which just goes to show what different people see. I think Rhaney was horrible at center. Not questioning what you saw, but I thought he blown up - until he became a guard, then he rocked it.

Jones looked weak. He went backwards on some of those run plays. He really struggled in the run game. He was better in Pass pro. Rhaney is the opposite. His best game is run blocking. In the end it looks like Barnes wins because he has the most experience with line calls, he is even in both run and pass pro. Rhaney has the most potential to back up both spots. Backup Oline is a glut. Rhaney, Reynolds , Donal, Wichman, Jones, Battle. Can't keep 6 extras. That is 11. It looks like they may keep extra Dline. The Fairley signing seems unnecessary now. Starting 4 plus LTP, Longacre, Fairley, Westbrooks, Hayes, Simms, Worthington. That would be 11 too. Something has to give. The Roster is getting good from top to bottom.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Jones looked weak. He went backwards on some of those run plays. He really struggled in the run game. He was better in Pass pro. Rhaney is the opposite. His best game is run blocking. In the end it looks like Barnes wins because he has the most experience with line calls, he is even in both run and pass pro. Rhaney has the most potential to back up both spots. Backup Oline is a glut. Rhaney, Reynolds , Donal, Wichman, Jones, Battle. Can't keep 6 extras. That is 11. It looks like they may keep extra Dline. The Fairley signing seems unnecessary now. Starting 4 plus LTP, Longacre, Fairley, Westbrooks, Hayes, Simms, Worthington. That would be 11 too. Something has to give. The Roster is getting good from top to bottom.

Did you watch Rhaney at center with the ones?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

I'm probably out in left field but if I had to put money on which of the 3 centers is cut it's Barnes. If I'm right the Rams will give him lots of snaps to first protect Jones and also give him some film to find another roster spot somewhere perhaps.

My guess is the starting five listed above plus Reynolds, Battle, Rhaney, Donnal, Wichmann with that as the rough pecking order among them. Puts us at 10 which I think they will keep at a minimum given Saffold. If they go to 9 and Roger gets hurt in the first game they will be immediately looking dangerously thin. Also gotta consider which cuts would be picked up by other teams. Of all of them Barnes is probably the most likely to not get another job and thus be there to sign on to last spot in a pinch.

Yeah the Fairley signing looks downright dumb, just got my fingers crossed it will play out over the season better than it's looked thus far. At this point I have no idea what they're gonna do with that DL but someone's probably gonna get scooped on waivers or at the least poached off the Rams practice squad.

iced

I definitely thought Jones played better at center was constantly on the second level and he didn't end up on the ground not once lol so tired of always seeing our center on his ass

you know its bad when your center spends more time on their back than the ex wife

iced

I'm probably out in left field but if I had to put money on which of the 3 centers is cut it's Barnes. If I'm right the Rams will give him lots of snaps to first protect Jones and also give him some film to find another roster spot somewhere perhaps.

My guess is the starting five listed above plus Reynolds, Battle, Rhaney, Donnal, Wichmann with that as the rough pecking order among them. Puts us at 10 which I think they will keep at a minimum given Saffold. If they go to 9 and Roger gets hurt in the first game they will be immediately looking dangerously thin. Also gotta consider which cuts would be picked up by other teams. Of all of them Barnes is probably the most likely to not get another job and thus be there to sign on to last spot in a pinch.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if they kept all 3 since Rhaney has shown to be a better guard - at worst he'd be the 3rd center in a pinch

Yeah the Fairley signing looks downright dumb, just got my fingers crossed it will play out over the season better than it's looked thus far. At this point I have no idea what they're gonna do with that DL but someone's probably gonna get scooped on waivers or at the least poached off the Rams practice squad.

I swear this signing reminds me of Drew Bennett - too much hype and little production

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Rhaney playing OG is something I take to mean he's out as the starting center and they're assessing him against the other depth options for roster cuts........Barnes I have a lot of respect for, gotta say that. To survive as long as he has as depth cannot be easy.......I'm probably out in left field but if I had to put money on which of the 3 centers is cut it's Barnes.
I gotta agree....3rd game...Jones showed me he's an upgrade over Barnes...The 2nd unit did look good with Barnes, but if Rhaney could play center, like he plays guard, he's way better. Barnes still looks like the guy that was Red Bryant's bitch in 2013, last game of the year...still letting 0 techniques bull right through his blocks, blowing up plays...he can know all the signals he wants, he still gets blown off the ball way too much.
Rhaney never has to play OG with Reynolds on the team...Never (knock on laptop)....Hell, I'm playing Wichmann over him, and he's missed most of camp. He should hone his craft at center...and get stronger, with his quickness & Jones history, he'll need to be ready, just in case....and should be an excellent backup.
I have a lot of respect for all these guys in the pros, but Barnes has truly been lucky to have survived this long....Only my Rams....