I dislike this headline

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
SaneRamsFan said:
X said:
SaneRamsFan said:
This team is doing what Fisher said they were going to do-keep games close with a chance to win in the fourth quarter. I think they are closer to a finished product than some realize. Either way its going to be a long week-next Sunday I go to the dome to see a game that continues playoff hope for the Rams if they win. Meaningful games in December are what the NFL is all about. I didn't let my expectations get to high this year, so the fact that we are still alive in the playoff hunt is a real nice surprise. I loved Fisher and Sneads first draft but had no idea their roster -renovation would lead to this success so soon. Whatever the outcome of these last three games the future couldn't be brigher for Rams fans.
Truth. I don't expect this team to be an "air it out" Coryell type offense. Minimize mistakes, play tough, give other offenses hassles, and do what it takes to win. This is a team game philosophy we're seeing, and I kinda like it. I like defense a lot. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing us take an early lead once in a while and REALLY force teams to play the way we want them to.

The real tests remain against those high flying offense teams. I'd say we're pretty well geared up against our division.

Nothing bothered me worse last year than being winless in our own division. To me fixing that was priority one. Mission accomplished.
I cut my football teeth on the Hank Stram teams of the early seventies. That was defense, ST, and run the ball. Jeff Fisher has a big dose of that era in his style.

Yeah divisional play is job one, if you beat the div champ both games or won one and tied the other you've clearly made the case that even IF you didn't make the playoffs you still beat them,and they are lucky it wasn't 16 games they had to beat you.
I hope we have the chance to play Seattle for a playoff spot, but IMO after the way they played yesterday, they may beat San Fran and sneak into the divisonal crown.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Ram Quixote said:
I support Bradford in all things, but there were 2 potential INTs dropped on that winning drive. Not to mention Pettis' grab of a throw that needed to be better. Bradford himself would likely acknowledge his shortcomings.

Fisher is creating a TEAM that can overcome individual mistakes.

Well said -- if you hear Bradford in his presser he states that the receivers made some big plays and he felt that he owes alot to them.

This is just paper talk again .

I will say that Bradford is the leader of the offense and is doing a good job so in a way -- he did 'lead' the team down the field for the win in the fourth.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Yeah, Bradford knew that Pettis helped him out big time on that throw. Hopefully he doesn't ask for a car, then again that's chump change to Sam.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ram Quixote said:
I support Bradford in all things, but there were 2 potential INTs dropped on that winning drive. Not to mention Pettis' grab of a throw that needed to be better.
Well, that wouldn't be the first time THAT happened. :ww:

david-tyree-the-catch-42.jpg