I dislike this headline

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
nfl-logo-footer.png

Bradford leads Rams to victory over Bills

Associated Press

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Sam Bradford threw a 13-yard touchdown pass to Brandon Gibson with 48 seconds left to lift the St. Louis Rams to a 15-12 win over the Buffalo Bills on Sunday.

Bradford was 5-of-8 passing for 68 yards to cap a 14-play, 84-yard drive. St. Louis (6-6-1) continued its late-season resurgence by winning its third straight for the first time since closing the 2006 season with three victories.

The Bills (5-8) all but mathematically dropped out of playoff contention by blowing a lead in the final minute of the fourth quarter for the second time this season. They squandered a 34-28 lead in a 35-34 loss to Tennessee on Oct. 21.

Buffalo's last-gasp drive ended when Ryan Fitzpatrick was intercepted by linebacker Jo-Lonn Dunbar.

Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press

Don't get me wrong. I like that Bradford came through in the clutch (again), but if I'm going to remain consistent, I have to take exception to this story title. Similar to when Griffin "beat" the Giants last week and NFL.com did that whole "Hail RGIII" headline. They didn't even give a nod to the rest of the Redskins for their part in the win, and they did more than Griffin did. Specifically, holding the Giants to 16 points.

This week, we saw the Rams' defense hassle Fitzpatrick; we saw Pettis make a clutch grab on 4th down (if not, we lose); we saw Gibson come up with his first 100 yd game; we saw Laurinaitis cover up a fumble when the Bills were in the redzone; we saw the o-line keep that vaunted Bills d-line in check; and yeah, we saw Bradford do his 4th quarter thang again.

I need the media to take their eye off the QB and spread the love.
Maybe then (and only then) will all the dillweeds on the interwebs move THEIR eyes as well.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
X said:
nfl-logo-footer.png

Bradford leads Rams to victory over Bills

Associated Press

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Sam Bradford threw a 13-yard touchdown pass to Brandon Gibson with 48 seconds left to lift the St. Louis Rams to a 15-12 win over the Buffalo Bills on Sunday.

Bradford was 5-of-8 passing for 68 yards to cap a 14-play, 84-yard drive. St. Louis (6-6-1) continued its late-season resurgence by winning its third straight for the first time since closing the 2006 season with three victories.

The Bills (5-8) all but mathematically dropped out of playoff contention by blowing a lead in the final minute of the fourth quarter for the second time this season. They squandered a 34-28 lead in a 35-34 loss to Tennessee on Oct. 21.

Buffalo's last-gasp drive ended when Ryan Fitzpatrick was intercepted by linebacker Jo-Lonn Dunbar.

Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press

Don't get me wrong. I like that Bradford came through in the clutch (again), but if I'm going to remain consistent, I have to take exception to this story title. Similar to when Griffin "beat" the Giants last week and NFL.com did that whole "Hail RGIII" headline. They didn't even give a nod to the rest of the Redskins for their part in the win, and they did more than Griffin did. Specifically, holding the Giants to 16 points.

This week, we saw the Rams' defense hassle Fitzpatrick; we saw Pettis make a clutch grab on 4th down (if not, we lose); we saw Gibson come up with his first 100 yd game; we saw Laurinaitis cover up a fumble when the Bills were in the redzone; we saw the o-line keep that vaunted Bills d-line in check; and yeah, we saw Bradford do his 4th quarter thang again.

I need the media to take their eye off the QB and spread the love.
Maybe then (and only then) will all the dillweeds on the interwebs move THEIR eyes as well.
I support Bradford in all things, but there were 2 potential INTs dropped on that winning drive. Not to mention Pettis' grab of a throw that needed to be better. Bradford himself would likely acknowledge his shortcomings.

Fisher is creating a TEAM that can overcome individual mistakes.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ram Quixote said:
That's all I'm saying. I feel like the media is shafting 45 other guys every Sunday when they do this.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Bradford is known for accuracy but looked to struggle from time to time with the wet ball, maybe.

He might not deserve the headline, but he's had a couple of comebacks spoiled by the defense early. So let him get a little credit for a change.

But if there was ever a team win; this was it!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
CGI_Ram said:
Bradford is known for accuracy but looked to struggle from time to time with the wet ball, maybe.

He might not deserve the headline, but he's had a couple of comebacks spoiled by the defense early. So let him get a little credit for a change.

Oh I'd say the weather had an effect. Did you see that Fitzpatrick herpderp pass? That was pretty comical. That snap that Hekker whiffed went right through his mitts too. I'm not bagging on Bradford though. I'm actually the last person who would do that. I just feel bad for the guys who are out there banging heads for 60 minutes and get little recognition. Laurinaitis got roughed up on that fumble recovery and Saffold kept trotting his banged up carcass into the game. That was pretty beast on his part, so if the media won't say it -- I will.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
X said:
CGI_Ram said:

Oh I'd say the weather had an effect. Did you see that Fitzpatrick herpderp pass? That was pretty comical. That snap that Hekker whiffed went right through his mitts too. I'm not bagging on Bradford though. I'm actually the last person who would do that. I just feel bad for the guys who are out there banging heads for 60 minutes and get little recognition. Laurinaitis got roughed up on that fumble recovery and Saffold kept trotting his banged up carcass into the game. That was pretty beast on his part, so if the media won't say it -- I will.

I was going to post something up about Saffold... What a gamer!

This team is full of tough guys. I love it!

bluecoconuts

Legend
At least it's some love, instead of the usual crap they give us... But I agree, they always just focus on one guy, it's a team effort. Even the little things matter.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
CGI_Ram said:
X said:
CGI_Ram said:

Hells yeah. Brockers had a breakout game today, I think. Stewart filled in pretty well for Dahl (still posting videos of him though). Jenkins is looking MUCH better covering those slants. Sammy B took some pretty massive hits today and bounced right back up. Dunbar is really getting acclimated with this defense, and quickly too. Kendricks snagged one out of thin air today, and that was a smoking bullet. All in all, even though it looked ugly, lots of guys looked pretty good.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
X said:
CGI_Ram said:
X said:
CGI_Ram said:

Hells yeah. Brockers had a breakout game today, I think. Stewart filled in pretty well for Dahl (still posting videos of him though). Jenkins is looking MUCH better covering those slants. Sammy B took some pretty massive hits today and bounced right back up. Dunbar is really getting acclimated with this defense, and quickly too. Kendricks snagged one out of thin air today, and that was a smoking bullet. All in all, even though it looked ugly, lots of guys looked pretty good.

I forgot about that Kendricks catch... it was a thing of beauty.

I'm sort of surprised Stewart hasn't dethroned Dahl before now. Hope Dahl is okay.

Sam is a tough SOB. He's taken hits this year that have been brutal. He's among the tough guys on this team for sure.

Jenkins, if he stays clean, is a downright playa. He's not even scratching the surface of his potential.

We got some pieces to be excited about.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
X said:
Ram Quixote said:
That's all I'm saying. I feel like the media is shafting 45 other guys every Sunday when they do this.

Irregardless what the media says about the game, we all know that the guys in that locker room have a different viewpoint. I know Fisher and staff spread praise to all the players. Not one person is bigger than the rest in any team sport, and I'm confident that this team knows that.

GO RAMS!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Well Sam did lead them and yeah Pettis did bail him out, but don't WRs do that all the time in the league...making plays??

It was a great defensive effort, but Sam essentially took the team "on his back" for an 84 yard drive.

So many times we see great defensive efforts squanderd, and so many times QBs have great gams squanderd by bad defense.

RamsNation

Rookie
We all know its a QB driven league,when they win they get the credit and when they loose it was the teams fault.Thats the NFL media for ya we can't change that,but on this do I have yo give Sam some love.He hung in there after a pretty bad day up until that final drive and he and the WR's made all the plays we needed to win.Sorry but that defense didn't actually score so I feel we need to credit the offense on this one.But it was a team win for sure not saying it wasn't,but Sam and the O did pull off that last drive and won that game for us late.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
It's the way of the world I guess - lets be honest our D has won more games this year than our O, got to take my hat off Snead and Fisher in our Draft (especially Brockers & Jenkins).

But what IS nice to see is that Sam doesn't give up, he's playing with passion - he does seem to take the game by the scruff of the neck in the 4th... and that I have to applaud

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Anyone else surprised they threw on 3rd and 1 there? It looked to me like the defense was giving them run, and I was prepared to see Steve ram it down there throats--and a bit disappointed when I saw him gallop out wide. Sure they got it the next time around, but Jackson had a hot hand, and if you're knowing it's 4 down territory, why not smash it the first time?

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
This team is doing what Fisher said they were going to do-keep games close with a chance to win in the fourth quarter. I think they are closer to a finished product than some realize. Either way its going to be a long week-next Sunday I go to the dome to see a game that continues playoff hope for the Rams if they win. Meaningful games in December are what the NFL is all about. I didn't let my expectations get to high this year, so the fact that we are still alive in the playoff hunt is a real nice surprise. I loved Fisher and Sneads first draft but had no idea their roster -renovation would lead to this success so soon. Whatever the outcome of these last three games the future couldn't be brigher for Rams fans.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Warner4Prez said:
Anyone else surprised they threw on 3rd and 1 there? It looked to me like the defense was giving them run, and I was prepared to see Steve ram it down there throats--and a bit disappointed when I saw him gallop out wide. Sure they got it the next time around, but Jackson had a hot hand, and if you're knowing it's 4 down territory, why not smash it the first time?

I was pissed at that play call. Mainly b/c I want Jack to get his carries. BUT after sleeping on it and thinking w/o game emotions...a pass has a lower % of being a negative play than on a run in that situation. The Bills were stuffin Jack more times than not...what if it was a no yarder gain or worse a TFL?

Tough call either way, basically a crap shoot. If it were me I still would've pounded Jack.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
SaneRamsFan said:
This team is doing what Fisher said they were going to do-keep games close with a chance to win in the fourth quarter. I think they are closer to a finished product than some realize. Either way its going to be a long week-next Sunday I go to the dome to see a game that continues playoff hope for the Rams if they win. Meaningful games in December are what the NFL is all about. I didn't let my expectations get to high this year, so the fact that we are still alive in the playoff hunt is a real nice surprise. I loved Fisher and Sneads first draft but had no idea their roster -renovation would lead to this success so soon. Whatever the outcome of these last three games the future couldn't be brigher for Rams fans.
Truth. I don't expect this team to be an "air it out" Coryell type offense. Minimize mistakes, play tough, give other offenses hassles, and do what it takes to win. This is a team game philosophy we're seeing, and I kinda like it. I like defense a lot. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing us take an early lead once in a while and REALLY force teams to play the way we want them to.

The real tests remain against those high flying offense teams. I'd say we're pretty well geared up against our division.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Is it my imagination or is that Newsbot guy a little less controversial and well ....prickly than X? more Dude pleeze. :cool:
BTW I watchedThe Big L on the tube last night ,hard to imagine Donny as Nucky Thompson but he gets em both done. I just couldn't watch GB and the Rusted Lions :ww:
They did give props to the rest of the team in that headline it sez "leads Rams".

Branded marked with a cowards shame
What do ya do when your branded
Do ya fight for your name

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah - Stupid is as stupid does. Someone comes up with the "Quarterback driven league" mantra and the rest of the sports media says "baaaaaaaahhh baaaaaaaaaahhh". What? You want them to think?

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
X said:
SaneRamsFan said:
Truth. I don't expect this team to be an "air it out" Coryell type offense. Minimize mistakes, play tough, give other offenses hassles, and do what it takes to win. This is a team game philosophy we're seeing, and I kinda like it. I like defense a lot. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing us take an early lead once in a while and REALLY force teams to play the way we want them to.

The real tests remain against those high flying offense teams. I'd say we're pretty well geared up against our division.

Nothing bothered me worse last year than being winless in our own division. To me fixing that was priority one. Mission accomplished.
I cut my football teeth on the Hank Stram teams of the early seventies. That was defense, ST, and run the ball. Jeff Fisher has a big dose of that era in his style.