I am being sorely tempted...New QB + Josh Gordon?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am thinking crazy, I know....On this very site, I have chortled at others thinking Gordon could be redeemed by the Fisher Recovery Program. We are about to get the best QB in the 2016 Draft, and have no #1 WR.... Then I read a story that says Josh Gordon's agent, Drew Rosenhaus says that behind the scenes, Gordon has dumped old aquaintances, and is taking positive steps to change his life. My contempt is changing into something else...hope maybe? Call me an idiot, and I'll understand. But this guy is one of the best #1 WR's in the NFL when he's not failing drug tests....What if we brought him in at a minimum salary, with huge incentives for being a good boy and producing? If we got the talented, non-screwup version of Josh Gordon, we would be a playoff team almost without doubt to me......:baghead:

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
After going Boom or Bust with the trade up, this gamble sounds like nickel slots to me. Sign him up...

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The cost would have to be low to cover the extreme risk.

If he could put the weed down for a few years, he'd be a pro bowler every year.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
That's being too cute by half. The second they trade with Cleveland, I would expect crazy offers to pop up that Cleveland might not be able to resist and the Rams' plans could go up in smoke.

The Rams didn't trade up for "either". They traded up for "the MAN", the Franchise QB, the guy who with Gurley is going to get this team over the hump and bring home the Lombardi.

Doing that would be Bobby Wagner X1000000.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, if they get picks back, it's by trading Keenum or Foles. They won't risk a trade down. But Foles won't fetch very much. The Rams want Keenum for now, but there is a chance Denver will give the Rams something for him, given the link between Keenum and Kubiak. I'd like it to be #63, but IF the Broncos and Rams were willing, I'd guess more likely their 3rd and a late pick or two. It'd be good synchronicity for it to be the third, a sixth, and the seventh the Rams traded for Keenum, which Denver now owns.

One other option, btw - the Rams could draft someone and trade him to the Browns in exchange for the other QB and picks - but that would require trusting the Browns, or really not caring which QB they get. I don't see either being the case.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The guy failed to get reinstated by the NFL because he failed another drug test and people ALREADY want to trade for him. Seriously?

And let's ignore the fact that the owner of the house that Manziel trashed said that Gordon was there with him.(and the owner said there were a lot of drugs and booze in the house)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Trading for him would be IDIOTIC. Please no.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Considering the Broncos were seriously willing to go after Keenum for his 2nd round tender which was the 63rd pick, it wouldn't surprise me if that was the price. For all of his faults, he's won games in this league and that's precious.

I think Foles will be the one on the block, to be honest. I don't think Fisher trusts Foles and let's just step back for a moment... who can remember the last guy to get out of Fisher's doghouse or regain Fisher's trust?

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
The guy failed to get reinstated by the NFL because he failed another drug test and people ALREADY want to trade for him. Seriously?

And let's ignore the fact that the owner of the house that Manziel trashed said that Gordon was there with him.(and the owner said there were a lot of drugs and booze in the house)

Yeah, initially I would have probably led the charge for going after him because he clearly has immense talent. But, good grief... he's not clean and not committed to staying clean.

Until that happens, there's just nothing to talk about...

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
Why in the world would you want to bring this cancer into the locker room. No way would I trade anything for him. I want cohesiveness with this team. A thousand times NO!

Ram Pat

Rookie
His talent is undeniable, that is why the thread. However, he may never play again. I would not lose out on Wentz and settle for Goff on that risk.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's not happening, for one thing he can't even reapply to be reinstated until August 1st. Then having missed all of the offseason program we have to work out a trade with the Browns, because we can't trade for him while he's on the suspended list. And Goodell has shown he's not in any hurry to hear these reinstatement cases it could take months before he decides and by then the season is over. That doesn't even begin to discuss whether he's worth trading for because of all his suspensions. Save your time and energy and focus on players that have a chance at helping us this year.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It's not happening, for one thing he can't even reapply to be reinstated until August 1st. Then having missed all of the offseason program we have to work out a trade with the Browns, because we can't trade for him while he's on the suspended list. And Goodell has shown he's not in any hurry to hear these reinstatement cases it could take months before he decides and by then the season is over. That doesn't even begin to discuss whether he's worth trading for because of all his suspensions. Save your time and energy and focus on players that have a chance at helping us this year.

Not to mention I doubt if he will be able to stay clean enough to ever play again.

He's a knucklehead.

Million dollar talent, 10 cent head.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I am thinking crazy, I know....On this very site, I have chortled at others thinking Gordon could be redeemed by the Fisher Recovery Program. We are about to get the best QB in the 2016 Draft, and have no #1 WR.... Then I read a story that says Josh Gordon's agent, Drew Rosenhaus says that behind the scenes, Gordon has dumped old aquaintances, and is taking positive steps to change his life. My contempt is changing into something else...hope maybe? Call me an idiot, and I'll understand. But this guy is one of the best #1 WR's in the NFL when he's not failing drug tests....What if we brought him in at a minimum salary, with huge incentives for being a good boy and producing? If we got the talented, non-screwup version of Josh Gordon, we would be a playoff team almost without doubt to me......:baghead:
What else would you expect from his own agent! Plus the agent is trying to take care of his own Wallet too!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Not to mention I doubt if he will be able to stay clean enough to ever play again.

He's a knucklehead.

Million dollar talent, 10 cent head.
You're being to kind. More like a Canadian penny head.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You're being to kind. More like a Canadian penny head.
I think he's worth 100 times more than that...At least one Loonie

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe one ruble? One pedo at best!
We need to make silk out of a sows ear somehow....WE NEED A WEAPON (#1 WR)......Only reason why I brought Gordon up.