I already don't like what we are doing

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Love what we've done. Added a TE as physically gifted as Higbee who can block much better and now added all world Kupp. Amazing start to the draft IMO.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Maybe people fail to realize we have an offensive staff full of proven
teachers,compared to last years staff.??? it's not even close.
I will not doubt McVay when it comes to O talent,especially
the TE position
Yeah. I think if nothing else, they need to be given the benefit of the doubt until and IF it is proven wrong.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Mcvay will use this tight end all over the field and we all know we have not had an endzone threat in a long time

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
What TE or WR do the Rams currently have that are good going over the middle and contesting balls?

Oh, wait, no, not him. Hmm, not him either..........

Oh yeah, Spruce. Oh wait again he didn't play last year........

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
after drafting 2 TE's last year. Ouch.

They took two TEs last year but we don't know if either one of them really fits what McVay wants to do here.
See 503's comment. Who knows what they think, really think of the Fisher talent?
TE, WR, and Safety....
Everette is safe....
Kupp is really solid...
Johnson is a risk...
Everett has some ability...same as any TE drafted...top 5 on most boards. I too question why they didn't like Kittle?
Kupp is ole school. His family comes from professional sports. He runs routes like a pro...has big hands...if he didn't run that slow 40...with all our other slow wr's (Spruuuuce, Cooper) I feel we've thrown a lot into this position in the last 2 years....
Johnson ran that fast 40...ex-wr, great ball skills. I bet he moves to corner.

I'm not overly impressed, but we basically handcuffed ourselves with last years trade up.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Johnson ran that fast 40...ex-wr, great ball skills. I bet he moves to corner.

I'm not overly impressed, but we basically handcuffed ourselves with last years trade up.
I'm guessing he replaces Joyner.

As far as last year's draft, I'm OK with the handcuffing as I think this QB class is seriously lacking in honest 1st round talent. Goff was worth the risk IMO.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I guess I just don't know enough about Everett. to even comment. Kupp ... i think he is solid ... but a solid #2, IMHO. I guess I will see if he proves me wron. I just don't get passing on a talent like Zay Jones who fits every need we have right now. ( Speed, size, route running, hands) Kupp has some great statistical #'s... but against FSC competition. Don't get me started on "he played against Pac12 talent).... Really...? Ore. St. ..... Wash.St. ..... Oregon ..... Not the best of Pac12 competition ,let alone FBS. But. he IS steady. He does have size, hands and route running... and he is now a Ram. So I'm behind him..... Everett and Johnson as well.

Speaking of ... last time we had a Safety named John (Johnny) Johnson ... worked out pretty well as I recall.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Everett pick irked me a bit, but him and C-Kupp together add some solid weapons. I think Kupp is the "this year" impact guy. And they got a solid FS to finish up round 3.

Not too worked up about it, just wondering how long it will take McVay to get Everett whipped into shape. McVay's the reason I'm good with it, and ready to roll into camp b!tches!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess I just don't know enough about Everett. to even comment. Kupp ... i think he is solid ... but a solid #2, IMHO. I guess I will see if he proves me wron. I just don't get passing on a talent like Zay Jones who fits every need we have right now. ( Speed, size, route running, hands)

Zay doesn't play any faster than Kupp. Kupp is the same size as Zay, is a more skilled route runner, and has better hands. And we managed to get Everett + Johnson for Zay.(while still getting Kupp)

Whether he's a #1, a #2, or a #3, he's going to produce consistently for us. He'll be a reliable target week in and week out. I don't care what he's labeled as because I feel confident he'll produce more than his fair share of 1000+ yard seasons. We got ourselves a football player.

Kupp has some great statistical #'s... but against FSC competition. Don't get me started on "he played against Pac12 talent).... Really...? Ore. St. ..... Wash.St. ..... Oregon ..... Not the best of Pac12 competition ,let alone FBS. But. he IS steady. He does have size, hands and route running... and he is now a Ram. So I'm behind him..... Everett and Johnson as well.

It's a bit weird to me to cite competition while saying you wanted Zay Jones. Zay played at ECU. The competition he faced was on average quite a bit worse than the Pac-12. So I'd say Kupp destroying the Pac-12 is a pretty big deal.

As for those teams, Oregon State was 7-6 that year (it was the year that Sean Mannion threw for a buttload of TDs and yards with Brandin Cooks; Kupp faced off against future 3rd round pick and Chiefs starting CB Steven Nelson), Oregon was 9-4 that year, Washington State went 8-5, and Washington went 8-6.

Basically, every single one of the Pac-12 teams he faced went to a bowl game that year. The Washington team he faced had Marcus Peters (first round pick), Sidney Jones (second round pick), Budda Baker (second round pick), and Kevin King (second round pick) in its secondary. Kupp put up 145 yards and 3 TDs. His three TDs came against Peters and Baker.

Kid can play. Trust me.

Speaking of ... last time we had a Safety named John (Johnny) Johnson ... worked out pretty well as I recall.

We should let him know that he needs to continue the John Johnson legacy haha.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess we'll see how it goes but the names like Kalil and Wagner instead of Leonard , Quick , and Klop .2nd round flops are hopefully a thing of the past .

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
After sleeping on it and doing some reading and film watching til late last night, I am much better with this draft than I was right after the picks. Again, it was dumb on my part to not do any homework on these guys before popping off. Nothing is guaranteed about how these guys will do, but by all accounts they seem to fit the mold of solid, hard working guys with the talents to fit our new staff's schemes. Competition throughout the roster and much needed toughness and work ethic has been added to this roster.

I'm feeling much better and am anxious to see how they follow this up today.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Meh....I'm looking around the league....I really don't like this talent haul as it relates to competing. I don't think we drafted one starter.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Its amazing how different last night looks after a good night of sleep and nice 6 mile run.
Championship!

Ants

Starter
Zay doesn't play any faster than Kupp. Kupp is the same size as Zay, is a more skilled route runner, and has better hands. And we managed to get Everett + Johnson for Zay.(while still getting Kupp)

Whether he's a #1, a #2, or a #3, he's going to produce consistently for us. He'll be a reliable target week in and week out. I don't care what he's labeled as because I feel confident he'll produce more than his fair share of 1000+ yard seasons. We got ourselves a football player.

It's a bit weird to me to cite competition while saying you wanted Zay Jones. Zay played at ECU. The competition he faced was on average quite a bit worse than the Pac-12. So I'd say Kupp destroying the Pac-12 is a pretty big deal.

As for those teams, Oregon State was 7-6 that year (it was the year that Sean Mannion threw for a buttload of TDs and yards with Brandin Cooks; Kupp faced off against future 3rd round pick and Chiefs starting CB Steven Nelson), Oregon was 9-4 that year, Washington State went 8-5, and Washington went 8-6.

Basically, every single one of the Pac-12 teams he faced went to a bowl game that year. The Washington team he faced had Marcus Peters (first round pick), Sidney Jones (second round pick), Budda Baker (second round pick), and Kevin King (second round pick) in its secondary. Kupp put up 145 yards and 3 TDs. His three TDs came against Peters and Baker.

Kid can play. Trust me.

We should let him know that he needs to continue the John Johnson legacy haha.

Excellent write-up...totally agree. Kupp is the real deal. He PLAYS just as fast as Z. Jones (probably plays faster than Godwin). Great hands, athleticism...what's not to like?