I already don't like what we are doing

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
To trade down ... and go after a tier 3 TE instead of a tier 2 WR or Tier 1/2 CB is not to my liking. They just lost my interest in this draft.

Ants

Starter
Yes, it seems like the same old, same old.
...and after drafting 2 TE's last year. Ouch.
I'm usually a pretty optimistic and positive poster. But I'm finding myself being pretty negative about this draft. I would have preferred a defensive player. But we'll see how it all pans out.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Every team has there own board. Whatever claims that the Rams loved Everrett and had him rated higher than other Tight Ends already taken... supposedly the guy they originally like was picked ahead of them so they moved back..

As long as he is the guy they wanted and got him where they thought he should, then I support the pick. They know their plan. We don't.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yeah, but how often do the Patsies have a "sexy draft"? Gotta trust the new brain trust my man. Gotta have faith uh faith uh faith.... Uh.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
They took two TEs last year but we don't know if either one of them really fits what McVay wants to do here. Again... we really can't look at draft capital we used with Fish and think we got good offensive talent. I just hope Goff is the real deal - which I believe he is - and that this is the TE this offense needs. We all bemoan how other teams use their TEs so successfully while we don't. Maybe this puts that behind us.

Debacled

Starter
Barret Jones. Probably everyone's favorite pick that year that fell and fell and never did anything of note.

Drafting names means nothing.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McSnead,
9s2nHdH.jpg

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I find it hard to believe that this guy wouldn't be there in their second pick of round 3 .

Zodi

Hall of Fame
I think it's way too early to tell. Jesus Christ, it's the second round fellas. Don't get too attached to names based on potential.

Ants

Starter
They took two TEs last year but we don't know if either one of them really fits what McVay wants to do here. Again... we really can't look at draft capital we used with Fish and think we got good offensive talent. I just hope Goff is the real deal - which I believe he is - and that this is the TE this offense needs. We all bemoan how other teams use their TEs so successfully while we don't. Maybe this puts that behind us.

So true. Really, Goff is the key. If he's not the real deal, it really doesn't matter much who we pick.
Ok, that's an exaggeration.
Lots of guys going off the board that weren't necessarily expected by us here. Let's see how this pans out.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
A TE who LOVES to go over the middle and catches the ball in traffic, drags defenders breaks tackles. Any Ram WR or TE on the roster who does that? No? now they do.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So true. Really, Goff is the key. If he's not the real deal, it really doesn't matter much who we pick.
Ok, that's an exaggeration.
Lots of guys going off the board that weren't necessarily expected by us here. Let's see how this pans out.
How true is this? My son asked me who I thought they would take with their first pick. I just told him that I didn't have a clue as the draft was going pretty much like every one I have ever watched. A few no brainers and pretty much the rest are personal value choices.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
They just got a damn good football player that fits the coach's scheme. He doesn't have to be YOUR favorite player. I cringe at the thought of passing over Lamp and all those CBs but they have other options still at those positions. The only thing I didn't like about that trade is we gave up a 5th round pick. I would of thought that wouldn't have been necessary.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
They just got a damn good football player that fits the coach's scheme. He doesn't have to be YOUR favorite player. I cringe at the thought of passing over Lamp and all those CBs but they have other options still at those positions. The only thing I didn't like about that trade is we gave up a 5th round pick. I would of thought that wouldn't have been necessary.
But we gained a 3rd rounder. Is that not better?

RamWoodie

Legend
When you consider what they gave up to get Goff (and that was Fisher)....this coach has to do what he can to get what he needs. Obviously he had knowledge Everett would be there and they've scouted him so why not get and extra pick and still get your guy in the process?

Not saying pro or con here about the pick...just thinking out loud.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Maybe people fail to realize we have an offensive staff full of proven
teachers,compared to last years staff.??? it's not even close.
I will not doubt McVay when it comes to O talent,especially
the TE position