Hue Jackson Told Gregg Williams to Stop Calling Browns Players 'Stupid' to Media

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Individually, Hue, Williams, and Haley are all decent coaches in their own way. But none of the three really seem like they'd work well together. At the very least, nothing about Williams and Haley seem like they'd blend well with Hue Jackson's approach on life and coaching... which has been abundantly clear with Hard Knocks. Just waiting for Williams or Haley to call their head coach a name to his face in front of the cameras. They both look like their about to explode at any minute.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Individually, Hue, Williams, and Haley are all decent coaches in their own way. But none of the three really seem like they'd work well together. At the very least, nothing about Williams and Haley seem like they'd blend well with Hue Jackson's approach on life and coaching... which has been abundantly clear with Hard Knocks. Just waiting for Williams or Haley to call their head coach a name to his face in front of the cameras. They both look like their about to explode at any minute.

If I were the Browns' GM Hue would be fired and I'd put Haley in the hotseat and tell him here's your chance. His offensive style along with Williams' style might mesh quite well, not to mention they're both similar in how they handle players and that can work very well. Williams wasn't exactly a perfect fit with Asshole Face, but the top dog and old school type mentality it gave them on offense & defense translated quite well on the field.

Haley is one of the better OCs in this league. He's also tried and failed before as head coach and might be ready to stick this time. They do have a strong roster to work with on both sides of the ball, so IMO with that new GM in place Hue is on borrowed time and for good reason.

fearsomefour

Legend
Watching Hard Knocks was all it took to see what pieces of work he and Waffle-head were.
Yeah.
Guys who trade on their position of power over guys to be "tough guys". I know Waffles history. Truth is any of those highly trained 25 year old athletes would have him on his ass in 10 seconds.
D bags both.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
So I have been watching the Hard Knocks this year. I have not seen anything on this show that has given any reasons that the HC is not a leader. They seem to showcase the players more than anything. Hue Jackson seems like a straight shooter. He has showed that he will not take walking around and only hustlers in practice. I do not see how he is not a leader of men I guess to each its own

dang

Legend
Lake Erie's about to catch on fire again!! Williams needs to save his rage episodes for when it matters - like when he asks for no ketchup on his sardine sandwich but they put it on anyways!!

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
This is just stupid. There's a difference in calling someone stupid and pointing out something that one does as being stupid. He didnt call him stupid. He said his tackling form was stupid...and it was.

Flint

Pro Bowler
This is just stupid. There's a difference in calling someone stupid and pointing out something that one does as being stupid. He didnt call him stupid. He said his tackling form was stupid...and it was.

The issue is was there a better way to communicate the message. Some people thought he called him stupid, you’re right Williams said his form was stupid and obviously it was dangerous but did he have to put it out there the way he did? Is this something you can see Phillips or McVay doing? Some people thrive in an old school environment but most don’t like to be called out in public.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
The issue is was there a better way to communicate the message. Some people thought he called him stupid, you’re right Williams said his form was stupid and obviously it was dangerous but did he have to put it out there the way he did? Is this something you can see Phillips or McVay doing? Some people thrive in an old school environment but most don’t like to be called out in public.

He didn't have to put it out there this way but I have no problem with it. I can't see wade or Sean saying that either but theyre not williams and no one is ever going to confuse that fact.

I'm guessing Gregg has told him more than a few times so if this much to do about nothing gets him focused on better tackling then it works out for everyone and instead of getting him or someone else hurt bad physically he just has to endure the (blue font) emotional hell of this overblown statement.