1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Howid Ballzuh

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by -X-, Nov 30, 2011.

1. bluecoconuts Well-Known Member

You can't compare the two because since 2009 the Rams have had to start over, the Packers already had a very good foundation as a team that had been to the NFC Championship game, and was very close from a Super Bowl appearance just two years prior. Trying to compare their down year to ours and saying they were able to turn it around in a year isn't correct, because they already had a solid roster beforehand. The Rams did not get that.

The Rams also haven't had a chance to develop young players because of all the injuries. They are forced to either play young players too soon, which can destroy player development, or release them and pick up older guys who can at least plug in and have some experience, not needing to adapt to the game, the learning curve isn't as steep.

I'm not saying the Rams haven't made some mistakes in drafting and developing, but I am giving reasons for why things aren't magically better in year three. The Rams are still lacking in talent, it's not easy to rebuild a team, you can't do it in 3 years when you're basically starting from scratch. Having to learn a new offense, and all the injuries have really setback the offense, but that does not mean we should just blow up the roster and start again. If we do that we will be in this hole even longer. Spags and Billy D. will finally have a regular offseason (the first one) next offseason, and I expect them to be a lot different next year. If they are unable to show improvement, then I will support a regime change.

Until then I do not. Changing systems on the team will only hurt them at this point, it takes time to do these things, and as frustrating as it is for the fanbase, you have to be smart about it.

2. Anonymous Guest

I agree with your approach. Thompson took over in 2005 and he hired McCarthy in 2006. When they took over they inherited several key players. They added to those--for several consecutive drafts. That means that when the 2010 Packers went to the superbowl they had been drafting that team for 6 years.

In contrast, Spags inherited next to nothing in 2009. The situations are not remotely the same.

In 3 more years, compare the 2014 Rams to the 2010 Packers.

3. -X- Not into the whole brevity thing.

LOL Come on man! You're still going with the Packers on this? The same Packers that had 2 (TWO) losing seasons in the last TWENTY YEARS? Those Packers? You're hanging on this 6-10 season like it was the year they blew up their roster and were in need of 17 starters. They were in the Conference Championship the year before that. I can't express enough how ridiculous these comparisons are. They took a 6-10 team and made them Champions? Really? REALLY? Through drafting and free agency? That's how they did that? There is no emoticon for that. They've been drafting well for a decade.

Trade Hawk for a wide receiver? What does that mean? If you're talking about trading Witherspoon for Gibson, there was a very good reason why they did that. They were running out of wide receivers. Literally. Does that kind of "no depth" account for anything with you? I mean, ANYTHING? Vance, you simply can't compare the two teams in any manner and expect it to be a rational discussion. You just can't.

I know I said I was done -- but man....... this just keeps getting more bizarre.

4. Selassie I H. I. M.

PEACE

5. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

Ah... a rational look back at history. Sure hope there is a favorable comparison come 2014. Thanks guys.

6. bluecoconuts Well-Known Member

2014 the headlines will read "Can Sam Bradford repeat his MVP Super Bowl winning season?"

BOOK IT.

7. Anonymous Guest

Indeed, the drunk tank for you. :boing:

8. -X- Not into the whole brevity thing.

Oh ye of little faith. You're only a 3 pillar guy. Fire Squeaky!

9. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

Definitely the consensus I thought we had.

Not as far as I'm concerned. Bitch slap me or anyone you want if you think they are straying from what this board has always been about. I think we can take it. At least I hope we can.

No you can't. You might try but...

Yep. Yep. Yep. Nope.

Or the many of us who feel the same.

yep

Anyway, I came over here because of the tone of this board. We don't have to hold hands swap spit. But there are several other boards that are filled with angst. crap - it is seasons like this where I frankly don't need MORE of that.

And King - I read your responses and posts. I don't get knee jerk or poo flinging out of any of them. You certainly have the right to be pissed at what you are seeing on the field. I think we should all be pissed. No one in this organization should be exempt from the fans' ire. I just think we ought to keep our football knowledge in mind when we start pointing at who to get rid of or what we KNOW is wrong with this team. And THAT is why I say - get rid of Loney and our problems are solved. :tooth:

10. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

Nah - think of the lost entertainment value. Give him his own column and let him roll.

11. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

\

On second thought - burn him at the stake. :sly:

12. -X- Not into the whole brevity thing.

Yeah, well, you know me better than most I suppose. :lol:

13. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

I just consider myself a decent judge of character. And you sir are a character. :cool:

14. Anonymous Guest

Yep then you would put me on the menu. Squeaky steaks are guaranteed to give you the runs. :lmao:

15. Anonymous Guest

Well I'd love to see Spags explain why the rush defense pillar never arrived here. :nono:

16. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

Maybe a lovely meat pie?

17. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

It's being held up by the rush offense pillar and pass offense pillar train. Thought I'd lob you a sucker pitch.

But really, I'd hold my breath and wait for Spags to throw someone under the bus for not providing that particular pillar. It'll happen.... just hold.