How Would You Script First 6 Plays

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Akers run to right side with kupp in tight to block on right side, blanton on left side.

Short pass to Blanton from spread formation with Akers in backfield.

Screen pass to Akers

Akers run left side

Deep shot to obj in one on one coverage.

Td to kupp

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Akers run to right side with kupp in tight to block on right side, blanton on left side.

Short pass to Blanton from spread formation with Akers in backfield.

Screen pass to Akers

Akers run left side

Deep shot to obj in one on one coverage.

Td to kupp

Outstanding script.

You show our ability to run the ball, that we feel very comfortable with Blanton filling in for higbee, that when you shift coverage to kupp, we'll hurt with obj, and of course, you can't stop kupp, you can only hope to contain him.

You should be coaching in the NFL., seriously.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Like Stafford said to Terry Bradshaw after the NFC Championship game.

Just find a way to win the dang game.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'd hit them with a pass on first play then mash on the ground. Third down and more than 3 would be pass. Third down and 3 or less I would mash.

McVay trusts his pass game more which is smart. It's in a good place. But I'd start this game off with an insistence on balance because I think we can run on this defense.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah if Cam gets going it's gonna be curtains. Rams are very hard to beat when the run game is going and both Cam and Michel are hard tackles.

TexasRam

Legend
I would hope we test their run defense early. But I would have audibles ready in case they are loading the box.

I am also fine with some early passes depending on what the nerds in the booth are seeing.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I'd hit them with a pass on first play then mash on the ground. Third down and more than 3 would be pass. Third down and 3 or less I would mash.

McVay trusts his pass game more which is smart. It's in a good place. But I'd start this game off with an insistence on balance because I think we can run on this defense.

I think everyone knows we can pass on them so when cam has a couple easy ground gainers and a screen pass early, now the DC is like, fuck, we're in trouble.

We won't make the same mistake KC made. When we have a 2 score lead opening the 2nd half, we will run the ball, because we can, and we will limit their opportunities to score.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Honestly i think it's possible that the Bengals come out with some butterflies....so if i'm the Rams i go uber aggressive on the first series. On offense.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
1) Donald strip sack of Burrow that Gaines runs back for a TD.
2) Von Miller strip sack of Burrow that Donald runs back for a TD
3) Floyd strip sack of Burrow that Ernest Jones runs back for a TD
4) Burrow pick 6 to Ramsey for TD
5) Nick Scott levels Mixon, picks up the ball and runs it back for a TD
6) Travon Howard interception and return for TD

Now, ... with 7 minutes remaining in the 1'st quarter, Stafford and the offense go to work ...

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
1) Donald strip sack of Burrow that Gaines runs back for a TD.
2) Von Miller strip sack of Burrow that Donald runs back for a TD
3) Floyd strip sack of Burrow that Ernest Jones runs back for a TD
4) Burrow pick 6 to Ramsey for TD
5) Nick Scott levels Mixon, picks up the ball and runs it back for a TD
6) Travon Howard interception and return for TD

Now, ... with 7 minutes remaining in the 1'st quarter, Stafford and the offense go to work ...

And people say drugs are bad?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I think you go up to the LOS with a run and a pass in your pocket and see how the D lines up - then pick your poison. Rinse and repeat. Take what they give us - all the way down the field. It will be there if we are patient enough to take it.

Honestly i think it's possible that the Bengals come out with some butterflies....so if i'm the Rams i go uber aggressive on the first series. On offense.

Bengals have been slow starters for most of this season. It wouldn't shock me to see them get down a couple TDs early.

They have been one of the very best teams in the league getting points within the last 2 min of both halves.

Bengals can't afford to start slow in this one though. Or it'll probably be like you say,, curtains.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams let both the Bucs and the 9ers back into games of late after early leads. 9ers in week 18 as well as in the NFCCG where they didn't finish drives early, Bucs division round after a 27-3 lead. So with the QBs on both sides an early lead isn't the end for either team. It's an advantage of course, but this one will require a full 60 from the winner.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg

I think both teams have butterflies. Doesn't matter if you've been there before, you're favored, or the home team. That's why I think the team that feels confident most early on has the advantage and by running the ball early and successfully the rams can say we're in control here. Then they hit Kupp for a 40 yard td.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Well, I'm not saying you don't get anything out if being there before. I'm saying you're still going to be nervous.
Agreed there will be some tightness from both teams. My point is more about some early stage fright which is another thing entirely. I see that specifically as a possible early game advantage vs Cincy.