How would you build an offense from scratch?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
LT, C, LG, RG, RT, QB, WR, RB, WR, RB, TE

Build a great O-line. Then you get the skill players.

I've never understood why a team would draft a QB in the first round and not have a solid O-line to protect him. Why would a team draft a great WR in the first round when the QB doesn't have time to get him the ball?

Edit: My reading comprehension skills are sorely lacking today so I edited this post to include offensive players only.
Great minds think alike. You can have all the great athletes in the skill position, but without an O-Line it doesn't mean much. Prime, as always... Good Call!(y)

MrMotes

Starter
So yeah, I dont see where choosing QB means the o-line has to be terrible, nor that anyone is suggesting all you need is QB.

Yeah seems like a misunderstanding. How in the world does saying you value QB highest mean you value OL least? Are there only two things?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Funny, true story about that clip.

My best friend of close to 30 years passed away and had his remains be cremated. I was given half the ashes (his family got the rest) with his request that I scatter the remains over some of our favorite golf courses we'd played over the years.
My first "scatter" was over a 204 par three that has a 120 foot drop. Most guys hit a wedge off the tees.
turtle_11c.JPG

Up I step, say a few poignant words and throw the ashes. That clip is exactly what happened. :(

I said "Lenny, you're still f'ing with me!!" :)
Sorry to hear about your loss. Funny story indeed

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
This year will prove and back me up as I Love me a talented center as this years starting center will be our 9th center in 50 years as a RAMS fan. Yes injuries have crushed the RAMS for so long and consistently on the OL. The youth in numbers focused on smart players with a long starting history except the Iowa OT/OG in Donnal that has had the best OL coaching a college team can produce in todays football with Ferrentz and his staff.

I value a very longterm stud at the pivot that does'nt do anything but make Probowls. I can name recent names that went high in the drafts. Rams have not addressed that spot with Fisher unless versatility followed close behind. I'm all for a center first that most can move over and fill in at guard if they are that talented to begin with. Is Barrett Jones gonna finally answer the bell? Round 4 is high for Fisher as we left a few Centers that I feel worthy of we picked lesser players as in rnd 6 we went Mizzu again with WR and Gallik and Garcia would have been serious players that play one position. SCREW FISHERS' VERSATILITY and his OL idiosyncracies(sp?). Gallik was only .2 behind two of our OL players we did draft. These kids have skills you can't teach sometimes. I was an ORT and would rather die than play center.

Wells was the pits after getting deathly ill and losing 45 lbs just to begin last years nightmare at the center spot. Jones backs up his Liz Franc with a non specifically named back injury and surgery and a career last chance to make the Pro's with the RAMS with Rhaney who was said to be getting big until his injury and IR and is this where T. Barnes gets injured and further injuries to Wells as he makes life miserable for Davis and Hill all season earning good money as we all questioned why. Barnes is let go and now brought back at practically nothing and yet is the leader supposedly to start for us.

Ken Iman,Rich Saul and Doug Smith had over 12 Pro Bowls between them. I know I'm old but I also got spoiled with Bern Brostek and Andy McCollum also followed these guys and Grutt was our World Champion center. Did we use up all of our CENTER talent for this half century????? I'm glad we have a Wang of insurance.(Should be in blue). A chain is as strong as its weakest link with Haloti Ngata's in this league that eats centers. Even fat old Wilforks can. We need major help guys. Any injuries to mess with this center situation and a vet castoff WILL be signed. Please stop saying we can get by with anything better than Wells. Teams will run major blitzes in both A&B gaps as last season and Foles is toast. I trust in Havenstein or Reynolds at ORT but I'll scream if Washington is our ORG so Fisher does'nt start a rookie. Thats just about as bad as Joseph was (very close,not to be cute at all).

We need a MAJOR break starting tomorrow and everything to go our way for the OL and coach Boudreau. Foles will need a clean pocket unless its a designed rollout.Sorry I got off the major conflict. QB or OL. I see OLT as the biggest key OL of course but the NFL attacks your weakest spot. We can help our OT's with TE's and FB/RB's. Centers can get your QB killed especially if blitz pickup is missed by a RB with his head up his arse. Takes just one time . Screw the backside hits only. The iggles even with injuries gave Foles so much more in a QB friendly offense. I know Cig. will do all he can. Just wish Fisher would change a few old tricks. (Rant over) soapbox returned to corner. OTA's begin in total harmony.