How Worried Should the Rams Be About OL Greg Robinson's Early Struggles?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Micheal Sam handled this best by statig "He ignores everything." And that's what you have to do focus on getting better because with all the social media available everything about you is not going to be positive no matter who you are.
Yeah Sam has a lot to teach these guys who've cruised through life compared to him, hope he makes the team

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
One OTA in shorts doesn't mean much to me. All rookies have growing pains, he'll be fine.
once he can go against someone elses defensive line, see tape on the guy all that, you can tell from his comments he's no dummy

Philly5

Rookie
Young guys don't have a chance with the media saturation around today. First OTAs, new league, new position, new playbook, etc... Good thing he didn't stub a toe or they would be declaring him injury prone.

fearsomefour

Legend
We all knew Robinson was a guy that was going to need work.
I wanted Matthews, but, was fine with Robinson as long as he started inside.
Worried? Not at all.
He is going to give up some sacks this year and get some holding calls. I have a hard time thinking of a rookie regardless of position that starts and doesn't have some struggles.
I for one love that Robinson has the ability to be self reflective, self critical. It is something missing in the "participation trophy" society.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Robinson is a BIG BAD MAN. He's gonna maul the shit out of defenses once the pads go on. Period.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I just had a burrito from Del Taco.
Way better than taco bell. Not even close.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I just had a burrito from Del Taco.
Way better than taco bell. Not even close.

I think Del Taco is a subsidiary co. of Taco Bell....all related through Pepsi Co...I could be wrong....Grow their own cows...crazy connections if you check it out.

Is it night time where you are? Hell, I'm getting hungry....fruit & veggies for me with a lil egg..

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I think Del Taco is a subsidiary co. of Taco Bell....all related through Pepsi Co...I could be wrong....Grow their own cows...crazy connections if you check it out.

Is it night time where you are? Hell, I'm getting hungry....fruit & veggies for me with a lil egg..
I'm in so cal.
Del.taco is pretty good for fast food.

Its definitely better than a sky is falling report on a rookie in shells.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Del Taco has one of the better fast food value menus. It's still crap, but if you need to fill up fast and cheap, it's one of the better options I guess.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I have zero concerns with Robinson playing & starting @ Left OG. However I have major concerns for a drop back passing Sam Bradford if he was to start @ either of the OT posts.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Silliness... but, sadly, typical for this time of year (slow).

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
:rolleyes:

Can't help but do the eyeroll at the article in the original post. So far, all we've had is OTA's ... not even at training camp yet ... and these guys are sounding the alarm bells?? Seriously??

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
I'm not too worried, because he's between Scott Wells, and Jake Long (If healthy). I am sure they will let him know who to pick up, or help him along the way. If he was playing the Left Tackle position then I will be a little worried. He'll be fine....because it's on OTA's.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
Nothing to see here, (and for the record I LOVED Del Taco when they were around these parts). The Rams are doing GR a big favor with this position switch his first year. The article touched on the struggle of early left tackles, and I don't think that can be overstated. He is getting his feet wet a guard, while learning from a Probowler. This is going to work out great for everyone down the road.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I love how they gloss over the fact that Saffold was having difficulties with the transition but still was a stud Guard yet a rookie having difficulties is somehow causing Rams fans to do the Chicken Little routine. Hmmmm... Bleacher report making up false panic so they have something to write about? Nah - couldn't be.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
That's a decent article. And it really illustrates how one simple statement or line can be blown up to epic proportions. And you can bet your ass that when Greg Robinson says, "I've got this now. It just took some time", that it will get about 1/4 the exposure or coverage.

how do you think the same reporters would react if gr said oh this nfl stuff is easy. can i get some compition here.