How well could you handle a hit/tackle by an NFL player?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I'm not too old, mid 30's, but after 2 decades of trying to be a pro bodybuilder, my body could not take it. So on a scale of 1-10 I'd say paralyzed.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Depends on how my back handles it. I've done some stupid things that should have hurt me and it was fine, and I've done some fairly tame stuff only to have it go out. Assuming nothing tweaks and I can still bend/turn/walk when it's over, I'm talking shit all the way back to my car to go home and sit in the tub while I eat an entire bottle of ibuprofen. However, there's a 95% chance that my back explodes on me again and I'm limited to steps no longer than 2 inches, a complete inability to bend at the waist (which means I have to be lifted up, straight back, straight legs like I'm tied to a wooden plank), and I'm going to live at the chiropractor's office for a few weeks.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I posted this topic because… DAMN… I want this. Before I am too old and will die from it.

@kdemoff … you reading this? Set this up. I will sign a waiver.

We will live stream it… It will look something like this;

black and white GIF

:laugh2:

Seriously, I am not sure how these guys do it 7 or less days apart. I do think the pay is getting too whack, but these guys deserve to retire from this game.

KD… call me.

Spider-Man Reaction GIF

:zany1:
Sign me up too but to be clear, I'm not just standing there right? I mean, at least I get a handoff and can charge our dline, right?

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
This thread......

All the more reason to give major props to ERIC WEDDLE for coming back, after being out 2 years...
Not only did he not shy away from some hits, but laid the wood a few times as well!!!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
It's not even the pain that scares me. It's getting the wind knocked out of me.
Man, I hated that.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
That guy hits like a girl. :zany:

My wife is 5' 11.5" and 155 lbs... she blind-sides me all the time... onto the bed mostly. But that QB has pads on so it equals out. LOL. She really does this though and has done it at the beach and around several pool decks... I have scars.

That hit really reminds me of some of my old Pop Warner games. In The 808 back then there was a tremendous amount of lying with birth certificates. I played RB and I remember looking across the line at some Samoan and Hawaiian "kids" that were way over 250 pounds and had what looked like 5 o'clock shadow. Did I mention this was Pop Warner? They all couldn't wait to put a hit on the Haole anyway. I got laid out and pilled-up on by multiple monsters on the regular. My coach was a 500 pound Samoan taxi driver... if you didn't get up after getting hit pretty much right away... my coach would send your ass directly to the bench. I learned how to bounce up because I wasn't going to ride pine, especially as a Haole. Times were much different back then compared to what happens today.

I'd like to think that I could bounce right up like I used to and conceal the pain... and I probably could still do that... but I know it wouldn't be the same taking another snap right after that like it used to be. I'd already be jogging to the sideline to proudly ride pine today.
Funny, reminds me of playing bantam in Schofield back in the day. You could play up to your 18th birthday, and after high school. But a couple guys were a year older and most likely got snuck in. Those who knew on our team didn't care, we were winning and I don't think we had that much advantage because we still had to make the weigh-in... 175 lbs before beginning of season, though we could go over after that. But yeah the age thing... rumors, rumors.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Funny, reminds me of playing bantam in Schofield back in the day. You could play up to your 18th birthday, and after high school. But a couple guys were a year older and most likely got snuck in. Those who knew on our team didn't care, we were winning and I don't think we had that much advantage because we still had to make the weigh-in... 175 lbs before beginning of season, though we could go over after that. But yeah the age thing... rumors, rumors.

It had to be better regulated if you were doing it on the base. Still cheating though I'm sure.

I grew up in Pearl City... Basically NO regulations Brah.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
It had to be better regulated if you were doing it on the base. Still cheating though I'm sure.

I grew up in Pearl City... Basically NO regulations Brah.
Pearl City I know very well :laugh1:. Worked at the Pizza Hut and Holiday Mart there in the 80s. Sister worked at the McD's. I grew up in Palisades. I think you're younger than me but if you had brothers or sisters I may have known/heard of them.

Yeah our football situation was a little under the table. I wasn't even military at the time and that was a req.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Pearl City I know very well :laugh1:. Worked at the Pizza Hut and Holiday Mart there in the 80s. Sister worked at the McD's. I grew up in Palisades. I think you're younger than me but if you had brothers or sisters I may have known/heard of them.

Yeah our football situation was a little under the table. I wasn't even military at the time and that was a req.

Older than my 54 year OLD ass?

We lived there from the time I was in 1st grade all the way up to High School. My sister and brother are a lot younger than I am... 6 and 14 years younger. We were there in the 70s and very early 80s. Pops kept my sis on a very short leash... highly doubtful you knew her.

I was "famous" in Pearl City though... since I was one of the two Haoles in the whole school back in those days. :LOL:

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
Do I get paid like an NFL QB? If so, then I'd take a couple of those.
The question was if you could take 'a' hit, so no need to overdo anything. I'd take it no prob and laugh my ass all the way to the bank . . .

with my wife pushing the wheelchair the whole way.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Older than my 54 year OLD ass?

We lived there from the time I was in 1st grade all the way up to High School. My sister and brother are a lot younger than I am... 6 and 14 years younger. We were there in the 70s and very early 80s. Pops kept my sis on a very short leash... highly doubtful you knew her.

I was "famous" in Pearl City though... since I was one of the two Haoles in the whole school back in those days. :LOL:

I'm 59 and played football at Kailua. I was a running back but I was 2nd team so didn't play much. But I'd probably be broken taking a hit now. But I might be willing to do it for millions of dollars. LOL

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
As for me taking a hit? Pain-wise, it can't hurt any worse than the thing that put me in a wheelchair in the first place. But I'd probably sob my eyes out right after it.