How Stafford fits into McVays system

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
This is an interesting breakdown of the differences of Goff and Stafford and how Matt and Sean need to adjust to one another to create a Super Bowl contending offense. I like how he illustrates how the scheme is as important to creating open receivers as much as or perhaps a bit more than speed or simple route running.

I agree with the perception it may take a while for all the kinks to get ironed out.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDmLJWGSj98

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I belive it was the beginning of the Brian Allen experiment.
Maybe but I think it was more Blythe because Brian Allen was injured fairly early in the year and McVay didn't go to roll-outs until Game 11 I believe.
The roll-outs began in the 1st drive of the 2nd half of game 1 vs. CAR. The first half was primarily shotgun passes, Allen and Hav both struggled in 1-on-1 blocking so they switched gameplans and ran close to 10 roll-outs in the 2nd half.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting how Mayfield and Rodgers took a year to fully adjust to the Shanahan-rooted scheme, hope the change in scenery for Stafford is a skyrocketed improvement that he won't feel the flaws of transition
Very interesting. Especially since it didn't take goff any time