How Rams' Free-Agent Signings Alter Draft Approach

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
bwdenverram said:
I'll take this every day and 7 catches for 100 yards and 2 TD's every Sunday :bg:
572 total yards against the #12 Sooners. Who the freak does that? It takes playmakers to win games. IMO the two guys I just posted are the best options. I really hope we get one of them. Either will make our team instantly better.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3_UNFZHSQU[/youtube]
This video is what sold me. I mean are you serious? How does he even do it?

Also, look at 3:37. I just started laughing. 6 defenders just trying, but can't....

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
A55VA6 said:
bwdenverram said:
I'll take this every day and 7 catches for 100 yards and 2 TD's every Sunday :bg:
572 total yards against the #12 Sooners. Who the freak does that? It takes playmakers to win games. IMO the two guys I just posted are the best options. I really hope we get one of them. Either will make our team instantly better.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3_UNFZHSQU[/youtube]
This video is what sold me. I mean are you serious? How does he even do it?

Also, look at 3:37. I just started laughing. 6 defenders just trying, but can't....

Yup- People talk about his size. Who gives a freak. If you can't catch him you can't hurt him. :lmao:

bluecoconuts

Legend
Patterson or Austin I'd be happy with either. One will be there at 16 either way.

Imagine Patterson at 16.... Then Austin at 22 though.... I don't think it's possible to cover all that. Put Austin in the HB, Quick, Givens, Cook, Patterson, motion Austin for an empty backfield. That's a lot of home run ability staring at a defense.

I wouldn't complain. Then use the rest of picks on S and OLB and depth. Forgettaboutit

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
RamFan503 said:
den-the-coach said:
kurtfaulk said:

i reckon if miami gets a sniff that the rams might go after austin that they will pick him just to spite the rams.

Doubt that...They just signed 3 WR's and a TE...BTW they need an OT. : :sly:

Ouch! :lmao:

Yeah - I don't see any team doing something like that with their first round pick just out of spite.

I DO see another team trading up to nab Austin if the Rams are close to picking. One would have to assume that is our likely choice unless Patterson is there. We have size in BQ, Pettis, Kendricks, Cook. Givens is a speedster and Austin would give us another speedster with return skills. That would be a wicked receiving corp.
I agree, given our needs at WR, I think there's a lot of teams that realize that Austin would be a good fit for us. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if there are teams itching to trade up and take him. MN could be one of those teams after losing Percy Harvin. San Francisco could be one wanting to move up; their first round pick is low but they have like 2,318 picks this draft so someone might be willing to trade with them. However, this could all be moot if Snisher doesn't like Austin or they like other WR more. One this is certain though, with only 3 WR on the roster (4 if you count Cook), we will likely draft two WR this year, one or both will probably be a high pick.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I'm just not comfortable with locking in on a receiver this soon. Anything can happen on draft day, lets be flexible and fluid and not get annoyed if they don't take the guy we want.

jap

Legend
brokeu91 said:
RamFan503 said:
den-the-coach said:
kurtfaulk said:

i reckon if miami gets a sniff that the rams might go after austin that they will pick him just to spite the rams.

Doubt that...They just signed 3 WR's and a TE...BTW they need an OT. : :sly:

Ouch! :lmao:

Yeah - I don't see any team doing something like that with their first round pick just out of spite.

I DO see another team trading up to nab Austin if the Rams are close to picking. One would have to assume that is our likely choice unless Patterson is there. We have size in BQ, Pettis, Kendricks, Cook. Givens is a speedster and Austin would give us another speedster with return skills. That would be a wicked receiving corp.
I agree, given our needs at WR, I think there's a lot of teams that realize that Austin would be a good fit for us. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if there are teams itching to trade up and take him. MN could be one of those teams after losing Percy Harvin. San Francisco could be one wanting to move up; their first round pick is low but they have like 2,318 picks this draft so someone might be willing to trade with them. However, this could all be moot if Snisher doesn't like Austin or they like other WR more. One this is certain though, with only 3 WR on the roster (4 if you count Cook), we will likely draft two WR this year, one or both will probably be a high pick.

We may draft as many as three receivers, and we can count on there being a ton of camp body FA receivers afterward.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Why is everyone so confident that either Austin or Patterson will be there at 16? I think it's quite possible BOTH are gone by then. What do we do then?

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
interference said:
Why is everyone so confident that either Austin or Patterson will be there at 16? I think it's quite possible BOTH are gone by then. What do we do then?
I think it's possible, but not likely. If it happens the Rams have some interesting decisions to make. It would mean someone else who is considered a good player would fall, maybe the Rams take him, even if it's a defensive player. Or maybe they will trade down. It's also possible, though does not seem likely, that they could trade up to get "their guy".

The one thing I will say is I have total faith in this regime come draft day. I think they plan for every possible scenario.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
interference said:

Take the best value. Odds are that more QBs will be selected in the top 20 picks than expected. So I think it's likely that one makes it to us. If not, I'm sure there will be a talented player who fall that far that is either worth the pick or worth someone else offering us good trade value for.

jap

Legend
interference said:

The Rams will choose the highest player on their board then.

I am only fairly confident that Tavon will be available, and, even so, I don't know if the Rams have him ranked as their top WR, much less top player. I have seen enough crazy choices in drafts to know there is a fairly considerable level of uncertainty. That's why I always defer to the guys making the picks. It's their job to develop a feel for where other teams are going.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
jrry32 said:
interference said:

Take the best value. Odds are that more QBs will be selected in the top 20 picks than expected. So I think it's likely that one makes it to us. If not, I'm sure there will be a talented player who fall that far that is either worth the pick or worth someone else offering us good trade value for.

Today Bill Pollian (sp?) on Sirius Radio was saying the QBs prospects are moving up the board and he thinks the Jags & Oakland & Bills are soild bets to look hard at grabbing a QB.
So let's keep our fingers crossed!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
PressureD41 said:
jrry32 said:
interference said:

Today Bill Pollian (sp?) on Sirius Radio was saying the QBs prospects are moving up the board and he thinks the Jags & Oakland & Bills are soild bets to look hard at grabbing a QB.
So let's keep our fingers crossed!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wouldn't surprise me. The way Cleveland panicked and grabbed Weeden is proof enough of that.