How often do you eat fast food?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Re: How often do you eat fast food?

RamFan503 said:
Angry Ram said:
Haven't been in a McDs in a while...don't plan to either.

C'mon... you know that almost meat like substance of the McRib is drawing you in. :sly:

I'm a veggie b/c of my beliefs. Only thing I would ever get at McDs is the pies, but since they stopped the 2 for $1 I have no business with them. Besides, McDs in foriegn countries >>> McDs in America.

bluecoconuts said:
Angry Ram said:
Then random times I'll go to Sonic.

I want to go to Sonic pretty badly. There are three Sonics all about an hour away, so it's not worth it to get it. But they advertise commercials all the fucking time. I used to get them when I was in Texas, and it was pretty good.

It's annoying though. Either put more of them here, or stop putting it on TV.

Their tator tots are fuckin worth it. Especially the mac n cheese kind.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

RamFan503 said:
Give me an In-n-Out any day.

shesaid.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

RamFan503 said:
X said:
RamFan503 said:

shesaid.jpg

Yeah - I had on some pretty stylin' duds that day I can tell yuh. Oh - you meant..... :shock:
lol. C'mon....

You can't have forgotten the "That's what she said!" emoticon.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

X said:
RamFan503 said:
X said:
RamFan503 said:

shesaid.jpg

Yeah - I had on some pretty stylin' duds that day I can tell yuh. Oh - you meant..... :shock:
lol. C'mon....

You can't have forgotten the "That's what she said!" emoticon.

Sorry - can't forget what you never knew. Is that from Anchor Man or one of his unwatchable shows? :bign:

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim

I made a decision long ago to always get away from work for lunch, to sit someplace quiet where they serve me food. And I'm a creature of habit so I would always go to the same place. That used to be Roundtable Pizza. Order the personal size, skinny crust, light on the cheese.

But since I was laid off from that job, I had to find a new regular place that was close to the new job. The quietest was Arby's. The roast beef Classic, no cheese.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall

I used to eat it a lot more but i've gotten much healthier in the last year or so. Now it's only occasionally, usually if i'm hungover. KFC is good, Maccy D's is good too. We get BK and Subway but apart from that it's like you guys are talking a different language. What the fuck are McRibs and tater tots?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

ScotsRam said:
What the fuck are McRibs and tater tots?
It's like Haggis, tatties and neeps.

But not really.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall

X said:
ScotsRam said:

But not really.

I've actually wondered if you get haggis in the states. I'm sure you can find it in niche places etc, but have any of you guys ever tried it? What's the traditional American culinary dish that I need to try?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

ScotsRam said:
X said:
ScotsRam said:

But not really.

I've actually wondered if you get haggis in the states. I'm sure you can find it in niche places etc, but have any of you guys ever tried it? What's the traditional American culinary dish that I need to try?
Well, it sure as fuck ain't sheep's liver, heart & lungs in a pudding. :shifty:

J/K. It could be good, but I won't ever know.

I don't think there's really a "traditional" American Culinary Dish, per se'. We're big on BBQ though. Steaks, ribs, pork loins & chops, roast beef, stuff like that. Grilled over an open fire, or smoked for hours and hours and hours until the meat just falls off the bone. Other than that, we're diversified enough to eat all kinds of food. Italian, Chinese, French, Jamaican, Thai, etc. Y'all just bring your shit to us and we'll go ahead and eat it for ya.

That's the American way. :ww:

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall

Don't be so narrow minded on the haggis, the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts.

I fucking love pulled pork but its really hard to find over here. Whenever I read about selassie's tailgating BBQs or Stu's restaurant my mouth physically waters, I love BBQ but the weather only alows for us to do it a couple of times a year really. Also I sometimes make a "philly cheesesteak", or my interpretation of it anyway having never had the original. It's hard to get that plastic "cheese" shite you guys put on it too so I ususally use real cheese, but I can cope with that!

I suppose your food must be like the rest of your culture, all of the best bits from everywhere else, but bigger :lmao:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

ScotsRam said:
Don't be so narrow minded on the haggis, the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts.

I fucking love pulled pork but its really hard to find over here. Whenever I read about selassie's tailgating BBQs or Stu's restaurant my mouth physically waters, I love BBQ but the weather only alows for us to do it a couple of times a year really. Also I sometimes make a "philly cheesesteak", or my interpretation of it anyway having never had the original. It's hard to get that plastic "cheese" shite you guys put on it too so I ususally use real cheese, but I can cope with that!

I suppose your food must be like the rest of your culture, all of the best bits from everywhere else, but bigger :lmao:
It's true. We're one big melting pot.

Hey! The Melting Pot. I forgot about that. We do fondue over here too. :cheese:

I'll pass on the haggis though, my overseas brother. I could shit in my hat and place a vanilla bean on it and sprinkle it with some cinnamon, but I won't eat that either. =P

Philly Cheesesteaks are a staple of the Northeast as well. Glad you mentioned that. And NY Pizza + Chicago Deep Dish Pizza. That stuff is out of this world. Then of course you have BBQ like we said - mostly in the midwest, but really all over the place. We're known for our BBQ. Oh, and Seafood. We do a lot of seafood dishes here as well. Lobster, Crab, Sea Bass, Salmon, stuff like that. Very well made, and very expensive. Lots of Scottish Notes needed if you go into an upper class Seafood Restaurant.

I don't know what else I'd consider 'American Cuisine.' Maybe others will chime in.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Ram Quixote said:
I made a decision long ago to always get away from work for lunch, to sit someplace quiet where they serve me food. And I'm a creature of habit so I would always go to the same place. That used to be Roundtable Pizza. Order the personal size, skinny crust, light on the cheese.

But since I was laid off from that job, I had to find a new regular place that was close to the new job. The quietest was Arby's. The roast beef Classic, no cheese.

I do the same thing, except I rarely eat out during work.

It's usually a brown bag, in my car.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim

Yeah. I think the basic American food ideal is to take some cuisine and re-engineer it. What we call a burrito in the states is actually a taco in Mexico, and vice versa.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler

I like fast food and healthy food. If it is good I am game.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

ScotsRam said:

Cold weather is perfect for BBQ. You just take it inside to eat it. Do you have the means to smoke anything (talkin' food here :mrgreen: )?

I could give you some ideas if you do.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall

RamFan503 said:
ScotsRam said:

Cold weather is perfect for BBQ. You just take it inside to eat it. Do you have the means to smoke anything (talkin' food here :mrgreen: )?

I could give you some ideas if you do.

Not really. But I want to get some gear for that. As I say, we do it rarely.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

ScotsRam said:
X said:
ScotsRam said:

But not really.

How does gumbo or jumbalaya sound to you? It's a traditional Southern dish. Still, like X said, most of our cuisine was basically lifted from other places...with our own twist and variations on each dish, of course.

To be quite honest, I don't know what the fuck McRibs are supposed to be either. Give me a Steak 'n Shake steakburger any day over that.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

The McRib has a cult following... But I haven't had one in 10yrs.

McDonald's will always mean hamburgers for me.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Almost never. I don't like fast food. I'll occasionally have Chick Fil'a at our college cafeteria but I usually get one of the healthy options.